Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2021, 10:46 PM

13,487 posts, read 4,307,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yes, sorry. Some want kids to be born, even when women can't afford them and have to go on welfare. And then they complain about those on welfare. You can't have it both ways.

I don't see the connection. People go after the management of welfare and the results. If your thinking is lets kill to save money or people in the family no longer wants responsibility then let's do it for the sick, elderly and handicapped. Why be selective?

Just because I complain how the government manages revenues and their results doesn't mean I don't care about the mother or kids on it. We just have a different opinion how to get people off poverty and without responsibility nobody is going to get out of poverty. Doesn't matter how much money you throw at the problem or how many abortions you have.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:39 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,659,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
There are 1,671 abortion providers in the U.S., California and New York alone has 730. Taxpayers subsidize roughly 24% of all abortion costs in the U.S. This is equivalent to taxpayers paying the full cost of 250,000 abortions/year, with 70,000 paid by federal taxpayers, 180,000 financed by state taxpayers. I say business is doing good.

Not only you want abortions on demand but want the taxpayers to pay for it and then you want me to drop dead if I say NO? These women like the word death a lot.
I'm sorry if you find it absolutely impossible to appreciate the fact that the abortion rate is not what it used to be. Who knows how many more thousands of unborn babies would have never seen the light today, if the abortion rate was still the same or higher than it was in 1980?

I'm not the one who wants abortion on demand. It doesn't concern me as much as the pregnant women who choose to exercise their legal right to get abortions. Who am I to tell them that there is no way they should do that? Wouldn't you just love to see me get slapped in the face if told them that?

As for taxpayers paying for abortion, I don't live in a state that pays for abortions on demand. If the taxpayers in the other states pay for abortions and aren't against it, then you can't help it.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 12-17-2021 at 11:58 PM..

Old 12-17-2021, 11:49 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,966,396 times
Quote:
There are 1,671 abortion providers in the U.S., California and New York alone has 730. Taxpayers subsidize roughly 24% of all abortion costs in the U.S. This is equivalent to taxpayers paying the full cost of 250,000 abortions/year, with 70,000 paid by federal taxpayers, 180,000 financed by state taxpayers. I say business is doing good.

Not only you want abortions on demand but want the taxpayers to pay for it and then you want me to drop dead if I say NO? These women like the word death a lot.
Where are you seeing federal payments for abortion? The Hyde amendment makes that illegal.

In fact, it would be interesting to see your source for all the numbers you listed. Thanks.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I'm sorry if you find it absolutely impossible to appreciate the fact that the abortion rate is not there what it used to be.

I'm not the one who wants abortion on demand. It doesn't concern me as much as the pregnant women who choose to exercise their legal right to get abortions. Who am I to tell them that there is no way they should do that? Wouldn't you just love to see me get slapped in the face if told them that?

As for taxpayers paying for abortion, I don't live in a state that pays for abortions on demand.

The state are not required to report abortions performed to any government or organization. Your numbers are incomplete.. So I find it hard to believe that the abortion rate has gone down. Just follow the money and the subsidies. It tells you the whole picture that you are in denial.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...h=79bfeeb06a4b

That's your opinion that is a right and you want to ignore. I'm not going to debate your opinion.

Old 12-18-2021, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Where are you seeing federal payments for abortion? The Hyde amendment makes that illegal.

In fact, it would be interesting to see your source for all the numbers you listed. Thanks.

I hope you read in details. That would answer your question.

Old 12-18-2021, 12:18 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,659,217 times
Quote:
The state are not required to report abortions performed to any government or organization. Your numbers are incomplete.. So I find it hard to believe that the abortion rate has gone down. Just follow the money and the subsidies. It tells you the whole picture that you are in denial.

That's your opinion that is a right and you want to ignore. I'm not going to debate your opinion.
Like it or not, the Guttmacher Institute, which supports abortion rights, finds that the overall number of abortions have been dropping for a long time. So, it's not my personal opinion or am I in denial about anything. I think you'll find most anti-abortion groups are happy with that finding. They are more concerned about the increasing numbers of women using self-directed drug induced abortions. But they are only asking for that to spike up if abortion is banned

You want to ban most abortion, and then we won't know for sure if the rate of abortion is still dropping or headed up.

Old 12-18-2021, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Like it or not, the Guttmacher Institute, which supports abortion rights, finds that the overall number of abortions have been dropping for a long time. So, it's not my personal opinion or am I in denial about anything. I think you'll find most anti-abortion groups are happy with that finding. They are more concerned about the increasing numbers of women using self-directed drug induced abortions. But they are only asking for that to spike up if abortion is banned

You want to ban most abortion, and then we won't know for sure if the rate of abortion is still dropping or headed up.

So what is the method the Guttmacher Institute uses to count abortions since you want to ignore revenues and subsidies that goes higher? That's like asking immigrants to volunteer to tell the government in a survey that they entered illegal to the country while revenues and subsidies goes up in sanctuary cities. You understand that volunteering information in a survey is not complete, right?

This is what they put in small printing in their own website:

Method: We obtained abortion and fetal loss data from the 2006–2015 National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG), annual counts of births from US vital statistics, and external abortion counts from the Guttmacher Institute. We estimated the completeness of abortion reporting in the NSFG as compared to the external counts, the proportion of pregnancies resolving in abortion, and the proportion of pregnancies missing in the NSFG due to missing abortions. Each measure was examined overall and by age, race/ethnicity, union status, and survey period.

You must be a fool to think you get accurate numbers on a survey done by a pro abortion institute by ignoring actual revenues and subsidies (they have gone up not down). . The definition of a survey is: to ask (many people) a question or a series of questions in order to gather information about what most people do or think about something. The reliability of survey data may depend on the following factors: Respondents may not feel encouraged to provide accurate, honest answers. Respondents may not be fully aware of their reasons for any given answer because of lack of memory on the subject, or even boredom.

Not ban abortions. That is not going to happen but you cut the government subsidies and loopholes would be a start for me.

Old 12-18-2021, 06:30 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,888,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The why wouldn't those do everything possible to avoid pregnancy?

Doesn't that just *make common sense*?????

Refer to InformedConsent's post for the statistics on the percent of abortions performed on women who knowingly did NOT use birth control and/or used it incorrectly.

It's not hard to not get pregnant. Billions of women do it every year.

PS. There is always adoption. No one is forcing ANYONE to raise kids.
Correct. 30 million US women of childbearing age are able to avoid pregnancy each year by either they or their partners using birth control correctly each and every time. If 30 million can do it, so can the rest, especially when there are 4,000+ taxpayer-funded Title X Family Planning Clinics located throughout the US providing FREE birth control to anyone who needs it.

Old 12-18-2021, 07:37 AM

18,404 posts, read 19,040,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Correct. 30 million US women of childbearing age are able to avoid pregnancy each year by either they or their partners using birth control correctly each and every time. If 30 million can do it, so can the rest, especially when there are 4,000+ taxpayer-funded Title X Family Planning Clinics located throughout the US providing FREE birth control to anyone who needs it.
There will always be a segment of population that does things wrong or irresponsible. How to make a drunk stop drinking? How to make everyone including men use birth control? Saying what people should do, won’t solve the problem especially with teenagers. Appropriate age sex education would help but many parents don’t want their kids taught sex Ed at school. Nor do they approve of free condoms at school, some parents feel this is encouraging kids to have sex. You can’t have it both ways. No comprehensive sex Ed, condoms, sex, or abortion.

Old 12-18-2021, 07:43 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,888,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
There will always be a segment of population that does things wrong or irresponsible. How to make a drunk stop drinking? How to make everyone including men use birth control? Saying what people should do, won’t solve the problem especially with teenagers. Appropriate age sex education would help but many parents don’t want their kids taught sex Ed at school. Nor do they approve of free condoms at school, some parents feel this is encouraging kids to have sex. You can’t have it both ways. No comprehensive sex Ed, condoms, sex, or abortion.
Since when have we legalized drunk driving and as a result, killing others? Etc... Likewise, killing an unborn child for the sake of one's own convenience after one has FAILED to use birth control at all or used it incorrectly/inconsistently should also be illegal. Why do the drunk drivers have to live with the consequences of their deliberate choice to get behind the wheel, but women who become pregnant via the exact same flawed and irresponsible decision-making process don't? That's 100% illogical AND depravedly hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies