Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2021, 08:17 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
"“Fetal homicide laws acknowledge what science has already proven: that a unique human life begins at the very moment of fertilization. Abortion laws reject that reality,” said Lila Rose, a prominent pro-life advocate and president of Live Action."

Can't have it both ways ...

"He appealed his death sentence, arguing that an unborn child is not a person with independent protections and that he therefore couldn’t be convicted of a double killing."

roe v wade gave men an out, the one they were looking for ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
We can just abolish all the feticide laws or revise them to dole out harsher sentences for assaultin a pregnant woman.

I dont really care.
It's a good thing you don't care ... as it is men have been getting by with murder since time began. In the 18th century abortions were allowed under common law and were widely practiced ... and in 1973 women got played. For centuries women have shouldered the burdens of men's inept abilities to carry their responsibilities. This century will be none different. Accept now they have an accomplice under (new age feminism) the guise of 'women's rights'. I have to say, it's a compelling argument, except for a few facts, I might even believe it myself.

Old 12-11-2021, 08:42 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I try to stay away from the abortion debate also, but just can't help throwing the lefty liberals constant hypocrisy in there faces. How many years did we have to listen to them drone on about "My body, My choice", only to have their own fool politicians pull the rug out from under them with the vaccine mandate BS.
Except everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Plenty of people who are 'My Body, My choice' aren't lefties, aren't Democrats, are anti vax mandate, and would never vote for Biden.

Old 12-11-2021, 09:27 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
There is no fundamental right for a woman to kill her baby. Rights come from God, not 5 old liberal white men on the Supreme Court.

God gave us the 10 commandments. These were not rights he gave us. It was a standard how to live our lives according to him. And there was nothing in the commandments about abortion.

Old 12-11-2021, 09:29 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,023,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The Texas law is aimed at preventing things like that because the people can be sued.
Yeah… but who’s gonna pay for it? Lawsuits are expensive. Im supposed to sue my neighbor because I think they got an abortion?

Old 12-11-2021, 09:34 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times
Quote:
It's a good thing you don't care ... as it is men have been getting by with murder since time began. In the 18th century abortions were allowed under common law and were widely practiced ... and in 1973 women got played. For centuries women have shouldered the burdens of men's inept abilities to carry their responsibilities. This century will be none different. Accept now they have an accomplice under (new age feminism) the guise of 'women's rights'. I have to say, it's a compelling argument, except for a few facts, I might even believe it myself.
No idea what you are saying.

What is your problem oft repeated with men?

Old 12-11-2021, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It should be all of our businesses when an innocent human being is killed. It's not just about a woman's body. She will survive an abortion most likely but her unborn won't.

What's wrong with a woman controlling her body by making sure she has protected sex if she doesn't want to get pregnant? Is that out of the question?
So if a woman had protected sex and her contraception failed would you be ok with her getting an abortion?

Old 12-11-2021, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why does the father have zero say?

Because it isn't his body.

For example, would you want some man following you around telling you you couldn't take a pee ?
I dont agree the father should have zero say. In a normal relationship, assuming the woman is not being threatened or subjected to violence, he should be able to have his say.

That doesn't mean he gets his way.

She should take his say into consideration before she makes a decision. Some women may be persuaded by a commitment to stand by her and help her take care of the child. Some wont.

At the end of the day if there are two people only one can get their way if they dont agree.

Woman takes precedence.

It's not rocket science.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:17 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,023,272 times
Quote:
So if a woman had protected sex and her contraception failed would you be ok with her getting an abortion?
I’m guessing he will pick the deflect tactic.

In so I’ve got a bookmark to check.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:50 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Quote:
No idea what you are saying.

What is your problem oft repeated with men?
I have a problem with 'people' using the law to skirt their responsibilities and having others carry the burden, which is basically what Federal law does. It doesn't get its hands dirty --- so to speak.

Old 12-12-2021, 03:51 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Perhaps you've heard of the draft, you know where a MAN can be forced to go to war and be killed, maimed, psychologically damaged. Ya poor woman, forced to carry a baby to term for 9 whole months.
We no longer have a draft.

And we've been without a draft almost as long as we've had the Roe v. Wade decision. There's only a five day difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies