Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 05:38 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,821,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There are no countries in Europe that are 99% vaccinated, not even close. Why do you constantly post such garbage?

https://www.euronews.com/2021/07/12/...eading-the-way
Because no one stops him from doing so..they are fine with spreading disinformation here. Can they be held responsible like other social media sites?

Old 07-20-2021, 05:38 AM

5,777 posts, read 11,436,091 times
Here in Chemnitz, Germany (population about 250K), roughly half the population is fully vaccinated (two doses of Moderna, Pfeizer or Astra-Zeneca). Some age groups are much higher, such as over 65 (including me). I got my second jab at the city-run vaccination clinic about 3 weeks ago, and have a European Union "CovPass" app on my cell phone that certifies I am vaccinated - a digital vaccine passport.

Last Friday, mask requirements for indoor shopping were lifted. Restaurants, pubs and cafes are open with indoor and outdoor dining, although it looks like they are keeping people seated a bit further apart than before Covid. Masks are required on public transit and trains, and likely will be for a long time in the future. I still wear a mask when shopping at a store.

The good news here is the city has gone 6 days in a row with no new Covid cases. The entire surrounding region and state of Saxony are also recording similar statistics. The weekly infection rate per 100,000 residents stands at less than 1.

Three months ago, things were a lot different here. The covid infection rate was about 300 cases per 100,000 per week. The percentage of people fully vaccinated at that time was less than 15 percent. I am not an expert, but even I can see that the increase in vaccination rate (from under 15 to over 50 percent) has happened while the infection rate has dropped. I am relieved to be living somewhere with such a low rate of Covid infections.

Old 07-20-2021, 05:42 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,273,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
Here in Chemnitz, Germany (population about 250K), roughly half the population is fully vaccinated (two doses of Moderna, Pfeizer or Astra-Zeneca). Some age groups are much higher, such as over 65 (including me). I got my second jab at the city-run vaccination clinic about 3 weeks ago, and have a European Union "CovPass" app on my cell phone that certifies I am vaccinated - a digital vaccine passport.

Last Friday, mask requirements for indoor shopping were lifted. Restaurants, pubs and cafes are open with indoor and outdoor dining, although it looks like they are keeping people seated a bit further apart than before Covid. Masks are required on public transit and trains, and likely will be for a long time in the future. I still wear a mask when shopping at a store.

The good news here is the city has gone 6 days in a row with no new Covid cases. The entire surrounding region and state of Saxony are also recording similar statistics. The weekly infection rate per 100,000 residents stands at less than 1.

Three months ago, things were a lot different here. The covid infection rate was about 300 cases per 100,000 per week. The percentage of people fully vaccinated at that time was less than 15 percent. I am not an expert, but even I can see that the increase in vaccination rate (from under 15 to over 50 percent) has happened while the infection rate has dropped. I am relieved to be living somewhere with such a low rate of Covid infections.
I sincerely hope that doesn't change the situation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies