Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2021, 01:52 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,460,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Immaterial to the issue of State's Rights. (Hogwash amendment, as bland as a Hallmark card)

The only issue at play will be whether SC simply rules in favor of the state, or formally invalidates Roe v Wade on top of that. I am confident the viability week federal standard they will revert to the states to decide upon.

States will properly then make their own decisions regarding regulating abortion mills.
Too funny a strict constructionist disregarding the text of the Constitution. Hypocrite much?

If the court had told TX to sit down and shut up because they plan to make it all a moot point, they would have much more respect for their honesty if not their ruling. Thinking they are going to get away with an effort to baffle people with 48 pages of BS is just BS.

There are no abortion mills.

But, doesnt matter. Women arent going to follow any silly laws the states or the cowardly Supremes who cant even enforce their own laws come up with. We know what our rights are.

Old 12-11-2021, 02:02 AM

34,112 posts, read 17,172,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post

But, doesnt matter. Women arent going to follow any silly laws the states or the cowardly Supremes who cant even enforce their own laws come up with. We know what our rights are.
That's nice, and I delighted SC will make it the decision of local government to deal with.

Need I remind you, you, not I, are the hot and bothered one here. I am 100% pleased with our superb 2021 SCOTUS, and its questions during Jackson v Mississippi.

We always have people who obey all laws, and lawbreakers. On every issue.

We also know PP and the like have whined like children over how few facilities perform abortions in many states.

Whether there are dozens or one or two per state, I am simply pleased at the wonderful SCOTUS we have now. Their processes work well for a Strict Constitutionalist like I.

Old 12-11-2021, 02:21 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,460,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
That's nice, and I delighted SC will make it the decision of local government to deal with.

Need I remind you, you, not I, are the hot and bothered one here. I am 100% pleased with our superb 2021 SCOTUS, and its questions during Jackson v Mississippi.

We always have people who obey all laws, and lawbreakers. On every issue.

We also know PP and the like have whined like children over how few facilities perform abortions in many states.

Whether there are dozens or one or two per state, I am simply pleased at the wonderful SCOTUS we have now. Their processes work well for a Strict Constitutionalist like I.
Broadcast your ignorance all you like.

You seem to think the vast majority of Americans view Strict Constitutionalism as some superior intellectual theory.

In reality, it is just the last dying gasp of white supremacist patriarchy and the handmaidens who for some mysterious reason cling to you.

Btw, I am not hot and bothered.

Cool, calm, collected..........writing checks as we speak.

Old 12-11-2021, 02:40 AM

34,112 posts, read 17,172,839 times
Like I said, I like the work of this SCOTUS, can't wait to see the decision in this case. I am unsure whether it will be 6-3 or 5-4, but confident the State will win, not Jackson.

Old 12-11-2021, 03:02 AM

89,291 posts, read 45,013,031 times
Quote:
Texas gives the Supremes the middle finger while blatantly acknowledging and crowing about the fact that's what they are doing.

Supremes shrug and whine to the women of America "we don't know nothing about birthing no babies."

Apparently, they have also forgotten the oath they took to uphold the Constitution and the laws of the land. Someone needs to start impeachment hearings for these clowns.

They better take their show back on the road telling us how they aren't political hacks, because they have just shown us that is exactly what they are. They have lost all credibility.
WTH are you talking about? They ARE upholding the Constitution. The Constitution gives STATES the jurisdiction and power to regulate Abortion. Article 1, Section 8 and the 10th Amendment.

Old 12-11-2021, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicdoug View Post
Oh yeah ONLY 32,000....
2/3 of that 32,000 are suicides, not killing another human.

Quote:
And abortion is a fetus, some 90% of them are a zygote, it is that early.
For the millionth time, fetal homicide laws have already established the legal precedent that an unborn child is a separate human life.

Old 12-11-2021, 03:10 AM

Quote:
It doesn't need to be. Women have known since the dawn of civilization that they have the essential liberty to control their own reproduction.
Well, if they actually did so, there would be no need for 700,000 abortions each year.

Old 12-11-2021, 03:14 AM

Quote:
9th amendment
The 9th has nothing to do with states' Constitutional rights.

Old 12-11-2021, 03:33 AM

11,126 posts, read 5,609,775 times
Quote:
Texas gives the Supremes the middle finger while blatantly acknowledging and crowing about the fact that's what they are doing.

Supremes shrug and whine to the women of America "we don't know nothing about birthing no babies."

Apparently, they have also forgotten the oath they took to uphold the Constitution and the laws of the land. Someone needs to start impeachment hearings for these clowns.

They better take their show back on the road telling us how they aren't political hacks, because they have just shown us that is exactly what they are. They have lost all credibility.

The Supreme Court, by casting aside their sworn duty to uphold the law and constitution for us all, are imperiling the freedoms of everyone. But it appears that the aggressive and vindictive conservatives that are cheering for their current decisions, do not seem to think that freedoms should exist for any other than those of their ilk. They are on a warpath to cause destruction of this country, not save it. Their hatefulness of those with other opinions will lead to the downfall of us all. It will be realized, perhaps too late, all the rancor and instability that the nation-wrecking Trump has brought down on us, just to serve his own pathetic little ego.

Old 12-11-2021, 03:38 AM

24,732 posts, read 9,533,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
The subject that never goes away
It’s low hanging fruit. Democrats are worried about CRT, confederate statues, and defunding the police, and they forgot how to maintain their voter base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies