Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 09:57 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,844,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
The same idiots who voted for Banjo Boy Biden.
I think it's all about what you have in your pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 10:20 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
I believe you mean the surreality of today.

Definition of surreal
1 : marked by the intense irrational reality of a dream also : unbelievable, fantastic having the qualities of surrealism; bizarre.
"a surreal mix of fact and fantasy"

Definition of reality
1: the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.
"he refuses to face reality"

Translation: You got a dick, you ain't a chick. This is reality regardless if it is yesterday's, today's or tomorrow's world.

For crying out loud, don't be so offended by facts.
You are a 100% correct.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:47 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Honestly, I think that the trans community has done a whole lot of violating the non-aggression principal of late. "You have the right to do whatever you want unless and until you start hurting or infringing upon the rights of others." Biological men demanding access to women's changing rooms, participation in women's sports, and to be fully treated as biological women when they are not biological women and have zero lived experience being biological women. You essentially have drag-queens who now insist that men must date them and have sex with them, and nevermind that they don't have an actual vagina or any legitimate biological female parts. Trans opinions have been elevated to being more important than those of women an minorities. They demand that nobody can ever criticize them, and absolutely no jokes or disparaging remarks allowed!! Children who are way to young to have any clue about their "gender identity" are having trans identity brainwashing crammed down their throats and permanent changes to their biology done. At the same age where many kids say they're a cat or a dog or a dinosaur, a boy saying "I'm a girl" or a girl saying "I'm a boy!" is being taken deadly seriously.

Most of us have no issue with letting a bunch of delusional people live in their delusions. If their therapists and doctors feel that they are best helped by trying to look as much like their delusion as possible, fine and well. But we should at least be sure that this is true and that the people they're trying to help legitimately need what they're selling. But real harm is being done and the rights of non-trans are being trampled. Biological women have already been raped several times by biological men who they were force to share their spaces with. Biological male athletes have deprived biological females of athletic scholarships and opportunities.

In coming decades, the fallout from people who realize that they were never trans and were swept up in the cultural zeitgeist will be massive. A whole lot of people who think they're really smart right now will be sued into oblivion. A whole lot of people will detransition and try to salvage something of the wreckage of their lives.

We already have a whole lot of detransitioning folks out there. Clearly the professionals have been far too enthusiastic pushing their agenda and they're actually doing real harm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC7E...=RivalMaverick
+ 1000

Old 08-10-2021, 10:59 AM

3,080 posts, read 3,266,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
The correct pronoun is whatever the individual wants to be called. Times are changing. This shift is similar to how times changed when being left handed stopped being considered 'unnatural'.

I understand a number of people disagree with this. That doesn't change the reality of today.
Not a good analogy. You are referring to 'acceptance' of a particular set of traits of an individual. There are biological traits and there are learned/acquired traits, but in the end your example refers to society accepting the presence of the trait. To go by your analogy, we could stop at folks acknowledging that there are individuals that relate to a particular gender strongly enough to take on various attributes of that gender and accepting that as 'normal'. However, that stops very short of what much of the conversation is about today, and that is the actual transformation of linguistic, societal and legal policies to accommodate those folks.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:36 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,228,838 times
"mass psychosis"

It's happened before and it will happen again but you need to recognize that it's also happening NOW on a couple different fronts.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:54 PM

293 posts, read 191,779 times
His statement "you're nuts" can be considered offensive.

Old 08-10-2021, 02:47 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
I thought the guy was probably a bit harsher than he should have been, but I also get sense that trans person is probably one of those tyrant types that expect everyone to just go along with the program and she's probably obnoxious about it. Just based on the guy keep saying that no one wants to confront her etc etc.

I'll call people whatever they like as long as they are polite about it. You start ramming opinions down people's throats you'll get this kind of pushback. The old man has every right to his views, I don't begrudge him that.

He wasn't pulling any punches that's for sure.

According to the DSM gender dysphoria is an actual diagnosis of a mental health issue as far as I know. I guess we're all supposed to pretend and go along the program. Whatever, I'll play if people are civil. Otherwise a big dude packing a penis and stomping around in high heels is just that, a big dude stopping around in high heels.

Jim Norton has a bit where he talks about this and he says, "Just don't look at the feet"

Old 08-10-2021, 03:09 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
His statement "you're nuts" can be considered offensive.
Facts don't care about your feelings.

Old 08-10-2021, 03:13 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
We drove up to Westport Saturday for a road trip, and happened to pass by the protests in front of that store in Aberdeen about noon. Fortunately the protesters stayed mainly on the sidewalk, but loud with their shouting and gesturing at each other. We were stuck there at the signal light right next to them. At that time the supporters of the store owner outnumbered the protesters by about double.

Old 08-10-2021, 03:13 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
He’s not only a man, he’s a well built man. There is plenty of testosterone flowing through that dudes system. He needs psychological help, not skirts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies