Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 08:09 AM

585 posts, read 495,755 times

Advertisements

I don’t think it’s legal but I think there will be a point were you won’t be able to go anywhere without showing your vaccine card and I think it’s scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 08:19 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,181,689 times
Those places will lose business. Even people who are vaccinated have friends who are not so of course they go with them to places that let everyone in as they are not going to places that just let in the vaccinated if they cannot be with people they like hanging out with. And also some even though they are vaccinated just out of protest are not going to places that will not let in those who are not

Old 08-05-2021, 08:31 AM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
I am waiting for more history before I vaccinate IF I vaccinate. However, I am not concerned at this point about mandates for myself personally for the following reasons:

1. I live in a very small and very rural community. I doubt if any of the local restaurants (for example) are going to demand that customers show proof of vaccination. (There are no local gyms, no sports arenas except for the high school, and very few large entertainment venues. Most people walk or go on their boats for recreation.)

2. If restaurants do demand such proof, I think they will lose a lot of business. According to ABC News, 30% of people are not vaccinated. https://abcnews.go.com/US/us-passes-...ry?id=78915871 . A 30% loss of business is not something that I think most restaurants will tolerate for very long. (Personally, if it is a matter of either vaccinating or not going to restaurants, I will stay home.)

However, IF it gets to the point that people can't get medical/dental care (for themselves or for their pets) or that they will be forbidden to go to grocery stores, that will be a completely different issue! However, I have not YET seen anything that says that these restrictions are even being considered.

Last edited by katharsis; 08-05-2021 at 09:06 AM..

Old 08-05-2021, 08:37 AM

585 posts, read 495,755 times
I agree. I am in a large liberal metropolitan area. So definitely can imagine more mandates. I am not vaccinated yet. I want it to be approved by the FDA before I consider it. I also had Covid and still have antibodies. How can places mandate a vaccine that isn’t approved by the FDA or for children under 12.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:39 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I don’t think it’s legal but I think there will be a point were you won’t be able to go anywhere without showing your vaccine card and I think it’s scary.
I think it’s scary too. I am worried about it.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:41 AM

25,763 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Yes. And right now those mandates are implemented with the covid excuse. Since that is working so well, the powers that be will soon be mandating with no excuse at all. And most everyone will fall right into line, just like they've been doing all along. What a WONDERFUL experiment in social control this has turned out to be for the authoritarian collectivists.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:50 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Israel’s Green pass and high vaccination rate didn’t seem to help them. They are still getting ready to lockdown again. https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/co...to-meet-675707

Vaccine mandates aren’t going to save us from covid. I hope people will realize that.

Old 08-05-2021, 02:22 PM

6,126 posts, read 3,351,401 times
Not sure why everyone is worried about a harmless vaccine? I agree that it’s probably nothing more than a placebo, but the odds of it hurting you in anyway is basically nil.

I’ve already had the vaccine shots months ago. I’m fine.

I also think masks are worthless, but it doesn’t bother me to wear it.

The thing I do have a problem with are lockdowns, though. Those are useless too, and I refuse to be locked down any further. I will go where I want to, and let the chips fall where they may.

Old 08-05-2021, 02:46 PM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Not sure why everyone is worried about a harmless vaccine? I agree that it’s probably nothing more than a placebo, but the odds of it hurting you in anyway is basically nil.

I’ve already had the vaccine shots months ago. I’m fine.

I also think masks are worthless, but it doesn’t bother me to wear it.

The thing I do have a problem with are lockdowns, though. Those are useless too, and I refuse to be locked down any further. I will go where I want to, and let the chips fall where they may.
Wow, are you misinformed! Although the numbers vary widely, it is indisputable than MANY people have already been hurt by the injections.

FROM THE LINK BELOW, my italics: "This is worth keeping in mind, as the same applies to reported COVID-19 vaccine side effects, which as of April 23, 2021, included a total of 118,902 adverse events, 12,618 of which were serious and 3,544 of which died.15

"As tragic as those numbers are, these too represent an undercount, as the U.S. vaccine adverse event reporting system (VAERS) is a passive surveillance system that relies on voluntary reporting. Historically, less than 10% of vaccine side effects are reported to VAERS. An investigation by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services put it as low as 1%."

https://undercurrents723949620.wordp...-side-effects/

Old 08-05-2021, 02:50 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,758 times
Quote:
Everyday it seems there are more mandates. Do you think it will be universal soon?
Yes soon everything will be mandated for everyone. Except for a few because "some animals are more equal than others "

Beets and unseasoned chicken for dinner for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies