Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2021, 01:43 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You assumed the woman's body was made for pregnancy and childbirth. You couldn't understand what ongoing problems a woman might suffer after pregnancy and childbirth. I gave you some examples.

Just because YOU have not had any of these problems you try to minimize their importance. It wouldn't hurt you to have some empathy for others who are not as fortunate as you. And no, bladder leaks and hemorrhoids cannot always be fixed by surgery. Those bladder leak pills don't work for many people.

Instead you laugh at the problems other might have. At least you acknowledge that a woman who might die from another pregnancy should be allowed to have an abortion.
My wife and I had three kids so I do know something about pregnancy and childbirth. I keep asking you and others if one is in fear of the above then why not use birth control and use it properly to prevent it? Crickets...... Since most unwanted pregnancies and abortions occur because of not taking those precautions then what is your point? You and yours keep bringing up a minority of incidents to make your cases so it doesn't cut it. Why can't you see that?

Old 12-22-2021, 01:44 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Actually, there are posters who believe that birth is the only way a baby can escape an abortion.

At what point are YOU against abortion? 39 weeks? That's when you've decided that the baby is a baby? Not a day before?
You are the one who brought up 39 weeks. Not me.

It's a baby if it can survive outside the mother's womb.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:46 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Those are addictions. Using birth control because one doesn't want to get pregnant has nothing to do with addictions.
Those are human urges that override precaution and consequences. Just as sex is for so many.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:46 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times
Quote:

I really hope this clears things up and people stop thinking that anyone advocates for a 39 week abortion.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:48 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
No wonder you are so upset.
Let me calm you down.
No one here or anywhere else is trying hard to promote or allow abortions at 39 weeks.
I promise you.
I hope you feel better.
Now I understand why you are so crazy. Yes 39 weeks would be murder.
Not angry or upset, just trying to confirm the rationale. And there are posters who only believe a baby is a baby ONLY when he or she is born.

Maybe go back and read the entire thread instead of jumping into a conversation of which you have no context whatsoever?

Old 12-22-2021, 01:49 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:

NICU babies need ventilators.

Does that count?

Old 12-22-2021, 01:49 PM

18,419 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
My wife and I had three kids so I do know something about pregnancy and childbirth. I keep asking you and others if one is in fear of the above then why not use birth control and use it properly to prevent it? Crickets...... Since most unwanted pregnancies and abortions occur because of not taking those precautions then what is your point? You and yours keep bringing up a minority of incidents to make your cases so it doesn't cut it. Why can't you see that?
Crickets? It’s been mentioned countless times. Perhaps one should take the cotton out of the ears. Then take the blinders off. Birth control isn’t 100 percent. Almost half of women seeking abortions were on birth control when they became pregnant.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:53 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times
Quote:
Not angry or upset, just trying to confirm the rationale. And there are posters who only believe a baby is a baby ONLY when he or she is born.

Maybe go back and read the entire thread instead of jumping into a conversation of which you have no context whatsoever?
I did.
You were the one saying 39 weeks.
That is just so outrageous that I felt compelled to post.
I was upset that you believe people approve of an abortion at 39..
It was just an assumption on your part, in your post, that I could not let go without commenting on.

This is what you wrote
"And it's safe to assume you are for any abortion -- any time -- any reason -- any age.

If she doesn't agree to give birth, ANY AGE is fine for abortion even 39 weeks gestation. Heck she could be in labor, but she hasn't given birth yet, so the doctor can go ahead and kill the baby, Yep, you're cool with that. If you want to kill the baby, kill he or she regardless of age."

There is no way this will happen IMO.
I needed to set you straight.

Last edited by foodyum; 12-22-2021 at 02:02 PM..

Old 12-22-2021, 01:54 PM

18,419 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
NICU babies need ventilators.

Does that count?
Once born, anybody that wants the job of caring for a baby, child, the disabled or elderly can. Much different than a pregnancy, which is one specific individual.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:55 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
No, not crickets. Your ask has been answered. You just dont want to accept the answers you got. Other than human nature and hormones some is related to education, upbringing, availability, self-esteem, mental capacity, addictions, alcohol, naivete, stupidity. There are instances where initially the child was wanted but circumstances changed, some are failed BC.
You should be worldly enough to understand most people are not utilizing 2+ forms of BC and scheduling each act of sexual intercourse after careful consideration. Stats estimate at least 45% off all pregnancies in the US are unplanned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies