Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2021, 11:33 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I just checked, and Trump is no longer president. This is Biden's failure.
LOL

Weren't you people claiming that Trump should get credit for the vaccine? LOL ... yet you people are the same ones who advocate NOT taking it ... Trump knows vaccines work, and he took it ... secretly ... so as not to burst your bubbles ~

The multi-layered hypocrisy is actually funny.

Anyway, vaccines work, and if the virus evolves then we can work on new variants of the vaccine. It's not Biden's fault if you people don't want to take it. Stupid is as stupid does ...

Old 07-18-2021, 11:35 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
And then quite possibly civilisation will collapse from a true engineered super virus - ain't it great being so intelligent?

I don't care about the virus, or the vaccine - best to do nothing, and hopefully learn from the experience.
i agree on the possibilities of a pathogen. And I think we are now assured of defeat based on our response to the Pandemic. But I would never trust our enemies to comply. I wouldn't trust our gov't to comply.

Old 07-18-2021, 12:24 PM

30,174 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
And then what do you/we do?
For all of time there have been and will be organizations or states of one type or another secretly experimenting with pathogens for all sorts of reasons, good and bad.

After living through this whole pandemic that seems to have no end in sight. I strongly believe that the end of humanity will happen because of some virus released for malicious reasons or by accident and it will be impossible to stop. When? Perhaps long past our lifetimes or perhaps much sooner. Perhaps its happening now. I have no clue.

Perhaps the thread title should be "How will covid end us?"

Old 07-18-2021, 12:36 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,691,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
i agree on the possibilities of a pathogen. And I think we are now assured of defeat based on our response to the Pandemic. But I would never trust our enemies to comply. I wouldn't trust our gov't to comply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
After living through this whole pandemic that seems to have no end in sight. I strongly believe that the end of humanity will happen because of some virus released for malicious reasons or by accident and it will be impossible to stop. When? Perhaps long past our lifetimes or perhaps much sooner. Perhaps its happening now. I have no clue.

Perhaps the thread title should be "How will covid end us?"
Yes, this is the big picture, but human nature will confine us to the small picture debates.

Old 07-18-2021, 12:44 PM

9,519 posts, read 4,348,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post
You obviously don’t know science is 24/7 like taking a simple breath. It’s biological science. Everyone’s already tried it, next tip………….
OK, you got me. Clearly, I shouldn't believe the vast majority of actual scientists, the CDC and WHO, but instead some yahoo on the internet. Also, news flash: People breath all of the time while wearing a mask. Everyone's doing it. Next tip.

Old 07-18-2021, 12:55 PM

30,174 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Yes, this is the big picture, but human nature will confine us to the small picture debates.

You have people on here debating politics on either side like its the end of the world. Others are frantically looking to buy an overpriced home to be locked into paying for the next 30 or 40 years. Like its just a normal time to do that. Meanwhile this virus is not going away and keeps marching forward. I was kind of at ease for the first time in over a year when the mask mandates went away. Now I am more concerned than I was 6 months or a year ago.

Old 07-18-2021, 12:58 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,821,720 times
We have co evolved with viruses. Viruses are here to stay, just like us. The only way a virus ends is when ALL the hosts are gone. Therefore in the scheme of things, viruses get less virulent over time and more contagious.

It's important to know the science and where to find the most recent research. This site updates regularly and has an excellent search engine.https://www.sciencemag.org/collectio...intcmp=ghd_cov

Old 07-18-2021, 01:03 PM

6,348 posts, read 2,903,321 times
Russian flu killed a million people between 1889 and 1894. Now if only gives people the common cold. Because after it spread around the world and killed the vulnerable the people left were the ones with immunity that they spread to their offspring.

Old 07-18-2021, 01:12 PM

1,111 posts, read 748,147 times
IVERMECTIN, It's all anyone needs against covid! Look it up!

Old 07-18-2021, 01:15 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I try to boost my immune system, a doctor told me to take vitamin C D and zinc, which I do, I don go near people and even before, I always washed my hands.
I did all that and worked until my grand passed it to from her mom. Three people sick in our house. Now my son in Miami thinks has it and getting tested at 3.pm. It gone wild and I was very careful as just had surgery. What can I say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies