Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2021, 09:26 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Link?
Just a few pages back, post #554.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Most men here talk about how an unwanted pregnancy affects you. Your wallet, the economy crime, homelessness and social problems. This is about the mom - and nothing else. When that decision is made - it’s about where mom finds herself. Why men should have zero say. I don’t like abortions, but understand where the woman finds herself, why I’m pro choice. If moms had the support, acceptance, and love etc., there be less abortions.

Old 12-02-2021, 09:27 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
The pro abortion folks dreaded this case as they know the Constitution did not comment in any way, shape, or form on the issue of abortion.

I do not expect a full Roe overturn, but I do think the decisions on the issue will return to local control. I also think Federally mandated viability tests will end, as they should, since medical breakthroughs will keep changing that, no doubt.

Wednesday was superb, as tons of questions were asked, in terms of questioning why the feds stepped into a local rights issue in the first place, and whether or not it should stay in the decision-making process.

Old 12-02-2021, 09:31 PM

32,073 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
What is the problem exactly with putting the responsibility on the woman for her reproductive health? Maybe some women prefer the pill or an IUD or goodness knows what. Maybe some women want to get their tubes tied. I thought you were in favor of women being in charge of their bodies?

There’s a lot a woman should do to protect her health once she becomes sexually active, and much of it isn’t pleasant. It’s not like a man can go get a Pap smear for the woman.
I am. But now with the supreme court's decision, they may not be in charge of their own bodies. And what does this have to do with getting a pap smear which is not a big deal.

Old 12-02-2021, 09:31 PM

1,323 posts, read 589,141 times
Quote:
Just a few pages back:

You wrote PP - but this is from another poster.

Regardless, there's truth to it. And just because you're married doesn't mean you have love and support. Lots of married women are raped by their husbands and have children when they don't want to. Other married women have love and support, but health or finances dictates the choice to abort.

Old 12-02-2021, 09:37 PM

Quote:
You wrote PP - but this is from another poster.
PP means “previous poster”, like OP means “original poster.”

Old 12-02-2021, 09:40 PM

Quote:
PP means “previous poster”, like OP means “original poster.”

I read it as Planned Parenthood.

Anyway, married or single, having support is a factor, but may not override other circumstances.

Old 12-02-2021, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I read it as Planned Parenthood.

Anyway, married or single, having support is a factor, but may not override other circumstances.
Respectfully I don’t want to go back and forth with you. I don’t know what your personal circumstances are or were. I have a hard time believing that “lots of husbands” rape their wives because I don’t believe that most men are rapists. I have a hard time believing that a woman in the US can’t get access to reliable and cheap birth control. (And yes I know it isn’t 100%). The women I know who chose abortions were not in that situation, but again, I do not want to offend you.

Old 12-02-2021, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Respectfully I don’t want to go back and forth with you. I don’t know what your personal circumstances are or were. I have a hard time believing that “lots of husbands” rape their wives because I don’t believe that most men are rapists. I have a hard time believing that a woman in the US can’t get access to reliable and cheap birth control. (And yes I know it isn’t 100%). The women I know who chose abortions were not in that situation, but again, I do not want to offend you.

On the bold - then why post on a forum? Just plant some signs with your position around town and call it a day.

Secondly.. this isn't about me and I don't get offended by strangers on the internet.

Fortunately, marital rape doesn't require your belief. Stats are easy to find. And I never wrote MOST men are rapists. But lots of men force sex on their wives, and it some cases, their religion demands it.

A woman can get access to birth control. Did I write otherwise? But if it fails or she didn't use it or didn't use properly is irrelevant. Abortion should be an available medical procedure for any woman who wants it for any reason she wants it. Period.

No need to reply...we're done here.

Old 12-02-2021, 10:21 PM

Quote:
On the bold - then why post on a forum? Just plant some signs with your position around town and call it a day.

Secondly.. this isn't about me and I don't get offended by strangers on the internet.

Fortunately, marital rape doesn't require your belief. Stats are easy to find. And I never wrote MOST men are rapists. But lots of men force sex on their wives, and it some cases, their religion demands it.

A woman can get access to birth control. Did I write otherwise? But if it fails or she didn't use it or didn't use properly is irrelevant. Abortion should be an available medical procedure for any woman who wants it for any reason she wants it. Period.

No need to reply...we're done here.

I have already stated my position several times, which is not as cut and dry as you assume. It’s not my fault if you didn’t read it.

I was trying to be kind as I don’t know what happened to you and why you made the decisions you did.

Abortion is available for any woman in this country. You have exactly what you want. But you cannot get everyone to think it’s the good, right or moral thing. And maybe that’s the problem.

Old 12-02-2021, 10:30 PM

32,073 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Mississippi is the poorest state in our country. Who do they except to pay for these kids. They certainly can't afford it. So I guess they expect the federal government to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies