Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 11:28 AM

13,467 posts, read 4,301,426 times

Advertisements

Democrats here are full of b.s. Trump lost because the economy closed during an election that drove unemployment above 15%. Without the pandemic, Trump doesn't lose with a 3.5% unemployment.

They threw the kitchen sink at Trump from impeachment and closing down the economy and Democrats could only win 25 states and win the EC by less than 0.5%. How much is worth for an incumbent President to go from 15% unemployment to 3.5%? 2% to 3% min. and he would have won the electoral.

Even the Democrats don't like Biden. He was trashed and was rejected twice badly during 2 Democrat primaries. He won because they told him to lay down and let the shutting down the economy decide the election. Most people that lose their jobs vote for the challenger. That was the 0.5% difference that decided the election in the E.C. in 3 states. Biden has experienced on what? B.S.

He had a platform of empty promises? He has been in government since I was 2 yrs. old and I just turned 50. So Democrats believe the cr@p Biden and the DNC put on a piece of paper? thanks for the laugh.

Old 08-03-2021, 11:32 AM

2,367 posts, read 910,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
A lot changes in 4 years. Certainly Trump had no answer for a pandemic. He had no answer for the failures of his 2016 platform. He had no answer for how he was going to continue his successes of his 2016 platform. He had nothing.
How to deal with a pandemic is not what "political platform" means. A platform is a set of principle goals, a sort of manifesto. That should not change.

Old 08-03-2021, 11:33 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,379,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Causing a border crisis isn’t doing a great job on covid
Jobs, because people are going back to work because the shutdowns had been lifted
Trump actually was returning lands to native people and what exactly how is Biden helping them
Violence against women stopped? When?
Police quitting and defunding the police isn’t stopping crime, did he forget south Chicago?
Where is the evidence of your other claims?
We have a small business and so far nada from Biden, did great under Trump though.
Still have homeless in Democratic cities and it’s getting worse
The others I haven’t seen no evidence
Businesses are still closing and having hard time getting workers

Reality, Biden has done squat….
My post was in response to your statement that Biden had no platform and I demonstrated that he indeed had one. Now you’re just pivoting.

Old 08-03-2021, 11:36 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You can say a lot of thing about Trump, and Democrats do! A Lot!
But saying he lost "because he had no platform" has to rank among the most ludicrous of statements.
Correct. It's true, he had a very limited (not "no") platform, but he lost because the American people are BETTER THAN THAT. They saw what he had to offer, and rejected it for a second term. That simple.

Old 08-03-2021, 11:37 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Democrats here are full of b.s. Trump lost because the economy closed during an election that drove unemployment above 15%. Without the pandemic, Trump doesn't lose with a 3.5% unemployment.

They threw the kitchen sink at Trump from impeachment and closing down the economy and Democrats could only win 25 states and win the EC by less than 0.5%. How much is worth for an incumbent President to go from 15% unemployment to 3.5%? 2% to 3% min. and he would have won the electoral.

Even the Democrats don't like Biden. He was trashed and was rejected twice badly during 2 Democrat primaries. He won because they told him to lay down and let the shutting down the economy decide the election. Most people that lose their jobs vote for the challenger. That was the 0.5% difference that decided the election in the E.C. in 3 states. Biden has experienced on what? B.S.

He had a platform of empty promises? He has been in government since I was 2 yrs. old and I just turned 50. So Democrats believe the cr@p Biden and the DNC put on a piece of paper? thanks for the laugh.
Trump was losing regardless of the economy or unemployment numbers.

I seriously doubt people who were going to vote for Trump stoped because unemployment jumped.

People didn’t vote for Trump because he was a dirtbag who threw his own people under the bus anytime they didn’t show loyalty. His twitter fingers are why he lost.

He also lost because he told his own supporters not to use mail-in voting which was dumb as hell. I truly believe Trump thought if he had a lead on Tuesday he could simply claim victory and win.

Old 08-03-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81
A lot changes in 4 years. Certainly Trump had no answer for a pandemic. He had no answer for the failures of his 2016 platform. He had no answer for how he was going to continue his successes of his 2016 platform. He had nothing.

You Dems crack me up. We have a world wide pandemic that is airborne with NO vaccine in 2020. You dems wanted to shut down the whole thing and then complain why the economy went down. You can't have it both ways. Dems wanted Trump to start crying every day with a violin and shut down the economy, pay more money for people to stay at home and keep unemployment at 3.5%. What was the Dems plan since it worked for well in New York, Michigan and N.J.

Trump had a direct platform. Cut taxes, cut regulations and enforced our immigration laws and deal with China which Biden and the Democrats have knee pads when it comes to China while fighting woke tsunami that is destroying this nation. That's a lot better than the wish list Democrats threw out that you know it was full if b.s and Biden won't even even 15%.

Old 08-03-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Trump was losing regardless of the economy or unemployment numbers.

I seriously doubt people who were going to vote for Trump stoped because unemployment jumped.

People didn’t vote for Trump because he was a dirtbag who threw his own people under the bus anytime they didn’t show loyalty. His twitter fingers are why he lost.

He also lost because he told his own supporters not to use mail-in voting which was dumb as hell. I truly believe Trump thought if he had a lead on Tuesday he could simply claim victory and win.

PEOPLE vote with their pockets and going from 3.5% unemployment (sure win) to 15% and the stock going south is the #1 issue if an incumbent President is elected.

Yeah, you make sense. They voted against Trump because he was a dirtbag by voting for Biden who is a dirtbag and a liar since 1973. Thanks for the laugh.

Economy is always the #1 issue in an election, not your TDS.

Old 08-03-2021, 11:50 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
PEOPLE vote with their pockets and going from 3.5% unemployment (sure win) to 15% and the stock going south is the #1 issue if an incumbent President is elected.

Yeah, you make sense. They voted against Trump because he was a dirtbag by voting for Biden who is a dirtbag and a liar since 1973. Thanks for the laugh.

Economy is always the #1 issue in an election, not your TDS.
You really believe this....that is pretty laughable

Old 08-03-2021, 12:33 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You can say a lot of thing about Trump, and Democrats do! A Lot!
But saying he lost "because he had no platform" has to rank among the most ludicrous of statements.
Well, Trump's answer to Hannity's question of what his platform was about certainly ranked among the most most ludicrous statements Trump ever made.

Old 08-03-2021, 12:36 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It is true that he didn't have a compelling platform that could win the independent vote. But that's not the only reason he lost. He spent much of his efforts focused on his base; in effect preaching to the converted. I think this was a consequence of his massive ego. His rallies were focused on the group that somehow found him adorable. It only drew people who were going to vote for him anyway. Many people outside that group likely didn't find him very compelling. This particularly showed during the pandemic.
And the Democrats don't pander to their base?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies