Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 10:36 AM

20,946 posts, read 5,574,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I honestly feel that a sizable portion of people who consider themselves Democrats think that the US flag is offensive. They feel like the flag has been appropriated by the right, and they hate that.

Not to mention the fact that many people who hate themselves and hate their country vote Democrat.

So I don’t think it’s a good idea to laugh it off as a handful of loons. There are probably at least 100 million people in the US, maybe more, who think the flag is offensive.

Chris Rock always had a joke, 4th of July was really Happy White People Day, because back in 1776, blacks were slaves. This is how these people really feel, and the self hating white people feel the same way.

Appropriated by the right? The left stopped stopped owning the flag five or six decades ago! How can we be "appropriating" something they want nothing to do with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 10:38 AM

18,913 posts, read 8,558,016 times
talk about over playing your hand.....now they are all trying to out "offended" each other

...when all they are really doing is offending everyone else....and massively turning people off

Old 07-04-2021, 10:38 AM

20,946 posts, read 5,574,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
talk about over playing your hand.....now they are all trying to out "offended" each other

...when all they are really doing is offending everyone else....and massively turning people off

It's time.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:39 AM
gg

26,134 posts, read 26,131,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Not all Dems - Just the Woke Joke Cult.
It seems the current democrats don't speak up about this new movement, so as far as I am concerned they are to blame just as much as the "Woke Cult". Maybe the democrats should someday speak up against this movement? Until then, I think I will paint them all with the same brush. I left the Democratic Party a few years back. The direction of that bunch is off the charts and they are using blacks like pawns, but they have a history of that. They just do it a little more sneaky now.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:43 AM

39,504 posts, read 27,876,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It seems the current democrats don't speak up about this new movement, so as far as I am concerned they are to blame just as much as the "Woke Cult". Maybe the democrats should someday speak up against this movement? Until then, I think I will paint them all with the same brush. I left the Democratic Party a few years back. The direction of that bunch is off the charts and they are using blacks like pawns, but they have a history of that. They just do it a little more sneaky now.
Some people are just idiots.

These people see it as a symbol of imperialism, hate, racism, and [insert your favorite phobia here] when conservatives fly it, or, depending on the day of the week, just a piece of cloth. (when haters burn it)

Old 07-04-2021, 10:47 AM

5,982 posts, read 2,940,212 times
Quoted from the article:

Today, flying the flag from the back of a pickup truck or over a lawn is increasingly seen as a clue, albeit an imperfect one, to a person’s political affiliation in a deeply divided nation.

The US flag isn't offensive. How some extremists have used it can be upsetting. It is true that today, if someone flies a flag on the back of their truck, for example, people might assume they are a die hard Trump supporter. I am a white male with a full beard. If I put a flag on the back of my car, people would make certain assumptions about my political leaning. Good or bad, that is a shift from how things were seen a few years ago.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:48 AM

10,396 posts, read 7,986,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
At what point do Americans get to call that treason? Where are the consequences?
That's been my question also. What about all these illegals swarming in and making our great country a 3rd world country and allowing terrorist, drugs, etc to flood in.

Why is this allowed? No one can stop this?

Old 07-04-2021, 10:51 AM

10,396 posts, read 7,986,569 times
Like I said in another thread. If dems, that fear the flag, can't handle the flag then stay inside today and brush up on some new pronouns or your Wokeness. It's been awhile and I need some good giggles with some new funny pronouns.

Old 07-04-2021, 11:01 AM

53,526 posts, read 35,235,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Appropriated by the right? The left stopped stopped owning the flag five or six decades ago! How can we be "appropriating" something they want nothing to do with?
it's like adopting the stuffed animal your 4 year old brother threw away because he no longer wanted it or had any use for it, and now, 20 years later, your brother is livid because you 'stole' it from him

Old 07-04-2021, 11:16 AM

53,526 posts, read 35,235,403 times
this is a leftist Instagram account with 3 million followers.
Attached Thumbnails
So Democrats now find the US flag to be offensive?-e5d8uleweaekg3w.jpeg   So Democrats now find the US flag to be offensive?-e5d8uo0wuakglye.jpeg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies