Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2021, 09:55 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,239,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yes, they can still spread it and that is my concern with children under 12. I think children who can't get the vaccine should wear masks in schools. I have no idea what the big deal is with this.
So, you do NOT understand that the virus that mutates in the vaccinated is resistant to the vaccine? That is actually how viruses survive. The virus that kills the host doesn't spread.

I live in a state that does not mandate masks therefore I will not wear one. I will wear one if I enter a business or domicile that requires it - without a fuss. So it's a much bigger deal to YOU as you are the one barking orders for everyone to wear a mask to "protect others", suggesting that those that don't should not go to the hospital. But it's not a big deal to me because my state does not have a mask mandate.

Sane people understand that they are responsible for their own health, finances... self, period. It is up to each individual to mitigate their own risks.

Old 07-16-2021, 09:56 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
So, you do NOT understand that the virus that mutates in the vaccinated is resistant to the vaccine? That is actually how viruses survive. The virus that kills the host doesn't spread.

I live in a state that does not mandate masks therefore I will not wear one. I will wear one if I enter a business or domicile that requires it - without a fuss. So it's a much bigger deal to YOU barking orders for everyone to wear one to "protect others", suggesting that those that don't should go to the hospital, but not to me.

Sane people understand that they are responsible for their own health, finances... self, period. It is up to each individual to mitigate their own risks.
You completely disregarded my concern for kids under 12

Old 07-16-2021, 09:56 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
You are wrong.

The covid vaccines do prevent infection, and they also reduce symptoms in that small number of cases where people contract the infection anyway.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ctiveness.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...w-vaccine.html

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/mo...SAAEgI1gvD_BwE

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00450-z

Just looking at your first link:
Quote:
  • All COVID-19 vaccines currently available in the United States are effective at preventing COVID-19 as seen in clinical trial settings. Covid19 is the disease caused by the Sars/Covid virus... so that is consistent with what I said, it reduces or eliminates symptoms
  • Research provides growing evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines offer similar protection in real world conditions. not very reassuring
  • COVID-19 vaccination is an important tool to help stop the COVID-19 pandemic. ok
  • COVID-19 vaccination helps protect people from getting sick or severely ill with COVID-19 and might also help protect people around them. Wow... I wish I would have said that... Oh wait.
  • To receive the most protection, people should receive all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
  • Some people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will still get sick because no vaccine is 100% effective. Experts continue to monitor and evaluate how often this occurs, how severe their illness is, and how likely a vaccinated person is to spread COVID-19 to others. I hope they get back to us on this.
  • CDC recommends you get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as one is available to you. Yeah ok.

So, I am wrong? Your first source seems to agree with me. I'll look at the others when I can get to them. You really ought to review your "proof" before you post it.

Old 07-16-2021, 09:59 PM

Quote:
You completely disregarded my concern for kids under 12
You are very astute. If you are the parent of a 12-year-old, YOUR 12-year-old's safety is your responsibility, not mine.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
You have it wrong.

The vaccines reduce the chance of infection, reduce the chance of serious disease and deaths. Reduced cases means the virus is better contained with less spread. Less spread means less active virus running around, and that means less chance of mutations and then variants.

It is not all all or none thing, but is very efficient with mitigation. It is much more likely that a vaccinated person if infected, will be a mild case.

You said it yourself, reduced chance. Less spread, less active, less chance. Not NO chance or spread. Not NO chance of mutations and variants. Remember, it only takes one.

Your second paragraph is in agreement with what I said so, I won't go there.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:08 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
You are very astute. If you are the parent of a 12-year-old, YOUR 12-year-old's safety is your responsibility, not mine.
Wow. This is the difference between republicans and democrats. Republicans only care about themselves and to hell with everyone else.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Wow. This is the difference between republicans and democrats. Republicans only care about themselves and to hell with everyone else.

Have you read all the posts from democrats wishing the unvaccinated republicans would just hurry up and die?

Old 07-16-2021, 10:16 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,659,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Have you read all the posts from democrats wishing the unvaccinated republicans would just hurry up and die?

Most don't say that...needless unvaccinated hospitalizations/deaths need to be stopped regardless of political beliefs!

Meanwhile...Over 99% of all US covid hospitalizations/deaths due to the unvaccinated

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...vailable-data/

Old 07-16-2021, 10:16 PM

1,081 posts, read 549,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Just looking at your first link:
So, I am wrong? Your first source seems to agree with me. I'll look at the others when I can get to them. You really ought to review your "proof" before you post it.
The nature article is pure conjecture. "Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, maybe we need more information?"

The gavi link covers further transmission, not infection.
However, it asked a question that was recently answered:
"Reducing the risk of transmitting the coronavirus relies on developing strong immunity against the virus. But immunity, even from the vaccines, fades over time. Scientists are actively monitoring people who’ve had COVID-19 vaccines to understand how long vaccine immunity is likely to last, and if and when booster shots will be required."
Israel's health department posted information that appears to show that, after six months, vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are equally likely to be infected (it does still reduce chance of hospitalization.)

The Canada link is limited in data. It reads more like an encouragement to get a vaccine than a source of information.

None of it covers the thread topic: How do we end COVID19?

You still get infected (vaccinated or not.) The vaccine preps your body to fight it off once infected. The vaccines won't "end" COVID19.
Vaccination just means you have to worry a little less about the hospital bills (and possible death) from COVID19.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
The problem is that most Democrats are unwilling to take responsibility for themselves, expecting everyone else to do it for them.

I’m a registered Independent, btw. But don’t let that stop you from playing politics with a pandemic. I’m sure that helps bridge the vaccination gap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies