Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 09:56 AM

18,501 posts, read 9,170,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Understandable. Many of the same people who reject climate science reject medical science, refuse the vaccine, believe we are poisoned by chemtrails, Jewish laser beams, and the Jan 6 insurrection was an FBI false flag.

Okey dokey.
Don’t forget that a cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against Donald Trump during his term in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 09:58 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Climate-change is definitely real. Not sure about the death statistic, but I'm a 40 year old in good shape (run/exercise daily, eat healthy) and I made the mistake of spending a good portion of the day outdoors last month on a rare mid-90s humid day without proper hydration, and man did I pay the price! Was dehydrated and my whole body was in pain for almost 3 days. Had to constantly drink water for those 3 days and was super lethargic. Definitely had a mini-heat stroke. If I was not in good shape, I could have been a part of those statistics.

Everyone should avoid being outdoors for long periods when it is super hot and humid. Drink plenty of liquids. Heat-related incidents can be deadly.

Thank you for your sensible post. A Washington Post/Kaiser Health poll found 80% of Americans now believe human activities are contributing to climate change. I think a large part of that is climate change is not just based on data, you can actually feel the change. I've lived in NorCal for 35 years and the change is very noticeable. Not so much the summers, it's the fall and winter; fall is warmer, drier, more fires. Winters are warmer, less snow in the mountains, less rain and fog.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:58 AM

2,367 posts, read 910,329 times
The article is not available. I am not going to pay $59 to read it. I don't know if you actually read the article or only the abstract. If you haven't read it, you shouldn't believe it, let alone post it here. There is no explanation how they determined 37% of the heat related deaths is attributed to global warming. This is the key point, isn't it?

Old 07-05-2021, 10:00 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,123 times
Quote:
I look forward to your peer-reviewed rebuttal article in a respected scientific journal
No you don't.

Your dogma should not be entwined in our laws and governance.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:01 AM

18,469 posts, read 8,292,857 times
In the mean time.....in Countries with good data......the United States, which has seen increasing hot days since 1960 affecting a much greater population.Yet, the number of heat deaths has more than halved.

Adapting to Climate Change: The Remarkable Decline in the US Temperature-Mortality Relationship over the Twentieth Century

......, the mortality impact of days with mean temperature exceeding 80°F declined by 75 percent...

https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/do...10.1086/684582

Old 07-05-2021, 10:07 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
No you don't. Your dogma should not be entwined in our laws and governance.
I'm a true believer in the scientific method. Putting forth a hypothesis, testing it with data, and then admitting it is wrong is a part of science. First we believed the Sun and planets orbited the Earth. Then accurate measurements were taken and that theory didn't work. Copernicus proved it wrong and said the Earth orbits the Sun. Science accepted the new theory while conservative church elders ridiculed him for his preposterous ideas. Sound familiar?

If the climate deniers can publish a body of evidence disproving man-caused climate change and have a majority of scientists accept their claims, then I will happily change sides.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:07 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Just wait till we say no dice to California when they come begging for water from the Great Lakes. Yes, Climate Change is real and California is really screwed.
geoengineering. RRR concept was widened. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridicu...esilient_Ridge
they burn the place...

Old 07-05-2021, 10:08 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Climate Change is Killing People: 37% of All Heat-Related Deaths Are Directly Attributable to Manmade Climate Change

"37% of Heat Related Deaths"

Questions:

How many total deaths are based on heat?

What are the causes of the other 63% of heat related deaths?

I will answer my own questions - it just goes faster.

It's the CDC - take it with a grain of salt.

June 2020 - Heat-Related Deaths — United States, 2004–2018

During 2004–2018, an average of 702 heat-related deaths occurred in the United States annually.

So going by your math, that should mean 259 deaths annually (37%) based on climate change.

However, climate change is not mentioned once in this writeup as a cause for these deaths.

What are the causes?

Natural heat exposure–related codes were recorded as the underlying cause in 6,220 (59%) heat-related deaths, with one heat-related death attributed to environmental hyperthermia of a newborn, and the remainder from exposure to excessive natural heat (6,219; 59%) as the underlying cause. For the remaining 4,307 (41%) heat-related deaths, exposure to excessive natural heat, environmental hyperthermia of a newborn, or effects of heat and light were recorded as a contributing cause of death. When heat-related conditions were a contributing factor, as opposed to the underlying cause of death, major cardiovascular diseases (2,112; 49%) or external causes (1,543; 36%) were most often listed as the underlying cause, collectively accounting for approximately 85% of such deaths (Table 3). More specifically, natural heat exposure contributed to 1,463 (34%) deaths from ischemic heart diseases, 438 (10%) deaths from hypertension, and 773 (18%) deaths from alcohol poisoning and drug overdoses.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:08 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Thank you for your sensible post. A Washington Post/Kaiser Health poll found 80% of Americans now believe human activities are contributing to climate change. I think a large part of that is climate change is not just based on data, you can actually feel the change. I've lived in NorCal for 35 years and the change is very noticeable. Not so much the summers, it's the fall and winter; fall is warmer, drier, more fires. Winters are warmer, less snow in the mountains, less rain and fog.
Science is not created thru polled responses. People thought the earth was flat too, because they were told it was so. There is no difference here, when hoaxers convince people that weather equals climate. When people are lied to that weather patterns and cycles in their lifetime are caused by humans, when the same exact weather patterns have existed for all time.

Show me in the last 10,000 years where the climate was stable, flat and perfect. If anything, we are currently experiencing a cooling phase, and yet you want to pretend we are burning up.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:09 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,968,029 times
Quote:
37% and rising. Climate change isn't just an abstract scientific concept, it's starting to kill people. The giveaway that it is manmade climate change is that the increasing rate of heat death is occurring independently across all continents, in parallel with the increasing rate of extreme weather events all across the globe.

Climate change deniers, by spreading disinformation, are complicit in a small way in these deaths.

The burden of heat-related mortality attributable to recent human-induced climate change
HAHAHA.

Who believes this garbage. "37%"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Made-up BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies