Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2021, 01:20 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You’re answering why you care about the specific situation. You’re still deflecting, as that’s not what I asked.

My question is intended to be universal……Why do you personally care (generally, so that is clearer for you) about someone else’s self perception (to be crystal clear, when it isn’t having any inherent impact upon you personally) ?
As long as they are not trying to force other people to participate in their delusion, my words to them would be very simple: "Live your best life and do what makes you happy." In fact, I've had that very amicable conversation with a transgender woman that I worked with, and whom I enjoyed talking politics with. He was a Lefty and we got along fine in spite of our differences of opinion.

But that's not what we're talking about, is it? It is currently considered bigotry to not want to date and have sex with a man LARPing as a woman. That's not okay. They claim the right to harass, abuse and bully others in order to compel them to never point out the obvious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dofx...nnel=RonPowers

Lefties sure do get all high and mighty when they think that people on the Right are ignoring science, fact and reality when it comes to Climate Change. They're not wrong about that. There are a lot of Righties who are delusional and in complete denial of reality there. But that issue is at least massively complex. Fake men and fake women are not complex at all. If you were born with penis, congratulations you're a man. If you're born with a vagina, lucky you you're a woman. That's how we've differentiated between men and women for thousands of years. Now a bunch of people on the Left are demanding that we forget science, reality an human history. They demand that we all participate in a mass-delusion, under penalty of violence and destroying every aspect of your life. That's not okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 01:21 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
where? cite it.

mindlessly bleating 'oh the irony' is the weakest of sauces.
It’s the same milieu.

Gender, sexuality, and sexual orientation are subjects that are intertwined.

Your thinking that there is enough of a difference between the subject of this thread (which you obviously care about) and the subject the other poster mentioned (that you quoted and derided/mocked caring about) that would put the two in separate unrelated lanes of thought is cute, and also ludicrous.

Old 08-08-2021, 01:44 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As long as they are not trying to force other people to participate in their delusion, my words to them would be very simple: "Live your best life and do what makes you happy." In fact, I've had that very amicable conversation with a transgender woman that I worked with, and whom I enjoyed talking politics with. He was a Lefty and we got along fine in spite of our differences of opinion.
Did your transgender former co-worker ask you the questions I asked you that you are still deflecting from and haven’t answered)?

I’ll try asking yet another way…..Why do you personally care about someone else’s self perception (in and of itself, which doesn’t require any outward action that impacts anyone else ?…..Do you care because you think that the person won’t be able to stay in physical control in order to keep that self perception from impacting others ?

Quote:
But that's not what we're talking about, is it? It is currently considered bigotry to not want to date and have sex with a man LARPing as a woman. That's not okay. They claim the right to harass, abuse and bully others in order to compel them to never point out the obvious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dofx...nnel=RonPowers

Lefties sure do get all high and mighty when they think that people on the Right are ignoring science, fact and reality when it comes to Climate Change. They're not wrong about that. There are a lot of Righties who are delusional and in complete denial of reality there. But that issue is at least massively complex. Fake men and fake women are not complex at all. If you were born with penis, congratulations you're a man. If you're born with a vagina, lucky you you're a woman. That's how we've differentiated between men and women for thousands of years. Now a bunch of people on the Left are demanding that we forget science, reality an human history. They demand that we all participate in a mass-delusion, under penalty of violence and destroying every aspect of your life. That's not okay.
My questions are what I’m talking about.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you re your content below what I bolded, but those are straw men that I wasn’t arguing with asking my questions.

Old 08-08-2021, 02:20 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Did your transgender former co-worker ask you the questions I asked you that you are still deflecting from and haven’t answered)?

I’ll try asking yet another way…..Why do you personally care about someone else’s self perception (in and of itself, which doesn’t require any outward action that impacts anyone else ?…..Do you care because you think that the person won’t be able to stay in physical control in order to keep that self perception from impacting others ?

My questions are what I’m talking about.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you re your content below what I bolded, but those are straw men that I wasn’t arguing with asking my questions.
Why are you asking questions that I've already answered?? Why are you insisting that I'm "deflecting" when I'm not? My former coworker never blathered on and on about "bla, bla, bla, deflecting." I guess he just understood plain old English better than you.

I did in fact already answer your question. If somebody wants to live in their delusion then I wish them well and hope they live the best life they can. If they want to actually ask my honest opinion, then I'll be honest with them. If you're a woman pretending you're a cat and you want the unvarnished truth, I'll tell you that you are not in fact a cat. If you're a man who thinks that slapping on some makeup, a dress and a wig makes you a woman, I got no issue with you. If you ask me whether I think you're really a woman, I'll kindly and politely tell you that no I don't think you're a woman, but you go ahead and live the best life you know how to. How you perceive yourself doesn't actually bother me.

But what we're reacting to here just happens to be an actual a man in a wig, makeup and a dress who is going out of his way to bully and harass somebody for making an insanely obvious statement of fact. The dude in a dress sought out the store owner and confronted them, not the other way around. The man in the dress is there to to tell the store owner that reality isn't reality, science isn't valid, biology is irrelevant and how dare you put words on a sign saying otherwise. He's putting it on camera in hopes that angry mobs will descend upon the store, punishing the wicked heretic and burning him at the proverbial stake.

Old 08-08-2021, 02:55 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
The correct pronoun is whatever the individual wants to be called. Times are changing. This shift is similar to how times changed when being left handed stopped being considered 'unnatural'.

I understand a number of people disagree with this. That doesn't change the reality of today.
Your analogy to left handedness is horrendous.

Nobody who was left handed was delusional about being left handed. Hell in most schools it's still hard to get a left handed desk-an actual physical need for 10 percent or so of students and we're supposed to bend over backwards for people pretending they're something that they aren't? No thanks.

You can literally make your terrible analogy about anything

"Well there was a time where being left handed was considered a terrible thing just like being a pedophile but that will change also"

It makes zero sense

Old 08-08-2021, 02:58 AM

20,646 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Dude thinks he's a lady!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE

(S)he can believe whatever they want. But has no right to insist on what others need to believe.

You don't like the sign inside the business, go somewhere else.

Old 08-08-2021, 04:58 AM

24,626 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
The correct pronoun is whatever the individual wants to be called. Times are changing.
I want to be called a rich oil Arab.

When liberals accept “trans-racial” like it does “trans-gender” then I will believe their delusion is sincere.

Old 08-08-2021, 05:05 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
You’re answering why you care about the specific situation. You’re still deflecting, as that’s not what I asked.

My question is intended to be universal……Why do you personally care (generally, so that is clearer for you) about someone else’s self perception (to be crystal clear, when it isn’t having any inherent impact upon you personally) ?
Why do you keep trolling? If anyone is deflecting you are. Explanations have been given but you keep niggling and I'm not sure that the harassing is actually within the rules here.

Old 08-08-2021, 05:46 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good for the store owner, the shame attempt ended up backfiring.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/not-chick...200800951.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh-Z5e2lsP0
"a biological male who identifies as a woman"

When was his last period?

I don't give damn what people call themselves.

If you have PENIS, you are MALE.

If you have VAGINA, you are FEMALE.

NOTHING can change that

Old 08-08-2021, 05:55 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

I don't give damn what people call themselves.

If you have PENIS, you are MALE.

If you have VAGINA, you are FEMALE.

NOTHING can change that
Some of you might want to rethink your insistence on that.

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001669.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies