Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 06:18 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,714,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Been seeing old video of Biden being blatantly clear that he was not going to end the war on drugs and is against Marijuana, so how did he still end up winning the primary against true progressives like Sanders or Yang?????I thought democrats were all for legalizing marijuana, so why put this old fart into the primaries????

::shrug:: I'm for marijuana legalization (and live in state that legalized it years ago), but it wouldn't be the 'make or break' issue for me in choosing a candidate. If I used MJ myself, maybe it'd be a higher priority for me. There's probably a lot of Democrats who think that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 06:34 PM

768 posts, read 299,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Because he’s an old white middle of the road name brand and former Veep establishment corporate Democrat. That’s how.

I voted for the most liberal guy in the primary…Andy Yang, although I could’ve just as easily voted for Bernie. Maybe I just wanted to vote for an Asian American…I don’t know. But I knew all along that Biden was gonna be the victor.

I’m not enthusiastic about Biden at all, and I don’t care about what he does. I’m checking out until 2024. I just wanted Trump gone. Mission Accomplished. Everything after that is just icing on the cake.

Pretty much this. I would have preferred mayor Pete, but by far Biden was the safest choice. An old white dude appeals to moderates the best. Sadly even in 2020 if your nominee is gay, a woman and or a minority that is too risky especially when you had such an important election. If the Republican nominee was someone sane like John Kasich I may have just have stayed home last election instead of voting for Biden.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:36 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I'm in favor of legalizing marijuana, but it's hardly the number 1 issue on my list. It's not number 2 through 10 either. I voted for Pete Buttigieg because he's young and energetic (I'm weary of old, old white men on BOTH sides); he's scary intelligent; he's a moderate, and most importantly, he served our country in Iraq.

Had the Dems given Buttigieg the nomination, he'd have made mincemeat of cadet Bonespurs and he would have gotten even more votes than Biden did.
Apparently Pete Buttigieg is against legalizing Marijuana as well.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:41 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The 2020 election is about erasing the mistake of Trump and reinstalling the Obama administration.

Biden won because he is the closest thing to one of the best presidents ever. If Michelle had run she'd be president right now.

This is why none of the lies about Biden ever stuck - the election wasn't about him. The right-wingers never understood this key fact and kept attacking the wrong person (and I don't mean Hunter). They should have attacked Obama in 2020. They never did and they lost.

So you vote for the guy that wants to use covid to shut down businesses but leave the border wide open! He also has closed door meetings with Putin and is son is conveniently given a job overseeing a pipeline in Russia/Ukraine. Now he wants to force people to get a BS vaccine and is demanding FB to shut down all conservative sites. I think you are one of those people who are being loaded into the box cars and still not see what is going on.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:43 PM

7,096 posts, read 4,526,537 times
Some of the candidates were way too liberal for me. I also wanted to vote for the person most likely to beat the orange moron. That’s Biden.

Old 07-19-2021, 07:17 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
As I read this thread ,I know who's stupid and who is brainwashed. And there are no surprises.

Old 07-19-2021, 07:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Democrats, Why Did You Vote For Biden In The Primaries?
They didn't. Bernie won the rigged Primaries, just like he did in 2016.
Bernie is not "the chosen one" material.

Old 07-19-2021, 07:45 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Not that it's any of your business, but I voted for Mayor Pete. It was a tossup between him and Amy Klobuchar.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:14 PM

306 posts, read 203,262 times
I was a Yang fan, I've never really liked Biden, but out of pragmatism it was whoever was most likely to win. I'm more of a centrist. I believe in capitalism, dislike 'the squad' and the direction of the democrat party, but the GOP are basically unrecoverable at this point.

Seeing that trust fund child spending 4 years turning this country into an international laughing stock means I would have voted for literally a random person off the street if he had a chance of winning. I thought this country couldn't sink any lower than Palin, but somehow she seems like Einstein compared to that absolute gibbering moron, and now we have people like Gaetz, Taylor-Greene, and that absolute simpleton from Colorado as the new 'faces' of the GOP. Biden could be on his death-bed eating his meals through a straw, and I'd still favor him over any of the new breed of GOP traitors.

Trump supporters and the modern GOP despise this country and what it stands for. As bad as the dems are, I at least think they still believe in the concept of democracy and objective truth.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
Pretty much this. I would have preferred mayor Pete, but by far Biden was the safest choice. An old white dude appeals to moderates the best. Sadly even in 2020 if your nominee is gay, a woman and or a minority that is too risky especially when you had such an important election. If the Republican nominee was someone sane like John Kasich I may have just have stayed home last election instead of voting for Biden.
Bingo. Spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies