Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 09:45 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
planned geoengineering designed to reduce population and form new habits reducing consumption...
A much easier way would be......

maybe release a lab created virus that thins out the population worldwide ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 09:46 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
37% and rising. Climate change isn't just an abstract scientific concept, it's starting to kill people. The giveaway that it is manmade climate change is that the increasing rate of heat death is occurring independently across all continents, in parallel with the increasing rate of extreme weather events all across the globe.

Climate change deniers, by spreading disinformation, are complicit in a small way in these deaths.

The burden of heat-related mortality attributable to recent human-induced climate change
Blame the El Niño-Southern Oscillation, it decides if we have dry, hot, wet or cold weather. And don't try and blame human activity and climate change for it.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:48 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
GIGO FOREVER E L L I O T T

I look forward to your peer-reviewed rebuttal article in a respected scientific journal

Old 07-05-2021, 09:49 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
A much easier way would be......

maybe release a lab created virus that thins out the population worldwide ????
they would not not release something they can not control and may kill them too.
they just killed human reproductive system.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:51 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Climate-change is definitely real. Not sure about the death statistic, but I'm a 40 year old in good shape (run/exercise daily, eat healthy) and I made the mistake of spending a good portion of the day outdoors last month on a rare mid-90s humid day without proper hydration, and man did I pay the price! Was dehydrated and my whole body was in pain for almost 3 days. Had to constantly drink water for those 3 days and was super lethargic. Definitely had a mini-heat stroke. If I was not in good shape, I could have been a part of those statistics.

Everyone should avoid being outdoors for long periods when it is super hot and humid. Drink plenty of liquids. Heat-related incidents can be deadly.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:51 AM

4,672 posts, read 4,984,341 times
Quote:
37% and rising. Climate change isn't just an abstract scientific concept, it's starting to kill people. The giveaway that it is manmade climate change is that the increasing rate of heat death is occurring independently across all continents, in parallel with the increasing rate of extreme weather events all across the globe.

Climate change deniers, by spreading disinformation, are complicit in a small way in these deaths.

The burden of heat-related mortality attributable to recent human-induced climate change
We don't believe you and aren't listening to you anymore.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:52 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sorry, I don't buy it.
Understandable. Many of the same people who reject climate science reject medical science, refuse the vaccine, believe we are poisoned by chemtrails, Jewish laser beams, and the Jan 6 insurrection was an FBI false flag.

Okey dokey.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:55 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Just wait till we say no dice to California when they come begging for water from the Great Lakes. Yes, Climate Change is real and California is really screwed.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:55 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
37% and rising. Climate change isn't just an abstract scientific concept, it's starting to kill people.

No, it isn't. Go read newspapers from NYC from the late 1880s to 1920s.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:56 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times
Quote:
If I say so? I didn't write the journal article. Oh, and you're not going to get published in Nature unless it passes muster for academic integrity and proper scientific analysis.

Carbon tax. If every good sold in the U.S. included a carbon tax based on how it's transported, Chinese goods would have a high carbon tax because container ships consume huge amounts of the dirtiest diesel oil there is. Domestically made goods that are transported short distances, especially by electric or hybrid trucks, would pay very little carbon tax by comparison.

A transportation carbon tax would encourage more domestic production and discourage the importation of Chinese-made goods while reducing. Which is what conservatives want, isn't it?
Elliot, if you are a true believer then you need to start at home first. Your own home. Your life.

You are using a computer. A computer destroys the planet in its creation and its use. Stop using it.

Do you walk everywhere? Using any form of transportation other than walking destroys the planet in its creation and its use. Stop using them. Walk instead.

Do you live in an existing cave? All types of housing destroy the planet in its creation and its use. Stop using them. Live in a cave instead.

You are using electricity. All types of power destroy the planet in its creation. Stop using it. Go without power for the greater good.

Do you eat? All growing and eating of food destroys the planet in its creation and its processing through the body and waste. Stop eating. Go without food for the greater good.

See, here is the thing Elliot. Our existence in any form is a negative on the planet in some way. The only way to not be a negative on the planet is to not exist.

Are you willing to go that far? Are you willing to self terminate?

If not, why are you willing to destroy the planet to a level you are comfortable with, but at the same time demonize others?

You are hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies