Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2021, 07:10 AM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
That's MY ENTIRE POINT.... I am a man. I never really had a vested interest in this issue besides the fact that it's established law. I'm watching carefully to see what established laws and protections the coalition of right wingers go after next. I'm thinking birthright citizenship or equal opportunity employment.
or Plessy?

Old 12-12-2021, 07:22 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
According to all the judges ruling on it you can.
We'll see about that. SCOTUS let the TX restrictions on abortion stand just this past Friday.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The Texas law is aimed at preventing things like that because the people can be sued.
So what? It's a limited amount. Why won't the pro-abortion contingent support their position with their own money?

Old 12-12-2021, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Because that would be consistent with the principle of your post (your post that Goodnight was replying to).
Nope. You want that to be true, but it isn't.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:30 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
That's MY ENTIRE POINT.... I am a man. I never really had a vested interest in this issue besides the fact that it's established law. I'm watching carefully to see what established laws and protections the coalition of right wingers go after next. I'm thinking birthright citizenship or equal opportunity employment.
Liberals have already taken care of that. Filled out a job application lately? You are asked about your race, ethnicity, medical problems, military status, and sexual whatever identity.

Why is ANY of that information needed if the employer is truly looking to hire the best person based on merit with equal opportunity for everyone???

Old 12-12-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
SCOTUS always rules in favor of more human rights. In Brown v. Board of Ed, they reversed Plessy's SCOTUS-sanctioned racial segregation. By overturning Roe, they'd be reversing the decision that allows the indiscriminate killing of 700,000 human lives each year, with Black babies being the grossly disproportionate amount of those killed.

Old 12-12-2021, 08:00 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Underlying thing: The Supreme Court had as much business ruling on this as they did on the Dredd Scott case. The endless overreach and usurpation of powers from States by the Federal Government needs to be walked back A LOT. For every single other matter of human life, when it lawful or unlawful to end a human life, what qualifies as a human life, etc. -- all of it comes down to State and Local laws. This is obvious. What on earth has childbirth, murder, self-defense, etc. got to do with Interstate Commerce?

Wanna make abortion legal? Or are you for making it illegal? We already have a process for that. Vote in your local and state elections and the people who got voted in will make the decision.

State Law defines:
  • Capital punishment or the lack thereof.
  • Degrees of murder. We just saw this in Georgia trial for the murder of Ahmaud Arbery.
  • When you have a right to self-defense, when you do not, and all the legal definitions for self defense.
  • Whether you can charge for double-murder for killing a pregnant woman.
  • All other cases where human life is protected or not protected.
  • Protection of children from parents who are a threat to their lives or safety.
Abortion and all the laws surrounding it should never have been snatched away from state governments by an unelected body of judges. They had no basis for it. The best excuse? "Right to privacy." Great, so the same body that green-lit the NSA to spy on everything everyone on the planet does or says claims abortion is "Right to privacy." If right to privacy isn't right to privacy, then how on earth is murdering the human life growing inside you? That said, as long as there is no unequal application of the law, a state government could legalize pretty much whatever they want. Murder, rape, robbery, whatever. The reason they will never do that is because no democratically elected body would dare, even if they were crazy enough and actually wanted to.

Whether abortion should be legal or not should be decided by the popular vote of the people.

Old 12-12-2021, 08:12 AM

15,444 posts, read 7,511,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, it is. State laws cannot carve out a special protected class that treats some differently than others for doing the exact same thing. In this case, that's killing a human life.

Can you imagine states passing laws that allow renters but no one else to kill their landlords? It would never happen. Guess why.
That suggestion is beyond ridiculous. Once again, you lack the knowledge of law to understand what equal protection means. Go talk to a lawyer, and learn something.

Old 12-12-2021, 08:14 AM

15,444 posts, read 7,511,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No state is banning abortion, and that's the point. States restrict but do not ban all 2nd Amendment Rights. They can do the same with abortion, restrict but not ban all abortions.
Give it up. The trigger laws, for all intents and purposes, ban abortion. The legislators threw in the life of the mother exception to get the laws passed. Why don't you go examine your own life and butt out of the lives of others.

Old 12-12-2021, 08:15 AM

1,152 posts, read 619,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
The Supreme Court isn't going to be swayed by a southern state. It will remain that females have choices in how to manage the decision to this medical procedure.

I can't imagine the courts would intercede if a man said- I'd like a vascetomy and the courts said, too bad!
Both involve a decision held by the person to modify or deter .

Its MY Dream that the decision remains protected and upheld.
Thanks for sharing your opinion stated as fact, but you really made no argument as to why you believe that you’re going to be right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies