Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 01:31 PM

21,151 posts, read 19,736,448 times

Advertisements

Thanks to Donald Trump, I'm troubled about the Cheneys, Bushes, McCains, Romneys and all the other RINOs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 01:33 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
I am deeply troubled that I find myself agreeing with the likes of Dick Cheney and his daughter.

Truly, up is down these days.

Old 08-05-2021, 01:37 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This whole thread is extremely misleading. The title of the article linked in the OP is actually:

Liz Cheney says her father is 'deeply troubled' about the state of the Republican Party

So, we do not actually have even a single quote from former Vice President Dick Cheney, only from his daughter Liz, who is in big political trouble right now and is apparently concerned about what appears to be the imminent end of her political career - at the hand of typically Republican voters in her own state of Wyoming.

In any case, the article tells us what Liz Cheney thinks. If Dick Cheney wants to come out and make a statement or give an interview, I am sure there are a lot of people who would be interested in that, including myself. As far as what Liz thinks about what her father thinks, not so much.
Yup, and nowhere does she say what he is troubled about. This is why people do not like current news reporting, they don't report on the news, it's all vague opinions used to troll whatever the author of the news article wants to beat up on or tarnish.

Old 08-05-2021, 01:37 PM

19,814 posts, read 9,376,760 times
If his daughter was not such a turncoat POS, we might not be in the situation we are in now.

I am not a Trump supporter, but I doubt that we would be discussing vaccine passports or vaccine mandates if Trump was still in office.

Old 08-05-2021, 01:38 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I am deeply troubled that I find myself agreeing with the likes of Dick Cheney and his daughter.

Truly, up is down these days.
Way to add to the conversation. Can ya be any more vague? Survey says - 'no.'

Old 08-05-2021, 01:38 PM

19,814 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Thought this guy was dead?

(I don't want to be banned.)

Old 08-05-2021, 01:40 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...-status-of-the

How does this make you feel?

Do you support Cheney? Do you agree?

Is the republican party worse now than it was in 2003?
He should be more troubled about all the Iraqis who died and all the U.S. troops who died and all those from both sides who have endured permanent injuries as a result of the lies he peddled in 2001-2003.

Old 08-05-2021, 01:48 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...-status-of-the

How does this make you feel?

Do you support Cheney? Do you agree?

Is the republican party worse now than it was in 2003?
Actually, Liz Cheney said that Dick Cheney said that.

The Republican Party has adapted and changed with the times. The Democrats have challenged every election they lost for decades, even when it was obvious that they lost. And for decades, the Republicans never challenged elections, even when it was obvious that the Dems cheated. I think adopting the Democrat's approach and standing you for yourself on elections is a better approach. Our elections deserve due scrutiny no matter who wins or loses. The old Republican Party did a terrible job at trying to connect with minorities. That too has changed recently and there is a significant effort to improve the lives and circumstances of black and brown people by the Republicans. I'd say that's a wonderful change. Trump is the first president since Jimmy Carter that did not open a new war and/or military conflict zone during his presidency. I'd say that's a wonderful thing and a good change for Republicans. Trump proactively took steps to bring jobs back to the USA, despite stubborn opposition by both parties. Newer Republicans are likely to mirror his approach there. That's a fantastic idea. In the face of bipartisan opposition, Trump actually tried to secure our southern border and did a pretty good job. If the new Republicans copy him there, that's a good move as well. The old Republican Party was the party of the rich elites. The new Republican Party is a lot more interested in working class Americans and the Dems have enthusiastically grabbed the role of "party of rich elites and giant mega-corporations" for themselves. I'd say that too is a good change for Republicans.

In what way has the GOP changed or the worse? I'd really love to know.

Old 08-05-2021, 01:51 PM

8,772 posts, read 5,065,317 times
If he is not indeed dead....can`t he speak for himself?

Old 08-05-2021, 01:53 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Can only see the thread title (thank you ignore list) and normally wouldn't comment in this person's threadbut the idea of Dick Cheney being "troubled about the state of the Republican Party" is music to my eyes and I'm too elated about reading that to keep quiet at the moment. Thank you for the wonderful news!
Interesting.

You claim to think you’re intellectually superior to……what was it…..98% of posters ?……yet you have so many on ignore that no posts were coming up in this thread.

Why are you sensitive enough to have anyone on ignore ? Why would anything your ‘intellectual inferiors’ have to say about anything upset you enough/cause enough of a reaction in you for any reason to care what any of them have to say about anything ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies