Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2021, 06:23 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,088,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Except everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

There are plenty of people who are conservative on other issues but who are pro-choice.
True, and there are millions of Pro-life Democrats, btw, and a considerable % of independents are pro life, as well.

This ruling will see lots of noise, but little affect at the ballot box.

The South btw polls far more Pro Life than Pro choice.

Old 12-12-2021, 06:40 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
True, and there are millions of Pro-life Democrats, btw, and a considerable % of independents are pro life, as well.

This ruling will see lots of noise, but little affect at the ballot box.

The South btw polls far more Pro Life than Pro choice.
Re the bolded....I think that waits to be seen. Not immediately, but if Roe is overturned and it becomes understood more globally.....we'll see.

Old 12-12-2021, 06:44 PM

9,519 posts, read 4,346,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
How about my friends whose 4th child was conceived after she had a tubal ligation? Did they make a mistake or fail to use contraception correctly?
Are you saying their doctor didn't tell them that pregnancy was unlikely, but still possible, after tubal litigation? (In the real world, everyone knows this and doesn't need to be told by a doctor). It's not an absolute certainty that you will die if you drive your car into a tree at 70mph, but it would be pretty dumb to bet against it. I'm not sure you understand the concept of personal responsibility. I'll make it easy for you: Prior to engaging in an action, understand the consequences, no matter how unlikely, and accept them before proceeding.

Old 12-12-2021, 06:55 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
What happens after RvW is overturned?

Not much. Abortions will continue to be legal and readily available in all states that don't make laws against them.

Actually far more Americans will approve of this situation, since people who want to continue abortions can persuade their state legislatures to vote that way, and people who don't want them, can persuade their state legislatures in that direction.

A few liberals who want to control the country by a few court verdicts rather than passing actual laws approved by the people, will be upset and unhappy. But then, liberals are always upset and unhappy.
LOL.

If you lived in one of those states, rather than in California, you might laugh at your own statement.

Old 12-12-2021, 06:57 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Re the bolded....I think that waits to be seen. Not immediately, but if Roe is overturned and it becomes understood more globally.....we'll see.
I do not expect an actual overturn of Roe but expect viability standard to be set aside at federal level, and Jackson will lose this appeal.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
I can almost guarantee you that there will be a charitable industry that revolves around this. Maybe they could save seats in busses when they bring in out of state voters. If you want an abortion and aren't able to travel across a state line you don't want it badly enough.

There will be tons of offers on social media etc. for those needing a ticket.
Perhaps, but not in Texas.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:07 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If you really want to make abortion your business in an anti-sort of way, have you ever stood outside an abortion clinic and begged women not to enter?
Do you grab pregnant women and drag them to PP so you can pay for their abortion?

If you don't, I'm not convinced how supportive you are of abortions.

C'mon, let us know how many pregnant women you've convinced to get abortions. And how much you've spent on them.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
The simple answer is if the SC overturns this Mississippi abortion law (which by the way is not abortion ban but a heart beat law) it will be turned over back to the states where it belonged in the first place.
Guess what...the state voters in each state will get the final word, so what is all the fuss.
Because no woman who wants an abortion but can't afford to go to another state should be denied one just because there are too many idiots in her state.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:20 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. TX law doesn't apply to actions that take place in other states.
Yes. Texas law does not specify where the abortion takes place nor the place where the person sueing or being sued lives.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:26 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm not dismissing rape victims' concerns. I've never advocated removing the right of rape victims to abort. Again, that's only 0.3% of all abortions. Over 98% of abortions are performed solely for the sake of the woman's and/or her sex partner's convenience.

Where are your numbers from. You keep copying and pasting without the source.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322799
Quote:
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)Trusted Source, the pill is 99.7 percent effective with perfect use. This means that less than 1 out of 100 women who take the pill would become pregnant in 1 year.

However, with typical use, the effectiveness of the pill is 91 percent. This means that around 9 out of 100 women would become pregnant in a year of taking the pill.

Last edited by ansible90; 12-12-2021 at 08:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies