Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2021, 02:14 PM

5,347 posts, read 3,216,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Please post the number of states where murdering a pregnant woman can and does result in TWO charges of murder. Hint, that number > 0.
It was a simple request. Please post the legal definition of murder.

Annandale_Man claims that Roe v. Wade makes it legal to "murder a member of your family". I'm simply asking for legal sources to back it up.

I'll take the silence and avoidance as the answer.

(p.s. the unborn victims of violence act specifically exempts abortion)

Old 11-30-2021, 02:17 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Given how justices rule, I think you’re being a little naive, but I don’t take it as a threat to the Supreme Court, but rather her political assessment of the effect that overturning abortion rights after nearly 50 years would have on voters, particularly young women.

History is filled with unintended consequences.
Not being naive at all. They are already appointed, which drops their electoral GAFF meters to zero. Yeah, they may still have political and ideological biases and all that, but I doubt any is really concerned one way or the other about which party direction young people are headed. JobForLyfe tends to reduce worries.

And they are supposed to rule according to the rule of law, the letter and spirit of the US Constitution, and the concept that vague laws should not be judicially repaired, but tossed back to Congress or a state legislature to fix such that it comports with the rule of law and the US Constitution.

Just a political grandstand statement, not much else really. Every hot button issue the Congress is too cowardly to deal with, they issue dire, end of the world, revolution commentary to scare everyone to death with. Big deal, SSDD.

Old 11-30-2021, 02:20 PM

10,101 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Dims are nothing but thugs. Can`t wait for the elections. I would like to see every single one gone!!
I agree.

Old 11-30-2021, 02:20 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
(p.s. the unborn victims of violence act specifically exempts abortion)
Which is a logical inconsistency that makes both laws vague, inconsistent and subject to interpretation mischief.

Old 11-30-2021, 02:25 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Not being naive at all. They are already appointed, which drops their electoral GAFF meters to zero. Yeah, they may still have political and ideological biases and all that, but I doubt any is really concerned one way or the other about which party direction young people are headed. JobForLyfe tends to reduce worries.

And they are supposed to rule according to the rule of law, the letter and spirit of the US Constitution, and the concept that vague laws should not be judicially repaired, but tossed back to Congress or a state legislature to fix such that it comports with the rule of law and the US Constitution.

Just a political grandstand statement, not much else really. Every hot button issue the Congress is too cowardly to deal with, they issue dire, end of the world, revolution commentary to scare everyone to death with. Big deal, SSDD.
If and when Roe is overturned, we shall see.

One thing we know is that Millennials are now hitting middle age and remain the most liberal leaning generation in modern history, although the oldest members of Gen-Z are rivaling them. Whether a Roe decision would seriously change the equation is anyone’s guess at this point, but it’s hard to see a Republican gain of support overall if it is overturned since polls have consistently shown more support for Roe than opposition.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...ls-or-younger/

Old 11-30-2021, 02:28 PM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It would become a state issue and her state could then legalize it. easy peasy
Exactly. NH (her state) is a blue state and unlikely to ban abortion, so what's the problem?

Old 11-30-2021, 02:31 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
It is my guess they won't over turn it but will do something to substantially weaken it... and then, in 5 years... they will do that again.

Honeslty, isn't Roe just outdated now?

I mean don't we have a pill you can take to get an abortion?

Doesn't seem like it is the same situation it was in the early 70s.

Old 11-30-2021, 02:31 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
More depraved is forcing a woman to remain pregnant, give birth and parent. against her own will. The reasoning might not be valid to you, but it is valid to the women who have abortions. You seriously want these “irresponsible “ people becoming parents? Hookers, drug addicts make great role models? Women don’t need or want your opinion on what she does in her life. We all live our lives according to our own values. Have you used birth control every single time you had sex? Never skipped a day? Or did you relinquish birth control to your partner, essentially giving the responsibility to another?
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That ship has already sailed. Fetal homicide laws have set the legal precedent that an unborn child is a separate human life.
Avoiding the questions? Do you think hookers drug addicts and teenagers make good parents? Did/do you always use birth control every time you have sex or did you relinquish the responsibility to a partner?

Old 11-30-2021, 02:32 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Note that, as usual, leftists are trying to pretend that a baby in the womb isn't really a baby, but only a mass of tissue, and therefore unimportant and OK to kill.

Just as they used to say that black slaves weren't people, but only "property", and therefore OK to enslave and kill.

Some liberal principles never change.

Old 11-30-2021, 02:33 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
It's not going to be overturned.

Courts don't like undoing past rulings. It's an institutional thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies