Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what would it take for you to lose it ? masks coming back ? lockdowns? or do you not care?
even if only the masks came back id lose it 45 28.13%
it would have to be at least the lockdowns 28 17.50%
i dont care either way 72 45.00%
i love lockdowns and masks 15 9.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 11:31 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,080,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Which high-profile politicians or health officials have said COVID is the equivalent of the Bubonic plague. Cite your quotes. (speaking of false equivalencies).

And I did not compare the deseases, I compared the anti-vax response. I could have easily compared people who deny climate change to COVID. The 'problem' is not what's being compared, it's the reaction, the denial. (And please don't try to deflect by talking about whether climate change is real or not. I'm making the comparison of the response to the thing, not the thing itself.)

Not just on these forums, but universally, it seems a lot of people don't understand the concept of an analogy. I run into it at work all the time too.
The response by the government and health authorities didn't equal to dealing with something that will "kill us all" (yes I know that's an exaggeration)? I don't need them to say it, their behavior and restrictions said it. Otherwise, tell me when was the last time government employed this "solution"?

I understood what you were comparing, and I responded to that in my final paragraph. Did you read it?

Finally, when you realize that you have no one to blame but yourself of why there's such a distrust of vaccines and government mandates, the better off you'll be.

Denial is a natural byproduct of force and coercion by the government that derives its authority and power from you, and your ilk.

Old 07-27-2021, 11:34 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,080,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
LMAO. The CDC can't "punish" anyone. You might want to read up on the U.S. Constitution.

Yes, that's the way science works. Data from research changes all the time. Fifth grade science - did you sleep through it?

I know of about a dozen people - 3 personally - neither obese, unhealthy, nor old, who would argue that point.

Unfortunately, they can't. Covid killed them.

Or they're all sitting in their time-out corners, pouting and shrieking: You can't make me!

How ironical.

No logic there. Scientific process changes as new data comes to light. Strike 1.

No, but the vaccine can save you from Covid, even if you are obese or have a chronic health issue. Strike 2.

Do you want "one day" to be next week? Next month? I don't. Strike 3.
God, this is what we're catering to. Sheeple who'll blindly follow any and all...as long as it has "science" in front of it.

Old 07-27-2021, 11:34 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,069,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Doc yes but stores nope i'm in free state of FL!!
"Florida hospital sees most COVID-19 patients since start of pandemic, with over 90% unvaccinated
Officials at the University of Florida Health Jacksonville say they're hitting numbers of COVID-19 patients higher than any they've seen during the pandemic. More than 90% of those patients are unvaccinated, and only roughly 50% of the hospital staff is vaccinated. Manuel Bojorquez reports on the battle in a state that accounts for 1 in 5 of the nation's new coronavirus cases...."

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/florid...nvaccinated/#x

Old 07-27-2021, 11:47 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,069,161 times
I'm done with this conversation but I would like to share my personal experience with the vaccine....

I didn't want to get the vaccination and I wasn't one of the first people.
I understand hesitancy.

But, I got my first Moderna vaccination on March 29th.
My second dose was on April 28th.
(For what it's worth, I would not have taken the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.)

I felt nothing after the first shot.
The day after my second shot, I was under the weather.
It was an immune response.
I understood that the immune response meant that the vaccine was working.
I felt pretty crappy for about 24 hours and after that I was back to normal.
(fyi - it seems that most men don't even notice an immune response and women tend to experience it more.)
Again, it means it's working so it's a good thing!

I'm glad I got the vacccine. I did my part.

Even though I'm fully vaccinated, I've not stopped being cautious when out in public.
I've never stopped wearing a mask when grocery shopping, etc.

I live in a "red state" and I know that there's still a low number of people vaccinated here.
Unfortunately, right now, this state is paying because people have chosen not to get vaccinated.
St. Louis has just enacted another mask mandate and hospitals statewide are filling up again.

I share this hoping that it might make a difference to someone who is on the edge about finally getting the vaccine.

We all want our country and our economy to get past this and for our lives to get back to normal.
We can't move forward as long as Covid is ruling our lives.

Have a nice day,... (and get the vaccine)

WC

Last edited by World Citizen; 07-27-2021 at 12:33 PM..

Old 07-27-2021, 12:18 PM

38,933 posts, read 24,009,392 times
I may lose it. See I've done everything right. When we under the "Stay at Home, Stay Safe, Stay Connected" order in April 2020, I followed that but went out at least once a week. I wore masks (if even a bandana with a cut up air filter) for weeks before masks were reccommended for everyone and mandatory for stores or work. I did this up until after vacation in June where the place was still masked. I masked up even during the Biden rollback. I wore one nearly eight hours on a plane or at work, I don't know how I did this. I wore them at stores, even if I was fully vaccinated. I stopped after my vacation and honestly, I feel fine about it. I got vaccinated and breakthrough cases are not as high if you got a two-stage vaccine like I did.

I honestly don't want to wear a mask. Will I wear one if asked, sure but I would really rather not. I got vaccinated and because I had a two-stage vaccine, I'm at low risk of a breakthrough case. I don't like having to clean my glasses all the time from putting my mask on and it doesn't seal correctly. What I really don't want to see is going back to lockdowns. I don't think it will happen where I live because our governor didn't do it during the June/July or December/January upticks last year. He actually banned school districts from mandating mask wearing.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:20 PM

35,398 posts, read 17,312,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If true, stop pushing the vaccine on people who don’t want it and get on with your life.
Thanks for your willingness to mask everyone else and maybe make them lock down.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:22 PM

4,690 posts, read 5,019,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I may lose it. See I've done everything right. When we under the "Stay at Home, Stay Safe, Stay Connected" order in April 2020, I followed that but went out at least once a week. I wore masks (if even a bandana with a cut up air filter) for weeks before masks were reccommended for everyone and mandatory for stores or work. I did this up until after vacation in June where the place was still masked. I masked up even during the Biden rollback. I wore one nearly eight hours on a plane or at work, I don't know how I did this. I wore them at stores, even if I was fully vaccinated. I stopped after my vacation and honestly, I feel fine about it. I got vaccinated and breakthrough cases are not as high if you got a two-stage vaccine like I did.

I honestly don't want to wear a mask. Will I wear one if asked, sure but I would really rather not. I got vaccinated and because I had a two-stage vaccine, I'm at low risk of a breakthrough case. I don't like having to clean my glasses all the time from putting my mask on and it doesn't seal correctly. What I really don't want to see is going back to lockdowns. I don't think it will happen where I live because our governor didn't do it during the June/July or December/January upticks last year. He actually banned school districts from mandating mask wearing.
^A coherent blue-pill case for masks being over. The red-pill case is "we kept telling you guys this was all going to happen exactly like this, and the reason for rejecting masks is because we need to reject ALL parts of what is clearly some sort of greater agenda."

Maybe we can join forces?

Old 07-27-2021, 12:23 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,828,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Thanks for your willingness to mask everyone else and maybe make them lock down.
I am not asking anyone to mask nor do I support locking down. Your vaccine protects you and only you, in case you didn’t know.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:23 PM

7,550 posts, read 3,671,334 times
Masks are the precursor to lockdowns. Masks will be recommended and enforced by some governors and when that has no effect on the cases, will once again have to shut down businesses and pick and choose which ones get to work and which ones do not.

Naturally there will be people to blame for this like anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers which will be painted as right-wing extremists and not people who like to hang out all hours of the night and party or your kids wrestling match.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:25 PM

13,704 posts, read 9,806,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
That's the problem.... as long as this virus is spreading, we can't move on with life. ...
Quote:
Can't get on with life during a pandemic. ....
We indeed can, if we're willing to accede to the consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
I’m pro vaccine and have been pro mask up until the vaccines became widely available. ...

At this point, the unvaccinated have made their beds. The faster it rips through, the better.
I'm also pro-vaccine (but anti-enforcement). And yes indeed... all together now: LET. IT. RIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I have a plan if I get sick?

Do you plan to go to the hospital???
No. I plan to die.

Quote:
LMAO. The CDC can't "punish" anyone. You might want to read up on the U.S. Constitution.
As should we all. The Constitutional authority of "emergency powers" is debatable at best. I am rather dismayed that there isn't a deeper and more pervasive legal debate on this very issue, at this very moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies