Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 12:58 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That’s not Pelosi’s business to “do something about.” She’s the damn speaker of the United States House of Representatives. Is this a joke?

What are any of your representatives doing about the shoplifting and crime in your areas? And ALL of you live near plenty of shoplifting and crime if you live in a town of at least 10000 people.
And they are most likely Democratic districts. Shop lifting is everywhere, but when it empty stores, there’s a huge problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 12:59 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I believe the majority of the country wouldn’t boycott, but will support them.

The problem is the ones that support these thieves actually believe that they "need" the items they take to survive. At the worse they think these brazen thieves are stealing items so they can sell them to buy food or maybe school supplies for the upcoming semester....

It will be a sad day when the neighborhood stores had had enough and close their doors for good or everything is locked up behind a counter. The Dems will then complain that it is like a prison commissary where you line up, order your item, pay for it and then it is placed into your hands.

Who would want to live in a neighborhood like that? I suppose when the universal income comes around these guys won't have to steal for a living?

Old 07-24-2021, 01:03 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,224,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Nope and i loath her and think she is a despicable human being. But its the mayor and city leaders who are responsible. Senators and Congressman represent their States at the Federal level they don't make individual state policy. As much as i think some of them would like to and as much as they keep trying to take federal control over individual states rights.
^^^ This. There is plenty to criticize Pelosi for without focusing on things that aren't her responsibility.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:05 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,601,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
She is not in charge of the city or state in which she lives. Ask instead what the mayor and governor are doing.
You don’t think someone as powerful as Nancy in the federal government can have a big influence on the local mayor and DA in her city?

Get real

Old 07-24-2021, 01:09 PM

10,181 posts, read 11,169,862 times
Was is Pelosi doing about the looting and shoplifting in her city?

Hiding her Decrepit ass - behind her gated yard.

Eating Expensive Ice Cream and getting Haircuts every other day.

Worried about the Bogus Insurrection, Insurrection, Insurrection.

That's what she's doing.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:09 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
I love Nancy Pelosi, but if there's one big mistake she made was turning the Presidio military base into a park. Opponents at the time wanted to put low-cost housing on that site. If that had happened there'd be fewer homeless on the streets.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:14 PM

1,411 posts, read 566,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I love Nancy Pelosi, but if there's one big mistake she made was turning the Presidio military base into a park. Opponents at the time wanted to put low-cost housing on that site. If that had happened there'd be fewer homeless on the streets.
That you "love" the odious , lying old hag speaks volumes about your , and not in a good way.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:29 PM

1,119 posts, read 517,817 times
Remember when she was dancing in the streets of Chinatown when COVID was about to run wild here. She’s absolutely vile, but you all knew that.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:32 PM

4,912 posts, read 2,062,076 times
It’s weird, in California, they were big on defunding the police, but now are crying for private Armed Security to save the day…. Nothing against Armed Security or Security Officers in general, but they’re not cops or even trained BEYOND the very basics. IMHO, would make things far worse.

Also, armed security isn’t cheap and if this is going to be the new route liberal cities end up taking, the cost of their service will be passed onto the people, on top of our monthly inflation increases.

I’m not a rocket scientist or ever stayed in a Holiday Express hotel but Common Sense tells me that let the cop do their jobs and make the liberal DAs and Court System do theirs, this would solve most of this problem.

Personally, I’d think it would be funny if these thief’s were confronted by masked individuals, with baseball bats, who were there expressing “their rights” and beat these thieves into the ground. Honestly, I think the country is now fast approaching this since No Justice leads directly to Vigilante Justice.

Pelosi bares some of the blame, along with Governor, Mayor and their City Council for their failed “re-imagine” justice system.

BUT!! Most of the blame goes to the voters within these cities…. Because they voted them in and often, keep voting for the SAME group of losers AND wonder why “sheet” is still screwed up. Honestly, every time I hear any politician use the word “reimagine,” I know that a train wreck is about to happen.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
You don’t think someone as powerful as Nancy in the federal government can have a big influence on the local mayor and DA in her city?

Get real
Name a Speaker of the United States House of Representatives that got involved in local crime matters in their district? Tip O’Neil? Newt Gingrich? Who????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies