Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what would it take for you to lose it ? masks coming back ? lockdowns? or do you not care?
even if only the masks came back id lose it 45 28.13%
it would have to be at least the lockdowns 28 17.50%
i dont care either way 72 45.00%
i love lockdowns and masks 15 9.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 01:43 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,580,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How many hours a day do you wear a mask?
None since I was smart enough to get a vaccine.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:45 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I can't believe most people here don't care either way. This virus is making people nuts. How can people not mind wearing a mask? It's uncomfortable and looks so stupid.
How it looks is personal opinion. Again, I don’t care how it looks and it certainly isn’t any more uncomfortable than wearing a bra.
Back in the day, when I worked in a corporate environment, I was required to wear hose with dresses/skirts. “Required” as in female employees would get written up if they showed up to work with bare legs.
I’d rather wear a mask. At minimum, it doesn’t feel like a completely arbitrary request.

Last edited by TigerLily24; 07-26-2021 at 01:54 PM..

Old 07-26-2021, 01:50 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How it looks is personal opinion. Again, I don’t care how it looks and it certainly isn’t any more in comfortable than wearing a bra.
Back in the day, when I worked in a corporate environment, I was required to wear hose with dresses/skirts. “Required” as in female employees would get written up if they showed up to work with bare legs.
I’d rather wear a mask. At minimum, it doesn’t feel like a completely arbitrary request.
You ladies are apparently too sexy looking with bare legs. Best not to distract your coworkers.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:55 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
I'll choose not to patronize those establishments that require masks. Other than the places I have no alternative like doctor offices, hospitals, airports, I'm vaccinated and done wearing a mask.
I never went into a business for 'pleasure', ie: shopping for things I don't need, or eating at a restaurant, the entire year. I did my job, went to the gas station to fill up my car, in the beginning I went into a store for quick purchases of food, not long shops, and I went home. That was it.

When the CDC made the announcement that we didn't need to wear masks anymore, I had the next day off. I wanted to spoil myself for a change, and go get restaurant food to take home. I went to the closest place that has a variety of choices, and the restaurant I chose was the one that said we didn't have to wear a mask to enter.

I could have chosen 20 different restaurants, but the one that got my business was the one who didn't insist on one.

Still not sick, never got sick, still not dead, despite how many people on here insisted that I would indeed get sick and die because I didn't wear a dumb mask.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:56 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
None since I was smart enough to get a vaccine.
Prior to your vaccine how many hours?

It seems like a lot of people who don’t have to wear them to work or school think they are no big deal. Just curious if you wore them 6 to 8 hours a day, five days a week prior to your vaccine or if you’re one who rarely had to wear them.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:59 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
"Lose it"? What does that even mean?

I won't comply. It's pretty straightforward and simple. Nothing will be "lost," as I won't be giving anything up.

Old 07-26-2021, 02:01 PM

4,672 posts, read 4,986,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
"Lose it"?? People seriously need more to worry about or you lead very boring lives (which may be a plus I suppose).

1 - we were never really in a "lockdown". Anyone who thinks we were needs to open up a newspaper from another part of the world and see what a lockdown really looks like.

2 - I hated wearing a mask, but if I'm asked to, I will. It's a stupid piece of fabric on my face. Don't make a big deal about something so ridiculous.
This dumb canard again, as if mass house arrest was just a totally normal and reasonable reaction, and we Americans should be falling over ourselves to show gratitude for being somewhat exempt from it. Trying to liken it to having gotten the EZ Pass and most of the rest of the world having had to wait in line for the tolls...when the reality is, the roads should be free for everyone.

Old 07-26-2021, 02:01 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,730,715 times
thanks for the lulz @ the cuks who voted #4

Old 07-26-2021, 02:05 PM

1,706 posts, read 637,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Prior to your vaccine how many hours?

It seems like a lot of people who don’t have to wear them to work or school think they are no big deal. Just curious if you wore them 6 to 8 hours a day, five days a week prior to your vaccine or if you’re one who rarely had to wear them.
I had to wear one for 10 hours 5 days a week before I got vaccinated. It wasnt a big deal. If my job brings them back for the vaccinated I wouldnt like it, but I can wear it with no problem.

Old 07-26-2021, 02:08 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
I had to wear one for 10 hours 5 days a week before I got vaccinated. It wasnt a big deal. If my job brings them back for the vaccinated I wouldnt like it, but I can wear it with no problem.
Thanks for answering. I would love to hear more from others about their experience.

I don’t have to wear them for long so they aren’t a big deal overall to me personally but my kids have to wear them all day everyday at school and for sports and I’m very much against going back to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies