Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what would it take for you to lose it ? masks coming back ? lockdowns? or do you not care?
even if only the masks came back id lose it 45 28.13%
it would have to be at least the lockdowns 28 17.50%
i dont care either way 72 45.00%
i love lockdowns and masks 15 9.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 01:09 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,789,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
They can't seem to understand that things cannot get back to normal until we get the virus under control.
We need to take seriously the real world evidence showing that ivermectin coupled with other treatments such as zinc, antibiotics etc. work and stop putting all of our eggs in the vaccine basket.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:09 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
You could not of said it better. If I can't live free I almost want the government to kill me.
Be careful what you ask for. You might just get it.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Here is a whole list of results from Ivermectin studies:

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelin...bles/table-2c/

Many show no difference between Ivermectin and placebo. Some show modest differences, a few show more significant difference. But none of these studies show ivermectin to be anywhere near as efficacious as the vaccine.
https://youtu.be/QAHi3lX3oGM

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002...084-X/fulltext

Real world evidence shows plenty of benefit. There are reasons for the FDA to mot approve it. The biggest being it would get in the way of the EUA for the vaccine. If there are effective treatments available, you cannot get an EUA for the vaccine. It is one of the main criteria.
https://www.fda.gov/emergency-prepar...-authorization

Old 07-26-2021, 01:18 PM

5,078 posts, read 2,291,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
https://youtu.be/QAHi3lX3oGM

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002...084-X/fulltext

Real world evidence shows plenty of benefit. There are reasons for the FDA to mot approve it. The biggest being it would get in the way of the EUA for the vaccine. If there are effective treatments available, you cannot get an EUA for the vaccine. It is one of the main criteria.
https://www.fda.gov/emergency-prepar...-authorization
I'll add this one. (My bold added.)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/

Quote:
A large majority of randomized and observational controlled trials of ivermectin are reporting repeated, large magnitude improvements in clinical outcomes. Numerous prophylaxis trials demonstrate that regular ivermectin use leads to large reductions in transmission. Multiple, large “natural experiments” occurred in regions that initiated “ivermectin distribution” campaigns followed by tight, reproducible, temporally associated decreases in case counts and case fatality rates compared with nearby regions without such campaigns.

Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.
New studies are also showing Ivermectin used as a preventative could be as effective as the vaccine.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:20 PM

7,467 posts, read 3,594,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Never is a very long time.
Certainly in my lifetime, and I look at these kids being raised with masks and hypersensitive parents and I just don't see it ending

Old 07-26-2021, 01:23 PM

9,550 posts, read 4,375,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I can't believe most people here don't care either way. This virus is making people nuts. How can people not mind wearing a mask? It's uncomfortable and looks so stupid.

The debate is not whether people "mind" wearing a mask. I think masks are uncomfortable and look stupid, but still wear one when required. The debate is whether wearing an uncomfortable/stupid looking mask is worth potentially slowing the spread of a pandemic. To me it is.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:25 PM

7,151 posts, read 12,702,380 times
I won't "lose" it, but will feel sad.

Still, I'll do everything in my power to protect myself, those I love, and the public folks. Got to do our bit.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:26 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Certainly in my lifetime, and I look at these kids being raised with masks and hypersensitive parents and I just don't see it ending
Most of the people who are so worked up into a lather of fear about this virus have attention spans that are comparable with that of a lobotomized ferret. They continue to remain fixated on this because their thought leaders and their "experts" are currently keeping them worked up and fixated on it. At some point, those people will stop doing that and turn their attention elsewhere, and we will be off to some newly crafted crisis.

This too, shall pass.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:39 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,588,488 times
"Lose it"?? People seriously need more to worry about or you lead very boring lives (which may be a plus I suppose).

1 - we were never really in a "lockdown". Anyone who thinks we were needs to open up a newspaper from another part of the world and see what a lockdown really looks like.

2 - I hated wearing a mask, but if I'm asked to, I will. It's a stupid piece of fabric on my face. Don't make a big deal about something so ridiculous.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
"Lose it"?? People seriously need more to worry about or you lead very boring lives (which may be a plus I suppose).

1 - we were never really in a "lockdown". Anyone who thinks we were needs to open up a newspaper from another part of the world and see what a lockdown really looks like.

2 - I hated wearing a mask, but if I'm asked to, I will. It's a stupid piece of fabric on my face. Don't make a big deal about something so ridiculous.
How many hours a day do you wear a mask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies