Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2021, 10:40 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Just the facts. The Texas decision is perfectly consistent with Strict Constitutionalists' preference to grant more power to the states, and to limit federal government power.
States should have no authority over women's bodies. What exactly gives them that right.

Old 12-10-2021, 10:44 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
States should have no authority over women's bodies. What exactly gives them that right.
They have authority to set business regulations, which is all they do, btw. Some businesses happen to be abortion mills. Now Roe tried federalizing the rules via a bad interpretation of the Constitution, but be patient, and like Plessy, this bad ruling (Roe) will be corrected in about 6 or 7 months.

Old 12-10-2021, 10:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You are using the law as an absolute. By tying your allegiance to the law, you are tying your conscience to it also.

Suppose slavery is made legal again. You OK with that? What IF rape were made legal? Pretending it will never happen doesn't answer the questions of your conscience. Laws. Change.

You mentioned multiple times how fearful you are that Republicans will ban abortions. If that happens, will you *suddenly* agree with the law and be horrified at any woman who violates the law? Turn her in if she gets an illegal abortion? Demand she be tried for murder?

You cannot hide behind the law when deciding for yourself what you think is right or wrong. Not what the law is.

Because laws always change. Does your conscience change as well? Rhetorical questions.
Once again, I'm opposed to rape being made legal. Slavery, too. It's the utter height of ridiculousness to ask.

Listen to me right here and now newtovenice, are you actually so incredibly naive to be convinced enough that if all or most abortion is banned along with at least some forms of birth control as many anti-abortion people also want banned that the abortion rate will just still keep on falling, along with no women in big trouble from botched abortions, likely from many of them trying to do it yourself abortions?

The biggest reason why I'm against banning all or most abortions is I don't want to risk the abortion rate going up or putting the health of pregnant women in foolishly needless danger. I'm certainly not sure about you, but I know full well that I have a conscience about unborn babies and the health of women. Seriously, why support banning abortion and birth control while risking yet more unborn babies not ever being allowed to see the light of the world and put the lives of pregnant women in danger who don't want to go through a pregnancy?

Old 12-10-2021, 10:53 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
They have authority to set business regulations, which is all they do, btw. Some businesses happen to be abortion mills. Now Roe tried federalizing the rules via a bad interpretation of the Constitution, but be patient, and like Plessy, this bad ruling (Roe) will be corrected in about 6 or 7 months.
What businesses are abortion mills. And don't say planned parenthood because that wouldn't be true.

Old 12-10-2021, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What businesses are abortion mills. And don't say planned parenthood because that wouldn't be true.
Any that perform abortion, such as Planned Parenthood, are subject to the regulations on their businesses, set by the state, barring the SC saying it's a federal call, which is not going to occur anymore.

Old 12-10-2021, 11:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Abortion is all about killing others. 700,000 each year. In contrast, there are only 32,000 gun deaths each year, 2/3 of which are suicides, not killing others.
700,000 each year! So InformedConsent, would you very, very much love to try to hopefully reduce abortions very much by a law passed that would allow the death penalty or life in prison for women who get abortions? It would be very interesting to see how that would work to put a stop to abortions, don't you quite strongly think?

Old 12-11-2021, 12:13 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Texas gives the Supremes the middle finger while blatantly acknowledging and crowing about the fact that's what they are doing.

Supremes shrug and whine to the women of America "we don't know nothing about birthing no babies."

Apparently, they have also forgotten the oath they took to uphold the Constitution and the laws of the land. Someone needs to start impeachment hearings for these clowns.

They better take their show back on the road telling us how they aren't political hacks, because they have just shown us that is exactly what they are. They have lost all credibility.

Old 12-11-2021, 12:17 AM

Abortion is mentioned 0 times in the Constitution.

Old 12-11-2021, 12:21 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
Quote:
Abortion is mentioned 0 times in the Constitution.
To be fair, that isn't dispositive, Neither political contributions or the internet are either. One role of the Supreme Court is to interpret hoe the Constitution applies to particular situations because no document can enumerate everything.

Old 12-11-2021, 12:42 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,656 times
Can't wait until conservatives start adopting the 700,000 kids a year they claim they're saving. And keeping them off welfare of course. Can someone tell me what the conservative movement's plans are to take care of all of these additional children? Massive adoption? More orphanage funding? Boarding schools? I haven't heard one conservative proposal on what to do with all these additional kids that need food, nurture, education, entertainment, etc.

Can someone tell me what the conservative plans are again to take care of this massive additional amount of children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies