Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2021, 06:29 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
On the bold - then why post on a forum? Just plant some signs with your position around town and call it a day.

Secondly.. this isn't about me and I don't get offended by strangers on the internet.

Fortunately, marital rape doesn't require your belief. Stats are easy to find. And I never wrote MOST men are rapists. But lots of men force sex on their wives, and it some cases, their religion demands it.

A woman can get access to birth control. Did I write otherwise? But if it fails or she didn't use it or didn't use properly is irrelevant. Abortion should be an available medical procedure for any woman who wants it for any reason she wants it. Period.

No need to reply...we're done here.
It's not irrelevant if birth control fails (which is rare) or she didn't use it or didn't use it properly. It's all on her then because regardless of any of the above there is always the risk of pregnancy and having sex one should accept that outcome if it happens without resorting to killing an unborn child. Can't take that chance then don't have sex!

Old 12-03-2021, 06:30 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You think it's so easy to travel hundreds of miles to get an abortion? Not to mention the cost of gas, hotel, meals out, and time off from work (if your employer allows time off). And you need a friend to drive you because depending on the procedure, you might not be able to drive after. So the friend needs to take off from work too.
That's what charities funded by lefties are for. If they believe so strongly in abortion, they'll provide access to abortions by voluntarily opening up their wallets and donating to charities that fund everything you've listed.

Old 12-03-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Poor people deserve the right to life, too. Being poor doesn't mean that you don't have life worth living. I am for damn sure that abortion on demand wasn't available to my ancestors post-slavery in this country as my people were dirt poor and had all the odds stacked against them. And zero welfare.

But we persevered.

All in all, I see no conflict between forcing people to take greater responsibility for their lives vs. being against abortion on demand policies. If one needs welfare, that's one thing. But welfare shouldn't be allowed to be a lifelong lifeline if one is able to work from where I stand.
The ugly truth is that abortion in the US kills FAR more POCs than whites and lefties are fighting tooth and nail to KEEP it that way. Food for thought...

Old 12-03-2021, 06:36 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's what charities funded by lefties are for. If they believe so strongly in abortion, they'll provide access to abortions by voluntarily opening up their wallets and donating to charities that fund everything you've listed.
So very caring of you.

Old 12-03-2021, 06:45 AM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Plenty already do exactly that but it will be interesting to see where these Red states like Mississippi are going to get the funding for the social problems this creates in their state. I assume the funding for Medicaid and Welfare will increase, I guess that's not their issue the federal government will cover them.

Old 12-03-2021, 06:55 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Actually, our founders did not address the issue in our precious Constitution. They did indicate all rights not explicitly granted the Federal government were to be decided at local levels.

That is the core thing the justices must decide on. Interpret the Constitution based on its actual writing, in regards to the issues at play.
That's what you think the Constitution says, but you are being simplistic. The 9th Amendment says that rights enumerated in the Constitution are not to be considered the only rights, and it's silent as to whether it applies to only the Federal government or the states, so it applies to both. The 10th Amendment says that powers not granted to the Federal Government are reserved to the states. No rights are granted to the Feds, just powers. The people have rights, not government. A person can petition the Supreme if they think a right has been violated, and SCOTUS can say "yep, your rights have been violated, states, listen up, you can't do this"

Old 12-03-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Knowing full well planned parenthood did/does abortions, the federal government gives millions to planned parenthood.
You are obviously living under a rock.
If you trace the Federal money, none of it went to clinics that perform abortions. Those clinics are separate legal entities, and the money doesn't mix.

Old 12-03-2021, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I’m curious. PP mentioned women wouldn’t get abortions if they were loved and supported. Are there circumstances affecting abortion rates, such as age, education level, income level, marital status? Obviously I could look it up, but was seeing if anyone knew offhand.
Yes, there are. Hispanic and Black women are 2 to 5 times more likely, respectively, to have an abortion than white women (KFF and US Census Bureau). Racist and bigoted lefties fully support that and want to keep it that way. It's all about supporting race-based genocide.

Old 12-03-2021, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The 2nd amendment specifically covers guns.
The 9th Amendment says that the rights enumerated in the Constitution are not the only rights.

Old 12-03-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
You're flat out wrong. Fetal homicide laws have already legally established the fact that every unborn child is a separate human life.
In the same manner that a corporation is a "person". Can a fetus, walk, talk, live on its own? No, a fetus is, technically, a parasite.

Why are you OK with well off women being able to get abortions while forcing the poor to just have a kid they don't want, and can't afford? Even if abortion is made illegal, women with money will do what they did pre Roe, which is go to the doctor with "female problems" and then get a D&C to fix the "female problems".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies