Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2021, 06:12 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Have any judges sentenced a woman or her doctor to prison for killing a human life as the result of an abortion?

Thought not. Because they are not the same.
Is the baby somehow less dead in one of these scenarios?

Asking for a friend.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:13 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,884,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why does is all fall on women. Are men not responsible, as well, for getting them pregnant. They get them pregnant and just move on with their life with no responsibility or consequences for it and just go on to have sex with others.
Men certainly can and are held responsible for child support in family court which includes mandatory payments made through the court and garnishment of wages if necessary.

But let's be honest...some women are baby factories and have multiple children all by different fathers so they can milk government handouts and not have to work. In many cases they could care less about the children and just want the free government money for themselves to get more tattoos or feed a drug habit.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:16 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
What don’t you get about my position on not telling a woman how to live her own life. My personal wishes have nothing to do with how others live their lives. Not my place to tell others to use bc, personally as stated before bc should be used. Same with abortion if it isn’t my pregnancy I have no business sticking of mine what choice a woman makes. Pro choice means supporting all choice. There are 3 birth, adoption, abortion. I support her choice no matter which she chooses.
Women do in fact choose to kill others. That's a CHOICE they make on how to live their own lives. They get prosecuted and sent to prison for doing so. Should women be let off the hook for those killings, too, based on your absurd "theory" that killing others is OK because that's how they chose to live their lives?

Old 12-17-2021, 06:17 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Is the baby somehow less dead in one of these scenarios?

Asking for a friend.
You are avoiding answering the question. The comparison is between fetal homicide and abortion.

Question:
Have any judges sentenced a woman or her doctor to prison for killing a human life as the result of an abortion?

Old 12-17-2021, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Men certainly can and are held responsible for child support in family court which includes mandatory payments made through the court and garnishment of wages if necessary.

But let's be honest...some women are baby factories and have multiple children all by different fathers so they can milk government handouts and not have to work. In many cases they could care less about the children and just want the free government money for themselves to get more tattoos or feed a drug habit.
'It's all the mens fault' is another distractor argument.

If a man is a deadbeat, why is the woman having unprotected sex with him? Why isn't she demanding he wear a condom and if he refuses ... walk away?

Would you loan a thief money? Of course not. And everyone would, say, well there you go. You got burned. We all knew it would happen.

But have sex indiscriminately with deadbeats without birth control and somehow it's the man's fault you got pregnant. Reminder: There are no virgin births.

Choose your sex partners wisely. Be responsible.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:20 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
I get what you are telling me regarding your opinion on abortion.

I think it's the tone of the posts. The absolute lack of humanity. No care at all. As if trying to prevent loss of life is somehow an idiotic and foolish endeavor. As if responsibility isn't important.

As if life truly does not matter. At all.
And that, essentially, is the gist of it. They absolutely lack humanity, and truly believe life doesn't matter at all. We know how that mindset plays out. We see it every day in the senseless inner-city killings. The inner-city killers have the exact same mindset: life does not matter at all. It's no big deal to shoot into a crowd and kill innocent bystanders, many of which have been young children. Now you know how that depravity comes about...

Old 12-17-2021, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You are avoiding answering the question. The comparison is between fetal homicide and abortion.

Question:

The comparison is: Is the baby any less dead because of what the law says?

Nope. Dead baby. If you kill a baby, he or she will be dead.

I mean ... you DO realize that, right?

Old 12-17-2021, 06:22 AM

Quote:
The comparison is: Is the baby any less dead because of what the law says?

Nope. Dead baby. If you kill a baby, he or she will be dead.

I mean ... you DO realize that, right?
Still avoiding the question.

Old 12-17-2021, 06:22 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post

In answer to that poster it is the woman who gets pregnant not the man so if she doesn't want to get pregnant then why does she have sex without protecting herself with birth control or insisting that her male partner does? These pro-abortionists never answer those questions. Why is that?

Old 12-17-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
In answer to that poster it is the woman who gets pregnant not the man so if she doesn't want to get pregnant then why does she have sex without protecting herself with birth control or insisting that her male partner does? These pro-abortionists never answer those questions. Why is that?
Why is that? Because most of us do not believe in peeping into other people's bedrooms. Also, there is no way to legislate that a person be "responsible" 100% of the time throughout all of their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies