Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2021, 12:25 AM

10,043 posts, read 9,553,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Good, traitors to the USA have no place in that public hall of honor. And the vote was bipartisan.

Also, this is not erasing any history, merely changing the way in which we regard it.
I agree 100% Pelosi should be banned from entering the building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 12:39 AM

24,886 posts, read 9,641,019 times
Quote:
Good, traitors to the USA have no place in that public hall of honor. And the vote was bipartisan.

Also, this is not erasing any history, merely changing the way in which we regard it.
Traitors and revolutionaries are the exact same thing, only difference is the former didn’t win. But yes, confederate Democrats have no place in that public hall of honor.

I have no problem with Democrats white washing their own history of creating slavery, fighting for slavery, then honoring their Democratic heroes, but the problem is history tells us what happens when we try to forget it…. You repeat. And there’s not doubt Democrats have us blacks on a nice welfare plantation to keep us in our place.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:53 AM

17,918 posts, read 13,854,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Right? I've never seen a statue of Pol Pot, yet somehow I learned about him. Weird.
Speaking of Pol Pot. How many times have we heard right wingers claim that Democrats were like Pol Pot or Mao or Stalin or whomever. These slave loving Democrats were evil. But don't you dare touch their breautiful statues.

Old 07-04-2021, 02:02 AM

31,306 posts, read 22,296,662 times
Quote:

I'm fine with that, we should also get rid of any statues and memorials of KKK members, starting with the great Democrat Senator Robert "kkk" Byrd

Old 07-04-2021, 02:03 AM

31,306 posts, read 22,296,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Speaking of Pol Pot. How many times have we heard right wingers claim that Democrats were like Pol Pot or Mao or Stalin or whomever. These slave loving Democrats were evil. But don't you dare touch their breautiful statues.
Naw, no problem getting rid of your Democrat statues

Old 07-04-2021, 02:32 AM

2,738 posts, read 2,258,444 times
All of the old bats plus a lot of the new ones need to be purged from the House.

Old 07-04-2021, 07:29 AM

57,405 posts, read 26,409,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Traitors and revolutionaries are the exact same thing, only difference is the former didn’t win. But yes, confederate Democrats have no place in that public hall of honor.

I have no problem with Democrats white washing their own history of creating slavery, fighting for slavery, then honoring their Democratic heroes, but the problem is history tells us what happens when we try to forget it…. You repeat. And there’s not doubt Democrats have us blacks on a nice welfare plantation to keep us in our place.
You keep saying "white washing history", these are memorials to confederate generals, this doesn't change history unless that's the only place you use, how about books?

The vote was 285-120, take a wild guess which party voted against removal of confederate monuments from the nations capitol.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:44 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,451,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I agree 100% Pelosi should be banned from entering the building.
Pelosi has not levied war against the US or any US institution.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:09 PM

73,125 posts, read 62,950,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Personally, I think there's quite a bit of truth to these sayings:

"One can fool some men, or fool all men in some places & times, but one cannot fool all men in all places & ages."

“The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”
Eventually, the truth comes out. I also think about something else you've said. Sometimes, it isn't in someone's best interest to know better.

As it applies to this thread, those Confederate statues being removed is the understanding in the moral universe that some people don't deserve to be lionized.

The Lost Cause myth cooked up by the UDC and re-enforced by the KKK, it might have fooled some people. It definitely fooled children. On the other hand, there are times I don't think many people are fooled. You have said that for some people, it's not in their best interest to know better. For some people, it's in their own best interests to hold on to the Lost Cause lie.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:13 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,336,558 times
Quote:

I pretty much agree. We should honor the heroes who sacrificed to save the republic, not the traitors who fought to break us apart. Screw the confederacy and the horse it lost the war on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies