Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2022, 06:44 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Lobby Congress? Surely you jest.
What do you want us to do, write letters? I have better things to do.

Only one thing gets congress' attention. MONEY. After all, there's always another election coming up.
Corruption 101.
Ok. Then you can keep coming on City Data to complain, as if that will change anything.

Old 01-02-2022, 06:45 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Ok. Then you can keep coming on City Data to complain, as if that will change anything.
I've been complaining on here for more than 10 years and will keep doing it. C/D is one of the last places for free speech. I used to say Twitter was also, until they banned Trump and started silencing other conservatives and anyone who doesn't tow the line on vaccines - Like Dr Robert Malone.

Old 01-02-2022, 06:54 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Whether you like it or not, all fetal homicide laws have an exception for abortion.
And that makes them unconstitutional as it allows some but not others to kill another human life solely for the sake of their own convenience.

Old 01-02-2022, 06:54 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
So the 602 Wal Mart stores only hires rich women in Texas?
Or Walgreens? Or Target? Btw, DG offers benefits. I know staff at their corp hq, and store staff also get some PTO. Big Boxes offer better benefits, though.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news...res/ss-AAOqTSW
No, but there are not Walmarts in every town. For instance, the closest Walmart to the town where my grandparents lived is 35 miles away. Tough commute if your family only has one unreliable car.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:03 AM

For completeness, this is what you are responding to. How many times have I and other posters asked you to quote the entire post you are responding to. Terms of Service on CD require that you quote the whole post.
Quote:

Whether you like it or not, all fetal homicide laws have an exception for abortion. Perhaps in your mind they are the same, but the actual laws do not equate fetal homicide with abortion. The people who made those fetal homicide laws obviously saw a difference between fetal homicide and abortion.

If you want to change the law, go lobby your Congress critters, state and federal.

Your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And that makes them unconstitutional as it allows some but not others to kill another human life solely for the sake of their own convenience.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:10 AM

Quote:
For completeness, this is what you are responding to. How many times have I and other posters asked you to quote the entire post you are responding to. Terms of Service on CD require that you quote the whole post.

Your response.
That doesn't change my response: that makes them (fetal homicide laws) unconstitutional as it allows some but not others to kill another human life solely for the sake of their own convenience. Either anyone can kill an unborn child at will, or no one can.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That doesn't change my response: that makes them (fetal homicide laws) unconstitutional as it allows some but not others to kill another human life solely for the sake of their own convenience. Either anyone can kill an unborn child at will, or no one can.
Your opinion. But if you want the law changed, you have to do something to try to change it. Like contacting your Congress critters or starting a social media campaign to do so.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:22 AM

If some of you think killing an unborn child is no big deal, why not let anyone do it? Fathers that don't want the 18+ year financial responsibility, for example? Let him kill the unwanted unborn child, just as the mother is allowed to do. But that doesn't happen. Here's just one example of a man sent to prison for killing his unborn child:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sikande...duce-abortion/

If he was sent to prison, why aren't women sent to prison for doing the exact same thing, intentionally killing their unborn child?

Old 01-02-2022, 07:34 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I hope like hell that the SCOTUS has the gumption to overturn Roe. That’s my dream scenario. Been hoping for this for decades.

Greatest possible gift the Democratic Party could ever receive. PUH-LEEZE do it SCOTUS Conservatives. Not to mention that GOP fundraising based on anti abortion efforts; tens of millions of dollars, will be dead and buried. They’ll have nothing else inflammatory enough to rile up the base to get those millions from small evangelical donors without abortion being on the platform.

My fear is that the SCOTUS simply isn’t stupid enough to pull the trigger. They know what’ll happen.
Somehow I agree with you, BUT, it will harm many, many women.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:43 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Somehow I agree with you, BUT, it will harm many, many women.
I for one am not concerned about that. It will save hundreds of thousands of babies lives.
Women who want to have sex, can be a bit choosier about their partners and use protection.
Problem solved!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies