Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2021, 05:36 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Which basically works for an against women at the same time. A woman seeking retribution for harm caused to her unborn fetus will be hard pressed to find it, unless the power to prosecute is returned to the States.
I don't agree.

All you are showing me is a conservative judge on a pro-life rant lol.

Old 12-11-2021, 06:11 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Which basically works for an against women at the same time. A woman seeking retribution for harm caused to her unborn fetus will be hard pressed to find it, unless the power to prosecute is returned to the States.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I don't agree.

You don't agree with what --- holding a man responsible?

Old 12-11-2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I don't agree that judges are going to touch this concept that feticide laws are incompatible with a womans right to abortion.

Other than their rants in opinions like the example you gave.

Old 12-11-2021, 06:32 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Quote:
I don't agree.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't agree that judges are going to touch this concept that feticide laws are incompatible with a womans right to abortion.

"“Fetal homicide laws acknowledge what science has already proven: that a unique human life begins at the very moment of fertilization. Abortion laws reject that reality,” said Lila Rose, a prominent pro-life advocate and president of Live Action."

Can't have it both ways ...

"He appealed his death sentence, arguing that an unborn child is not a person with independent protections and that he therefore couldn’t be convicted of a double killing."

roe v wade gave men an out, the one they were looking for ...

Old 12-11-2021, 06:44 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
What's your point? Poverty isn't a legitimate excuse to snuff out innocent life in my book. We deal with the poor as necessary. The poor deserve a right to life just like the rest of us.

If poverty resulted in what you wrote inherently, then Chinese-American communities would be some of the most crime-ridden, least-educated communities in this country as many of them have extremely high poverty rates. But that's not the case.
I'm guessing that his point is that being for less government spending/smaller government/less government interference doesn't reconcile with wanting a policy that will result in more kids (who have needs) that require more spending.

Old 12-11-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Unlike the old days, we have welfare programs, extensive public education available at no out of pocket cost for individuals to attend, etc. But, even in the old days, the answer wasn't abortion on demand from where I stand. And certainly not on account of poverty.

And, yes, abortion has long been around and always will be around. But that's not the point.
From where you stand is as a man and, as men, it should be none of our business what a woman wants to do with her body.

Old 12-11-2021, 06:58 PM

63,000 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
From where you stand is as a man and, as men, it should be none of our business what a woman wants to do with her body.
It should be all of our businesses when an innocent human being is killed. It's not just about a woman's body. She will survive an abortion most likely but her unborn won't.

What's wrong with a woman controlling her body by making sure she has protected sex if she doesn't want to get pregnant? Is that out of the question?

Old 12-11-2021, 07:00 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:

In the Jones case, I expect you are correct. They will just agree with the state, and I expect they will disallow any federal definition of viability.

Feticide is not included in Jones vs Mississippi.

Old 12-11-2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
"“Fetal homicide laws acknowledge what science has already proven: that a unique human life begins at the very moment of fertilization. Abortion laws reject that reality,” said Lila Rose, a prominent pro-life advocate and president of Live Action."

Can't have it both ways ...

"He appealed his death sentence, arguing that an unborn child is not a person with independent protections and that he therefore couldn’t be convicted of a double killing."

roe v wade gave men an out, the one they were looking for ...
We can just abolish all the feticide laws or revise them to dole out harsher sentences for assaulting a pregnant woman.

I dont really care.

Last edited by Blondy; 12-11-2021 at 07:59 PM..

Old 12-11-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's what charities funded by lefties are for. If they believe so strongly in abortion, they'll provide access to abortions by voluntarily opening up their wallets and donating to charities that fund everything you've listed.
The Texas law is aimed at preventing things like that because the people can be sued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies