Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 08:35 AM

23,498 posts, read 12,502,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Anyone who chooses not to get the vaccine is fine by me, but I think getting a fake vaccine card is idiotic. If you're taking such a stand - take it.
If the government attempts to control the unvaccinated, like withholding food purchases from the unvaccinated or locking them in their own home for the next three years, then there will likely be a run on fake cards. At this point most likely the vast majority wouldn't bother to get a fake card until they're forced to. Under normal times and a normal administration those things likely wouldn't happen but these are not normal times and we don't have a normal administration.

Quote:
Or just tell everyone you self-identify as someone who has been vaccinated.

Or they could just say they're an illegal...then, even if they have covid, they could probably get a free plane trip across country to visit their friends or relatives.

Old 07-15-2021, 08:41 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,989 times
No I wouldn’t, number one reason it is dishonest and it wouldn’t be right.

Old 07-15-2021, 08:46 AM

25,705 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
And the 607,000 folks who died from Covid all agree with me.
Thats about 8.09x10^(-5) or 0.0000809 or 0.00809% of the world population.

Any more numbers that you want to sound scary and cause panic, which really are quite unimpressive?

An average of 163,898 people die each day on this planet. Covid or not.

At that rate, since the covid monster started, that is right around 89,734,155 people who have died. So how does your 607,000 compare to that number? It compares thusly: 0.67% of those deaths were due to covid over that time period. And that number is likely inflated.

So you'll have to excuse me if your "scary number" doesn't have me ****ing my pants. For anyone who understands numbers and statistics, your number is quite quotidian.

I'm far more worried about cancer, since the rate there is somewhere between 25 and 50%. But y'all don't have a vax for that, do you? Nope. Curing cancer would cut WAY TOO DEEPLY into Big Med's revenue stream, wouldn't it? Because we wouldn't be dealing with a piddly-ass sub half percent. We'd be dealing with more along the lines of fifty percent. That would be half the population NOT paying exorbitant prices for cancer treatment somewhere along the way. Not prudent, eh?

Old 07-15-2021, 08:50 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
This is now very commonly reported on sites such as Telegram, Gab and Parler. Some via invite only groups. Will ultimately be the solution for many.

https://slate.com/technology/2021/07...scam-fake.html

https://abc7news.com/fake-covid-19-v...raud/10887317/

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/05/india...hnk/index.html

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/c...YnhkYX06GZ9uKj
I don’t need fake vaccine or fake card, I have the real one.

Old 07-15-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
If the government attempts to control the unvaccinated, like withholding food purchases from the unvaccinated or locking them in their own home for the next three years, then there will likely be a run on fake cards. At this point most likely the vast majority wouldn't bother to get a fake card until they're forced to. Under normal times and a normal administration those things likely wouldn't happen but these are not normal times and we don't have a normal administration.

Or they could just say they're an illegal...then, even if they have covid, they could probably get a free plane trip across country to visit their friends or relatives.
Hey, you just gave me an idea. I speak Spanish and at one time when I did so regularly, I was told that I had absolutely zero "gringo" accent. So if I practiced up a bit, got a good tan going, took a plane to Mexico D.F. and then waltzed across our southern border shouting, "Voy a votar Biden, voy a votar Biden," would I be left alone once I was given a new home and car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don’t need fake vaccine or fake card, I have the real one.
Damn, you're special, Saint Fragile.

Old 07-15-2021, 08:59 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Hey, you just gave me an idea. I speak Spanish and at one time when I did so regularly, I was told that I had absolutely zero "gringo" accent. So if I practiced up a bit, got a good tan going, took a plane to Mexico D.F. and then waltzed across our southern border shouting, "Voy a votar Biden, voy a votar Biden," would I be left alone once I was given a new home and car?

Damn, you're special, Saint Fragile.
Yeah, I’m special because I got the vaccine & the card to prove it. You too could be special.

Old 07-15-2021, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yeah, I’m special because I got the vaccine & the card to prove it. You too could be special.
I'm thinking I'll pass on that. I wouldn't want to cut in on your specialness...

Old 07-15-2021, 09:28 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,723,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post

And the 607,000 folks who died from Covid all agree with me.

Roll eyes, indeed
That's a snowflake in the worlds population and what affect did it have? Zilch.....
Look at WW2 @ 75million dead around the world and what affect did that have to overall society?
Another zilch.....

Old 07-15-2021, 09:33 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Thats about 8.09x10^(-5) or 0.0000809 or 0.00809% of the world population.

Any more numbers that you want to sound scary and cause panic, which really are quite unimpressive?

An average of 163,898 people die each day on this planet. Covid or not.

At that rate, since the covid monster started, that is right around 89,734,155 people who have died. So how does your 607,000 compare to that number? It compares thusly: 0.67% of those deaths were due to covid over that time period. And that number is likely inflated.

So you'll have to excuse me if your "scary number" doesn't have me ****ing my pants. For anyone who understands numbers and statistics, your number is quite quotidian.

I'm far more worried about cancer, since the rate there is somewhere between 25 and 50%. But y'all don't have a vax for that, do you? Nope. Curing cancer would cut WAY TOO DEEPLY into Big Med's revenue stream, wouldn't it? Because we wouldn't be dealing with a piddly-ass sub half percent. We'd be dealing with more along the lines of fifty percent. That would be half the population NOT paying exorbitant prices for cancer treatment somewhere along the way. Not prudent, eh?
lol - you know of course the 607k is just US deaths, not global. And if you were one of those 607k, or one of your family members was one of those, it would matter to you.

Sorry to get you all triggered up.

Old 07-15-2021, 09:34 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
That's a snowflake in the worlds population and what affect did it have? Zilch.....
Look at WW2 @ 75million dead around the world and what affect did that have to overall society?
Another zilch.....
This is just beyond stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies