Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2021, 10:16 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Yes women can walk away from a pregnancy just like a man.
Men can't just walk away. Fathers are routinely saddled, legally with 18+ years of child support payments.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:19 AM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Men can't just walk away. Fathers are routinely saddled, legally with 18+ years of child support payments.
That’s the law and it doesn’t stop millions of men from walking away and never paying child support. It’s quite common.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
What if she was raped? Should she have to carry the baby to term at the risk of her life if she was raped?
Abortions due to rape are only 0.3% of all abortions. Less than 1/2 of 1%, and nearly all states make an exception for rape, even if their so-called trigger laws are ever implemented.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:25 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,754 times
Quote:
This is true. I have mixed feelings on this. I have known cases where the mother wants the child and the father doesn't. Personally, I think there should be a mechanism in the law for an unwilling father to get out of supporting the child. If we're going to give a woman the right to kill the baby, we should at least be willing to give men the right to walk away.

That being said, any guy that doesn't enthusiastically support their own child is garbage in my opinion.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Silly, silly! Don't you know that g0d doesn't WANT you to have sex without babies! /s

THAT'S what this is ALL about....those evil, sexy, slooty women...they actually ENJOY sex...just like the men.
Why can't they enjoy sex WHILE using birth control? 95% of all unintended pregnancies are are due to either the failure to use any birth control at all (54%), or the incorrect/inconsistent use of such (41%).

Easy way for women to determine their own destiny? Use birth control correctly each and every time. There are more than 4,000 taxpayer-funded Title X Family Planning Clinics that provide free birth control meds and devices to those who need it located throughout the country. There are only about 800 abortion clinics. And the abortions they provide aren't free. Taxpayers don't pay for them (Hyde Amendment). That cost is loaded onto the poor.

So... they can either get the free and much more easily accessible birth control and use it correctly each and every time, or they can try to access the FAR less numerous abortion clinics and try to find a way to pay for their abortion.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:32 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
This is true. I have mixed feelings on this. I have known cases where the mother wants the child and the father doesn't. Personally, I think there should be a mechanism in the law for an unwilling father to get out of supporting the child. If we're going to give a woman the right to kill the baby, we should at least be willing to give men the right to walk away.

That being said, any guy that doesn't enthusiastically support their own child is garbage in my opinion.
No state is ever going to allow men to walk away from child support because then if the mother can't support the child the state will have to.

Even in backwaters like MS and TX I imagine people don't want to be stepping over starving infants and children while they are out and about.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Abortions due to rape are only 0.3% of all abortions. Less than 1/2 of 1%, and nearly all states make an exception for rape, even if their so-called trigger laws are ever implemented.
The number is irrelevant to an essential liberty.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then why have abortion ban supporters been trying to get a right to life constitutional amendment passed for years? It would be far more effective for them than getting Roe vs Wade overturned.
Some have. Some haven't. It's not necessary. Fetal homicide laws already set the legal precedent that an unborn child is a separate human life.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Wrong. You fail US Constitution 101.
I am not wrong.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Why can't they enjoy sex WHILE using birth control? 95% of all unintended pregnancies are are due to either the failure to use any birth control at all (54%), or the incorrect/inconsistent use of such (41%).

Easy way for women to determine their own destiny? Use birth control correctly each and every time. There are more than 4,000 taxpayer-funded Title X Family Planning Clinics that provide free birth control meds and devices to those who need it located throughout the country. There are only about 800 abortion clinics. And the abortions they provide aren't free. Taxpayers don't pay for them (Hyde Amendment). That cost is loaded onto the poor.

So... they can either get the free and much more easily accessible birth control and use it correctly each and every time, or they can try to access the FAR less numerous abortion clinics and try to find a way to pay for their abortion.
Finally, you see the light.

They have a choice which I might add is none of your concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies