Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 10:45 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
1. I don't hate anyone....but if I did, Trump wouldn't make the cut. Trump isn't worth the energy it would take to hate him.

2. The only reason I care about Trump at all is because the Senate didn't do it's job and prevent him from ever holding a Federal office again. I couldn't care less about Trump the person. I care about the stain that a man of his amorality and lack of character has left on the country by being the President, and I don't want that stain to get bigger. Am I obsessed with Trump? No. Am I obsessed re not wanting Trump (nor anyone of his amorality and low character) to be President (which isn't the same thing) ? Meh, an argument could potentially be made for that.

3. The problem for you with the last 14 words of your post is that it reveals your 'Us vs. Them' mentality. My criticism of Trump has nothing to do with Biden. Criticizing Trump doesn't make someone a Democrat, nor a Biden supporter/voter. Criticizing Trump doesn't definitively make anyone anything other than someone who is criticizing Trump. Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'. I'm not a Democrat, I would never vote for Biden and, as such, I'm under no obligation to defend anything Biden does.
As for #3. Us vs them began with your side, Bush not my President, protesting, calling him illegitimate etc….. I am glad you didn’t vote Biden in

Old 07-15-2021, 11:28 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Are you saying someone could be worse than Trump? You do have a point. Much of the problem with Trump is he is both dumb and lazy. It could have been much worse if Trump had any brains and could read.
Yes. Luckily for our democracy, Trump was child like and semi literate per some that worked closely with him. There are others who have the intelligence and wherewithal to be effective. THAT, is what I fear.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:41 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Ah, another report of "someone heard someone say something" and reported as a fact, lol.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:44 AM

574 posts, read 299,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Hope we never get attacked, and hope our young men and women don’t ever have to go to battle under the command of this whimpering goon
This is the first time in my life I wouldn't recommend someone join today's military.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:40 PM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Since when has voting became so very difficult? No one complained about voting when Obama was running and even the2016 election. You need a ID for everything, unless you aren’t registered to vote or not a legal citizen, you would have a ID.
The drum beat for voter fraud claims began under Obama and continued when Trump had a voter fraud commission. That is why they claimed we needed voter ID’s and limits placed on college students voting. Why is easier access to voting an issue if there isn’t fraud.

Old 07-15-2021, 01:03 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,918,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Fear of a changing America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The drum beat for voter fraud claims began under Obama and continued when Trump had a voter fraud commission. That is why they claimed we needed voter ID’s and limits placed on college students voting. Why is easier access to voting an issue if there isn’t fraud.
Why is having a ID a issue? Let’s not have any ID’s period, no proof of you are. Why the reluctance? Why suddenly people are to ignorant that it is so hard to get a Id?

Old 07-15-2021, 01:08 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Quote:
Why is having a ID a issue? Let’s not have any ID’s period, no proof of you are. Why the reluctance? Why suddenly people are to ignorant that it is so hard to get a Id?
I have no problem with voter ID in theory, but like many other things, the devil’s in the details. The ID’s should be free, easy for anyone to obtain and the requirement not implemented in an election year.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 07-15-2021 at 01:16 PM..

Old 07-15-2021, 01:21 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They are voter reductions, they certainly don't like the large turnouts.

We are still waiting for one instance of massive fraud, how many fraud cases were there in Texas that generated this response, one.

Can’t rep you again.

This is about limiting turnout in demos that don’t vote with regularity, but vote primarily for Democrats when they do vote (minorities and younger voters). If too many of the “wrong people” vote it’s hard for a Republican to win.

Old 07-15-2021, 05:23 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
It was a very concerning possibility. My worry for the future is what happens if the red hats force in someone worse but effective. For those that question, keep in mind that Milley has much better intelligence than any of us have access to.
That's silly. He's not relying on any "intelligence", just like the Bush administration did not rely on any "intelligence" in claiming that Hussein had WMD's. Like the Bush administration, Milley is just making stuff up to serve a pre-determined agenda, which should be obvious when what he says makes no sense.

Milley's statement that he feared Trump would launch a coup is self-refuting. He knows full well that no coup is possible without the military, and no one knew better than Milley that the military was *not* going to help Trump.

Milley is a pathological liar and an authoritarian thug.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 07-15-2021 at 06:22 PM..

Old 07-15-2021, 06:14 PM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
If it doesn't eliminate voters fine, but we know that some will be eliminated.

We haven't had voter ID's for decades so why is this so important now, what generated this and other laws certainly isn't because of fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies