Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 11:02 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,239,034 times

Advertisements

Don’t want the vaccine don’t get it.

Eesh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2021, 02:00 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Agreed, but 2/3 of the Bronx did not get vaccinated (and evidently do not want to), and J&J vaccine (if it behaves similarly as AstraZeneca, as it likely will considering similarities in vaccine construction) may have only 30% effectiveness against the delta variant. The fairly large mRNA-vaccinated population of NYC may be enough of a firewall to the viral variant, but there are also enough circumstances for the possible new wave of carnage this fall... no way of telling yet.
J&J confirmed last night a similar efficacy to Delta, additionally they implied there is a diverse immune response beyond just antibodies. Killer T cell memory proven up to 8 months.

That being said Delta plus is a few mutations away from having a dramatically different spike protein. The monoclonal antibodies which saved DJ Trump's life are completely ineffective to the Delta variant. This means relying only on antibody/B Cell immunity isn't going to be sufficient.

Long term, Pharma companies need to expand the vaccine capabilities beyond just promoting a recognition of the spike protein. This is only what the virus uses to latch onto the cell...There are many things unknown about how a Killer T cell is able to hunt down foreign entities without antibody signals, it likely has something to do with Helper T chemical signaling and detection of abnormalities in inflammation caused by the invader.

Old 07-02-2021, 03:12 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/30/n...-new-york.html

In the interest of keeping this pandemic never ending and perhaps persuade more people to take the experimental vaccine who’s makers are fully immune of any liability, the Delta variant is introduced. Not to be confused with the Lufthansa variant.

Will Nyers eat this one as well or did they have enough of it.
Did you know they faked the moon landing?

Old 07-02-2021, 03:15 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Stupid should hurt.

Old 07-02-2021, 03:39 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
67% of NYC adults already had at least one dose
Congratulations, New York! You've achieved herd immunity! You're going to get back to normal now, right?

Right?

Old 07-02-2021, 03:41 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
Every vaccine is experimental. That's how life works. We all serve as guinea pigs for successive generations in some aspects of life.

Maybe you'd like to introduce polio and the other multitude of diseases back into society and then we can just get rid of vaccines.
The ignorance demonstrated by this comment is astounding.

Do you just not understand the legal/medical status of these specific vaccines, or are you going full ostrich and ignoring it?

Old 07-02-2021, 03:58 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Save your breath ..trying to get through to the anti vaxers is like trying to get someone to switch religions .

They just want to ride the coattails of those vaccinated back to a normal life while letting others take the risk ..that is the crux of it
Some of these people seem quite strange.

I have a co-worker whose sister in law died of Covid in Missouri and was buried last week. I went to express my condolences this week when he returned to the office, which were accepted nicely.

Anyway, it turns out the poor woman had asthma. Her husband had experienced a bout of Covid back in February and she took care of him and she did fine while he got better, so they expected there to be no problem for her going forward. When it attacked her she resisted going to a doctor because "it's just my asthma acting up". Eventually she wound up on a ventilator but they could not save her.

I asked my co-worker if she had been vaccinated and he said "no", neither she nor her husband took the vaccine. Then he said "My wife and I are not vaccinated either, we have our reasons". I was a little bit creeped out by it.

I don't know, maybe they are Jehovah's Witnesses or something. It seems very cultish to me. They might as well be snake handlers with that attitude.

Old 07-02-2021, 04:04 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Some of these people are quite strange.

I have a co-worker whose sister in law died of Covid in Missouri and was buried last week. I went to express my condolences this week when he returned to the office, which were accepted nicely.

Anyway, it turns out the poor woman had asthma. Her husband had experienced a bout of Covid back in February and she took care of him and she did fine while he got better, so they expected there to be no problem for her going forward. When it attacked her she resisted going to a doctor because "it's just my asthma acting up". Eventually she wound up on a ventilator but they could not save her.

I asked my co-worker if she had been vaccinated and he said "no", neither she nor her husband took the vaccine. Then he said "My wife and I are not vaccinated either, we have our reasons". I was a little bit creeped out by it.

I don't know, maybe they are Jehovah's Witnesses or something. It seems very cultish to me. They might as well be snake handlers with that attitude.
My husband and I thought about getting the vaccine and my husband even talked to his doctor about it, then a good friend had to be hospitalized after taking the vaccine with breathing issues. Asthma is a scary disease as well, a friends husband died from asthma alone. I’m sorry for your coworkers sister.

Old 07-02-2021, 04:05 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Some of these people seem quite strange.

"Cultish" is the group of people that all ingests the "koolaid" just because you have been ordered to by a central authority.

Old 07-02-2021, 04:08 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Asthma alone is a crapshoot. One of my annoying colleagues has a relative with Asthma that got COVID and it was experienced as a mild cold. And there are those who got COVID with no sort of health issues and died a few hours after being admitted to the ER.

Vaccination status aside, my one theory for such seemingly drastically different outcomes is Vitamin D levels and overall nutritional reserves of other fat soluble vitamins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies