Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what would it take for you to lose it ? masks coming back ? lockdowns? or do you not care?
even if only the masks came back id lose it 45 28.13%
it would have to be at least the lockdowns 28 17.50%
i dont care either way 72 45.00%
i love lockdowns and masks 15 9.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 12:08 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
?? You’re the one who said that poster proved you right & you said the majority are getting vaccinated. Across the country, that’s not true.
The vulnerable sectors of the population ARE vaccinated. This is nationwide. I live in rural WV and as of last Friday 79.6% of the population over 65 are FULLY vaccinated. Stop with the madness already!

Old 07-26-2021, 12:11 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Again, doesn't matter what you or I say or think. What matters is Delta is spreading and businesses are now taking measures.
It should matter. I think we are making some very big mistakes in our approach. We can’t keep going down this road thinking the vaccine will save us.

Where are the studies in ivermectin? Real world evidence shows it works. It is way past time for a different approach.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:11 PM

13,625 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Why did I bother getting vaccinated if it's totally worthless and I have to put a piece of cloth over my face again?
I might lose it on people who are unvaccinated. Because if we have to go back to masks and shut downs it will be their fault!

Old 07-26-2021, 12:12 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I might lose it on people who are unvaccinated. Because if we have to go back to masks and shut downs it will be their fault!
You’re pointing your finger in the wrong direction.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:20 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
The weak minded are easily manipulated to turn on their fellow man. History proves that. All the media has to do is whip up fervor toward a scapegoat. Those born with a backbone won't fall for it. Sorry to see that your comment proves so many today are lacking one.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:21 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Again, doesn't matter what you or I say or think. What matters is Delta is spreading and businesses are now taking measures.
Most are sick of wearing them. If there are two stores that are similar the store not requiring them is going to thrive while the other one, not so much. The only way would be a govt mandate and our Gov is so worried about getting recalled he'd never pull that trigger again.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:24 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,260,275 times
Like most others who voted, I don't care either way. I've gotten used to using a mask, and working from home, which is saving me hundreds of dollars and hours of time every day. The silver lining in the pandemic, for us, is having more money. The hoarding of sanitizer and toilet paper were only early on at the first lockdown, things have progressed beyond that now.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:25 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Most are sick of wearing them. If there are two stores that are similar the store not requiring them is going to thrive while the other one, not so much. The only way would be a govt mandate and our Gov is so worried about getting recalled he'd never pull that trigger again.
I don't know anyone who isn't sick of wearing a mask, myself included. However, as Covid takes hold, I think we're going to see more and more businesses require them. Just today I saw that Savannah has re-imposed their mask mandate and that several health care providers, including Mayo, are wanting to require vaccines for their healthcare workers. I just now saw a story about an Atlanta restaurant who will not serve unvaccinated patrons. It's probably going to become more prevalent, mask and vaccine requirements.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:32 PM

4,672 posts, read 4,986,842 times
Quote:
I don't know anyone who isn't sick of wearing a mask, myself included. However, as Covid takes hold, I think we're going to see more and more businesses require them. Just today I saw that Savannah has re-imposed their mask mandate and that several health care providers, including Mayo, are wanting to require vaccines for their healthcare workers. I just now saw a story about an Atlanta restaurant who will not serve unvaccinated patrons. It's probably going to become more prevalent, mask and vaccine requirements.
It boggles my mind that anyone could even utter this phase at this point. Covid "took hold" last spring, and possibly before. Now, it is over. There are vaccines for it. It is an endemic virus with strong and predictable seasonal swings.

What it looks like you might mean is permanent biosecurity restrictions will take hold, which I think could go either way. Ostensibly it's still up to the people just how much this stuff worms its way into our lives.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:33 PM

13,625 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think everyone needs to consider moving to a state or area that fits their political ideology.
Maybe right. Then the blue states can protect themselves by closing their borders to anyone trying to come from the red states. We'd have the de facto separation of the country that some on here seem to want, without having to go through a civil war!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies