Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2021, 01:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And it's safe to assume you are for any abortion -- any time -- any reason -- any age.

If she doesn't agree to give birth, ANY AGE is fine for abortion even 39 weeks gestation. Heck she could be in labor, but she hasn't given birth yet, so the doctor can go ahead and kill the baby, Yep, you're cool with that. If you want to kill the baby, kill he or she regardless of age.
I easily agree with Roe vs Wade, which doesn't allow for elective late term abortions.

Yet, you do quite passionately want the law changed so women who get late abortions have to go to prison and their doctors, too, don't you? Or for any other abortion except to protect the life of the mother, don't you? To turn around the first question at me, I don't mind if the doctor or woman has to go to prison for illegal late term abortions. Fortunately, illegal abortions aren't very commonly done.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:57 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
My wife and I had three kids so I do know something about pregnancy and childbirth. I keep asking you and others if one is in fear of the above then why not use birth control and use it properly to prevent it? Crickets...... Since most unwanted pregnancies and abortions occur because of not taking those precautions then what is your point? You and yours keep bringing up a minority of incidents to make your cases so it doesn't cut it. Why can't you see that?
Women do use birth control. But as has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, in real life birth control is only 90% effective. That accounts for things like sleeping late and thus taking the pill later than usual, taking antibiotics without knowing that diminishes the effectiveness of the pill, or any of the other things that can go wrong (as has been documented in previous posts).

Then there are the people who just "get carried away" by their sex drive and forget to use a condom or whatever. You seem to think that people can be perfect all the time when it comes to the sex drive. Life shows that is not the case.

All I can tell you is stuff happens. There will always be accidental pregnancies.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:58 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
NICU babies need ventilators.

Does that count?
Of course NICU are outside of the womb and can survive. Not all of them are on ventilators.

Old 12-22-2021, 02:05 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I easily agree with Roe vs Wade, which doesn't allow for elective late term abortions.

Yet, you do quite passionately want the law changed so women who get late abortions have to go to prison and their doctors, too, don't you? Or for any other abortion except to protect the life of the mother, don't you? To turn around the first question at me, I don't mind if the doctor or woman has to go to prison for illegal late term abortions. Fortunately, illegal abortions aren't very commonly done.
You've convinced me with your 100+ posts promoting it. You have yourself to thank for that. Good on you. I wouldn't say I'm passionate about it though, that's on you, who has posted, like 100+ posts across every abortion thread in CD.

You've probably changed other people's minds as well. You're a better advocate for pro life than for abortion.

Go figure.

And, yes there are posters who are perfectly OK with late term abortions. See above.

Old 12-22-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:
NICU babies need ventilators.

Does that count?
If the NICU can keep it alive, then it is a live baby. If the NICU cannot keep it alive, then sadly the baby died.

If a 10 week fetus could be carefully removed from the womb, could the NICU keep it alive? Probably not. Maybe someday, but not now.

Old 12-22-2021, 02:07 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Oh please, plenty of men stand up and support their children, even when it’s hard on their finances. If a man is so weak he can’t take care of his children he shouldn’t be breeding. He needs a vasectomy.
Now apply that exact same reasoning to women...

Old 12-22-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Women do use birth control. But as has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, in real life birth control is only 90% effective. That accounts for things like sleeping late and thus taking the pill later than usual, taking antibiotics without knowing that diminishes the effectiveness of the pill, or any of the other things that can go wrong (as has been documented in previous posts).

Then there are the people who just "get carried away" by their sex drive and forget to use a condom or whatever. You seem to think that people can be perfect all the time when it comes to the sex drive. Life shows that is not the case.

All I can tell you is stuff happens. There will always be accidental pregnancies.
Are you stil ignoring the fact that birth control is 0% effective when not used?

Old 12-22-2021, 02:12 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
No as I said men have choice before and after just as women do.
Exactly. If men don't need abortions, neither do women.

Old 12-22-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Now apply that exact same reasoning to women...
Oh, IC...

You keep forgetting, women are idiotic morons. [sarcasm]

Old 12-22-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Are you stil ignoring the fact that birth control is 0% effective when not used?
Are you still ignoring the fact that for some people, the sex drive is stronger than any thoughts of birth control?

Are you still ignoring the fact that most people are not perfect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies