Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 04:57 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,143,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
You don't say.... meanwhile...... no virus spread to see here among the vaccinated.....

35,000 Americans Getting Symptomatic COVID-19 a Week Despite Being Vaccinated: CDC, according to a recent estimate from a top U.S. health agency. (Part of an internal CDC presentation obtained and published by The Washington Post.)

74 Percent of COVID-19 Cases From Massachusetts Outbreak Occurred in Fully Vaccinated People: Study (article in The EPOCH TIMES July 30, 2021, by Zachary Stieber)
Misleading.

Among people who are catching Covid-19 now, the unvaccinated are more likely than the vaccinated, and hospitalizations and deaths are more likely among the unvaccinated than the vaccinated.

Vaccines help.

Recognize reality. Sound public policy and stopping this pandemic cannot happen as long as people deny reality and spread nonsense.

Old 08-01-2021, 05:06 PM

1,093 posts, read 889,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So it's voluntary only as long as people agree to do what the tyrants want? Then the death squads begin pulling people from their homes and from the streets? That doesn't sound very voluntary to me.

https://bongino.com/the-voluntary-ph...rify-everyone/

And he also calls it "kind and compassionate"? Comply or else...

https://nypost.com/2021/07/27/de-bla...ovid-vaccines/
Heil Dictor! Democrats worship government and want total control. They believe that only government can fix it and only government knows the right thing to do.

When Republicans say that voluntary compliance is enough, Democrats scream that they are telling people to not get the shot.

I voluntarily got the shots. But I carefully researched it first, because I have had bad reactions to vaccines in the past.

Getting the shots was another problem. The place I went to get the shots had totally abandoned standard handicap access requirements because of the high volume of people getting the shots. There were very few wheelchairs, and people had to STAND in line or lose their place.

Old 08-01-2021, 05:08 PM

1,093 posts, read 889,544 times
If they really want people to get the shots, stop calling them "the jab" in the news.

Old 08-01-2021, 05:09 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,033,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I agree every american should be upset at the potential that the government can force you to take anything you don't want to. That is a deeply terrifying anti american step that cannot go unchallenged.

Today it is covid but tomorrow it might be something the libs don't want injected into them.

There was an amendment in the constitution that protected citizens from government over reach, I forget the the actual language of it but something about a free state and people keeping and bearing arms wasn't supposed to be infringed.

Old 08-01-2021, 05:14 PM

7,685 posts, read 8,779,944 times
The voluntary phase of returning theft of city funds is over.

Old 08-01-2021, 05:51 PM

24,690 posts, read 17,427,197 times
This is what I was talking about in a topic I created about motivation to get the shot. The Feds are dangling the carrot (rewards) if you get it but they are also threatening the stick if you don't.

It sounds like DeBlasio is getting ready to swing the club.

Typical of a Democrat actually. If you do not agree with them they call you names like racist and deplorable. If you still don't comply they lash out with violence like being berated and beat up for wearing MAGA hat.

Old 08-01-2021, 05:55 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,692,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This is what I was talking about in a topic I created about motivation to get the shot. The Feds are dangling the carrot (rewards) if you get it but they are also threatening the stick if you don't.

It sounds like DeBlasio is getting ready to swing the club.

Typical of a Democrat actually. If you do not agree with them they call you names like racist and deplorable. If you still don't comply they lash out with violence like being berated and beat up for wearing MAGA hat.
Exactly. He's a candy ***** when it comes to crime, but wants to play hardball with this? He's worried about people's safety....but only when as it applies to Covid? What a hypocrite.

Old 08-01-2021, 05:56 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,805,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Exactly. He's a candy ***** when it comes to crime, but wants to play hardball with this? He's worried about people's safety....but only when as it applies to Covid? What a hypocrite.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. In one interview he compared un-vaxxed people to criminals. Which is odd, because he doesn't even think actual criminals are criminals.

Old 08-01-2021, 06:00 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,692,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I was thinking exactly the same thing. In one interview he compared un-vaxxed people to criminals. Which is odd, because he doesn't even think actual criminals are criminals.
Maybe he'll arrest all the unvaccinated and let them out on the streets again.

Old 08-01-2021, 06:33 PM

38,936 posts, read 24,001,717 times
I do not like de Blasio. That said, I think he is mistaken but what he said is true. "The voluntary phase is over" means that we cannot do things voluntary. We do not see enough people doing the right thing. We do not see people who are wearing masks if they are not vaccinated. We do not see enough people getting vaccinated. In plain English, we are hitting a tipping point, especially due to the expanded cases of the Delta variant, that we need to start doing the right thing. I'm offended as someone who did the right thing and masked up for 13 months, that I need to mask up because people are not doing the right thing and instead putting us in a spot that we all need to wear masks again. I wish I did not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies