Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2021, 04:09 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,604,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Ever killed someone because you were late to a function?

Ever killed someone because you forget to turn off the coffee pot?

Ever killed someone because you couldn't find your keys?

HINT: Condoms. Unless you forget, because, well, then, you can just kill someone. No worries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
No answer just more questions to side step the point. Typical.
I do ... life is risky business; even more so for the people tied to a system that is f-g them over by people who don't give a s-t about 'em.

Old 12-12-2021, 04:31 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,959,193 times
Quote:
No answer just more questions to side step the point. Typical.
You compared misplacing your keys to KILLING a baby. Just because, meh, you forgot.

Typical.

Use a comparison that is equitable. Instead of being ridiculous.

Maybe a parent who "forgets" a child in a hot car and the kid dies to a women who forgets her BC pill and can't be bothered to use a condom.

Those MIGHT be comparable. Except the parent who forgot inadvertently kills the kid, unlike the oopsie my pill, oopsie no condom just get an abortion woman. Three mistakes for her.

Old 12-12-2021, 04:34 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,559,163 times
Quote:
Or perhaps there will be an uptick in the use of BC to avoid pregnancy in the first place.

Maybe women will choose sexual partners using more than 'oh he bought me a drink and he's cute.'

Perhaps there will be more thought into how babies are made and what being a mom or dad means.

Maybe men will take a step back with the very real perceived threat of being on the hook financially for 18 years.

In a nutshell: Maybe there will be an increase in self awareness, self esteem, conscious choice, and responsibility. And Maturity.

Right?

If there is less opportunity for abortion, maybe there will be less activity that leads to abortion. Which is more than sex, it's choices.
Your last paragraph is just another example that your focus is control, not the welfare of the populace.

Old 12-12-2021, 04:41 PM

18,404 posts, read 19,040,350 times
Quote:
You compared misplacing your keys to KILLING a baby. Just because, meh, you forgot.

Typical.

Use a comparison that is equitable. Instead of being ridiculous.

Maybe a parent who "forgets" a child in a hot car and the kid dies to a women who forgets her BC pill and can't be bothered to use a condom.

Those MIGHT be comparable. Except the parent who forgot inadvertently kills the kid, unlike the oopsie my pill, oopsie no condom just get an abortion woman. Three mistakes for her.
Sorry no, the point was no one is perfect and people forget a pill every now and again. Both birth control and women are not 100 percent perfect. A great majority of women are on birth control the month they get pregnant. They were actively trying not to get pregnant. Don’t expect other women to be perfect if you’re not. Who hasn’t forgotten something?

Old 12-12-2021, 04:43 PM

24,659 posts, read 9,482,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't kill another human's life because I forgot to take a vitamin.
Breaking news, all humans die, some will just do it before others.

Human life is not sacred, and banning abortions won’t remove back alley abortions.

Old 12-12-2021, 05:22 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,449,700 times
Quote:
You're citing a case from 1970? That's irrelevant as California law has since superseded the law under which the killer was prosecuted back then.

Current California law in effect reads "Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought." - California Penal Code 187
Disingenuous.

California law specifically makes a distinction between killing a human being and killing a fetus.

Additionally, CA courts apparently distinguish between an embryo and a fetus and do not allow someone to be charged with murder if they kill an embryo.

There is also a specific exception for abortions.

https://vistacriminallaw.com/killing...can-be-murder/

Old 12-12-2021, 05:23 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,885,558 times
Quote:
Sorry no, the point was no one is perfect and people forget a pill every now and again. Both birth control and women are not 100 percent perfect. A great majority of women are on birth control the month they get pregnant. They were actively trying not to get pregnant. Don’t expect other women to be perfect if you’re not. Who hasn’t forgotten something?
But they sure didn't "forget" to have sex.

Old 12-12-2021, 06:02 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,659,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
So, you're saying that everyone should "mind their own business" even when they're aware of a barbaric practice going on? Interesting. Using that logic, you're OK with assault, murder, child abuse, rape, etc., etc., as long as you're not the victim? In fairness, that's consistent with most liberal "logic". It's all about me.
I'm happy the abortion rate has been going down. What do you expect me to do about abortion? Stand outside abortion clinics begging women not to go in? Doing that would only be poking my nose in women's business where it doesn't belong. And likely would be far from appreciated.

Old 12-12-2021, 06:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,659,217 times
Quote:
Absolutely false. If it was no one else's business when one human kills another, there would never be any laws against killing another and therefore no murder/homicide trials, convictions, etc.
If you really want to make abortion your business in an anti-sort of way, have you ever stood outside an abortion clinic and begged women not to enter?

Old 12-12-2021, 06:19 PM

34,074 posts, read 17,112,870 times
Quote:
I could say the same for 2nd Amendment Rights. State laws restrict some 2nd Amendment Rights, and that has been accepted as valid by SCOTUS. Any perceived right to abortion is the same. States can restrict them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies