Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 07:35 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times

Advertisements

The moment every adult who wanted the vaccine was able to get one should have been the time when everything went back to normal. Those who are still afraid can wear N95 masks which do protect the wearer. We need to learn to live with this virus, just like we live with other viruses. The idea that we can make it disappear with vaccines is not based in reality.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:03 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Have you forgotten that COVID is just a hoax perpetuated by the Democrats with the help of the Chinese? If you are really concerned, remember that our once and still rightful president advised the people of this nation to simply inoculate themselves with chlorine bleach. Bleach! It's not just for your outsides - it cures what ails you inside too!

Even if COVID was actually real, the disabled and the elderly should do what any true patriot would do - die without making a fuss so the economy won't be hurt and 18 year-olds can keep on partying packed shoulder to shoulder on Florida's beaches for spring break.

Quit listening to the Marxist, child sex traffickers who call themselves Democrats, and you'll feel much better.
Excellent recap!

Old 07-16-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
There are many solutions that do work, but health care doesn't want to use them because they want funding and power.

Vitamin D absolutely works... and ivermectin has enough support in India (notice the dropping of deaths) to make it a first line solution here.

But big medicine and he white house don't want to use it.
More studies have come out supporting its use. It takes time for medicine to adopt new treatments. And moving forward as there is more solid data supporting its use, Ivermectin will become more widely used. As opposed to HCQ.

Quite a few studies rebuke the use of Vit D. But its use is so benign it will first do no harm.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:11 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Even if severe cases really are entirely among people with pre-existing conditions and the elderly, the virus still places too much of a strain on our healthcare system to simply let it go endemic. Since half the country won't accept a vaccine, what else do we do? Do we just stay locked down forever, as long as certain types of gatherings like churches aren't affected?
These pandemics and endemics all run their course.
We go through a flu season every year which kills thousands and hospitalizes hundreds of thousands targeting the elderly and very young.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:18 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Life goes on as normal for the 60% of the population that will regularly receive boosters. And the 40% who refuse vaccines are just going to be exposed to ever more deadly and contagious strains of Covid.

I don't know if there's anything we can do at this point for people that won't get a vaccine.
The problem is that those 40% are a breeding ground for new variants, some of which may be able to infect us vaccinated folks.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
You “end” Covid by treating it like the flu, which should’ve been the approach all along.
It generally has been. Trump fast tracked the development of vaccines. On a broad scale, vaccines are the only humane and timely way to control a serious pandemic.

On an individual scale in the hospital with seriously ill patients, Covid 19 patients are typically more complicated than Influenza, which are nearly all respiratory cases. Covid 19 patients can present with many more complications and systems failures. Vascular, clots, renal failure, heart attacks and strokes, in addition to the most common being respiratory.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:19 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I try to boost my immune system, a doctor told me to take vitamin C D and zinc, which I do, I don go near people and even before, I always washed my hands.
A strong immune system won't stop you from contracting the virus. In fact, some of the worst effects of the virus are consequences of the immune system's response to the infection

Old 07-16-2021, 08:22 AM

25,749 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If not vaccines, how do we end Covid?
How have we ended every other epidemic/pandemic since the beginning of recorded human history?

Old 07-16-2021, 08:24 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Well, my fiance has been taken away by ambulance on July 14th and July 15th for severe abdominal pain. He's okay now.

The hospital he went to is Hoag hospital in Newport Beach, California. According to him, the doctor said they have not seen any covid patients in the past 2 weeks or so. Emergency room wasn't crowded, so I guess business has gone back to "normal"?

Old 07-16-2021, 08:36 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Good grief. Those who don’t want the vaccine had made their minds up long ago, for their own reasons. Utter nonsense to say it’s a guy on cable news that’s controlling people with some “campaign.” The only “campaign” happening is the “get the Pfizer or Moderna” campaign.

No. The far right politicians and media have grabbed vaccine hesitancy and are fully politicizing it:

Vaccine hesitancy morphs into hostility, as opposition to shots hardens

"Appearing at CPAC, lawmakers like Reps. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) and Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) took aim at Biden’s push for “door-to-door” vaccine outreach, framing efforts to boost inoculations as a creeping menace from big government.

“We’re here to tell government, we don’t want your benefits, we don’t want your welfare, don’t come knocking on my door with your Fauci ouchie,” Boebert said, referring to Biden’s top medical adviser, Anthony S. Fauci, her voice rising as she paced the stage and shook her finger. “You leave us the hell alone!”

"On television and online, conservative media outlets are amplifying fears about the vaccine."

==========

Their anti-vaccine campaign will result in some deaths and they will have blood on their hands because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies