Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2021, 05:23 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,888,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
You might want to also consider the role of ego (and profit) when considering the origins of this virus - it might have been a matter of fixing the unbroken..... white coated heroes etc.

No need to discuss the "side effect" implication of this.
The side effect is important because the Covid "No big deal" crowd only counts direct deaths.

Old 07-17-2021, 06:10 PM

801 posts, read 453,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
The same way we ended The Spanish Flu. And a vaccine had nothing to do with it.

Our past will give you insight into the future.
Do you know how many died during the Spanish Flu? Is that what you would have today? That many people dying before it ends?
If the people during the Spanish flu had the vaccines we had today millions and millions of people would have been saved.

To be against vaccines is just anti-science, and yes, ignorant. Ignorant of science and scientific progress regarding vaccines. The RNA vaccine is a miraculous technology. And it's WORKING.

I cannot for the life of me understand how people are so afraid of it. But then again, I can't understand why many (most?) of the same people want a fascist, unintelligent, immoral, cheating grifter racist as a President... So it's pretty much impossible to understand people who won't help END a pandemic by taking a proven safe vaccine.

But the experts are saying that 90-95% of all those who are dying now are people who are unvaccinated. So... So be it. Que sera' sera'.

Old 07-17-2021, 06:23 PM

801 posts, read 453,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Freedom.

Let people decide how to handle it. If you want to lock yourself down - go ahead. If you don't - then get out there and live your life.

Stop the nanny state.
Hitler would have loved your line of thinking:
Don't make anyone do anything they don't want to do. Individual liberty is all that matters! No nationalism, no humanism, just me me me and MY liberty, MY life, MY decisions!

So what if everyone in WWII had said, "I don't want to go to war to end Nazism, I'll just stay home and live my life! No nanny state for me! How dare they insist I go fight Nazism!"

This pandemic is the enemy of the world, much like Hitler was.

But today people don't even have to go to war, sleep in frozen foxholes, be shot at, watch their friends get blown apart by bombs and grenades... ALL THEY EFFIN HAVE TO DO IS WEAR A G*DD**N mask and social distance and now, take a vaccine that has been proven safe and effective! (Do you know anyone who's died from the vaccine? Yet how many have died from Covid? Stats show dying from the vaccine is less likely than being struck by lightning!!!)

So okay, let the pandemic turn into an epidemic.... Let tens of millions more die instead of the 4 million who have died as it stands now...

Just because YOU are afraid of a vaccine, because YOU refuse to be told what to do, because YOU are selfish and don't care (or don't believe) about the science that says this is the way to end this war.

So you people who won't vaccinate are the friends of the enemy (Covid coronavirus). Friends of it because you are helping it spread and mutate. That's scientific FACT.

The only good news is that those of us who have vaccinated stand far less chance (though not zero unfortunately) of dying from Covid.

The rest of you, you have decided to take your chances. Good luck with that! (which is a way of saying, I wouldn't want to be you).

Old 07-17-2021, 06:32 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,982,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I'm sure against closing down businesses again. Let the people who still think COVID-19 is a nothingburger and wearing masks is a joke have the burden in proving to us that they're right. I don't care how sick they get as a result. Everybody else should still have the right to protect themselves from the virus by wearing masks for starters.'

But then I'll admit I kinda feel sorry for this gravely ill guy in his 20s who wishes he got vaccinated:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp
I don't feel bad for him or anyone like him. In fact, I hope he has outrageous medical bills for the double lung transplant. You are free to live your life as you choose, but you will pay the consequences of your actions.

Old 07-17-2021, 06:33 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,210,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
You are too funny. Do you even realize he number of people who were infected and recovered?
Have a clue how many are long covid right now in USA? - millions ! Perhaps they will die, perhaps they won't perhaps the survivors will never fully recover
Quote:
Or realize the percentage of people who die after being infected? Sorry to ruin your fantasies, but the “anti-vaxxers” (ridiculous use of that term in this case) aren’t all going to die, lol.
Unless you realize that those showing up in hospitals and dying now are almost entirely the nonvaxed. How can this be?

Old 07-17-2021, 07:43 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
those showing up in hospitals and dying now are almost entirely the nonvaxed. How can this be?
How old were they? What other medical conditions did they have? Many at risk people die from flu every year, too. From what I've heard, it's the same group of people at risk. Elderly, obese, diabetics, heart disease, high blood pressure. You can't change your age but the other conditions are related to lifestyle. Choices have consequences.

Will the corrupt medical and political systems go down the same road they did before? Quickly putting patients on ventilators so they die and pad the statistics? Too many scary stories about patients' families having to get court orders to prevent them from pulling the plug, and ordering docs to prescribe ivermectin or budesonide. People at death's door recover in a matter of days with these therapeutics.

Can we trust the media to report the truth or make up stories to support the official story. We need whistleblowers to come forward. I predict many will now, as they are sick of this movie.

Old 07-17-2021, 07:51 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Choices have consequences as stated by ManApplet!

Old 07-18-2021, 02:21 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Choices have consequences as stated by ManApplet!
Indeed.

Just read of a middle-aged man who called the vaccines "poison." He died after spending more than two weeks on a ventilator.

The "argument" that only the old and sick or dying is ridiculous. Plenty of people, including healthcare professionals who presumably are not old and sick, have died.

It's the unvaccinated who are dying now.

Old 07-18-2021, 02:25 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Strange that those who don't trust medical science enough to get vaccinated, seem to trust medical science enough to show up at a hospital when they get sick.

They claim it is no worse than the flu. Why they don't just tough it out at home?

Old 07-18-2021, 05:27 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
This classic American braggadocious egotistical "tough guy" attitude is why thousands more will continue to die of this virus and as a side effect.
That's their choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies