Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 04:20 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Have you, many of you that is, not considered that hermaphrodites are only the cases that are extreme enough to be physically visible.
Have you not considered that whatever the cause is that there may be people who suffer from the same or similar, gender issues that are not visible? Issues that still exist, but in a less severe condition in people who only have visible male or female organs. Chromosome or hormone problems perhaps, things YOU all can't see, because only the most severe cases manifest signs of being intersexed, while less severe cases won't necessarily have visible signs.
Thank you, I couldn’t remember what it was called. Them I understand, others I believe it’s a mental health problem. If they want to dress like a woman or man, have at it, but Trying to make it normal is going to open up a lot of issues, like sports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 05:15 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
His statement "you're nuts" can be considered offensive.
But it’s not. It’s the truth. Act nuts and be ready to be called nuts.

Old 08-10-2021, 05:42 PM

293 posts, read 191,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
But it’s not. It’s the truth. Act nuts and be ready to be called nuts.

https://www.webmd.com/sex/features/t...-what-it-means

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...s/art-20266812

Seems some on here sound like trump supporting boomers.

Old 08-10-2021, 05:52 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Times are changing. This shift is similar to how times changed when being left handed stopped being considered 'unnatural'.
I'm not sure if you could have thought of a more off base comparison.

Did the trans-handed people threaten to call the police or have people lose their business or jobs for telling them they are in fact left handed?

Old 08-10-2021, 06:06 PM

16,077 posts, read 21,159,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
I think that was the question I asked. How many are we talking about?
Probably not as many as identify, but more than a lot of people realize. Since it's not visible it would require testing to know, something I doubt happens very often, so we probably won't really know. I've read there is speculation that toxins in the environment may play a part, so it makes sense that there would be an increase in the number of cases of this being an actual physical issue and not just mental health.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:26 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I'm not sure if you could have thought of a more off base comparison.

Did the trans-handed people threaten to call the police or have people lose their business or jobs for telling them they are in fact left handed?
People were forced to go against what came naturally (forced to use their right hand when they were left handed), just like today people are forced to live as the same gender as their biological sex, when in fact their gender differs from their sex.

I'm a straight male (sex and gender), but given transgender people aren't harming anyone by being themselves, I struggle to see why people like the old man in the original post get so upset.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:35 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
"Look at yourself. For Chrissakes!"

Oh, man, I burst out laughing at that! What kind of idiots would vote for someone like that who is so obviously delusional?!

(And, btw, I do think, based on what I have read, that some people ARE transgendered, but I would bet money that the person in the video is mentally ill. Anyone who would go out in public like that, man or woman, is not "right in the head", as my grandmother would say.)

That is a pretty loud outfit, but she has nothing on my great Aunt Ellen, God rest her soul. She used to have these neon hot pants she'd wear. In all different colors. Though she did it to embarrass my Grandpa more than anything. They were partners in Euchre and Bridge tournaments, and when he went to pick her up she'd have these outrageous pants on. At the time, I was too young to understand why it was so funny, but it's hilarious looking back now. Sorry to veer off topic, but you triggered a memory and I thought I'd share.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:44 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
People were forced to go against what came naturally (forced to use their right hand when they were left handed), just like today people are forced to live as the same gender as their biological sex, when in fact their gender differs from their sex.

I'm a straight male (sex and gender), but given transgender people aren't harming anyone by being themselves, I struggle to see why people like the old man in the original post get so upset.
Well of course the opposite is true.

People aren't being forced to live the gender they feel like they aren't. They are encouraged and supported, including young children. That support extends to the point that if one voices the fact that transitioning doesn't change your Gender/Sex (same thing) people would like that to become a "hate crime" and that has occurred in other Countries. And until the hate crime comes into effect, the punishment is "cancelation".

As to the old man, I suspect his small protest is as much a local political issue as it is around his feelings on gender dysphoria. His was a targeted protest against this particular councillor who I understand (based on a comment in this thread) was dressing as a man when elected.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:44 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have no problems with transgender people. Most just want to be treated with human decency. This said, this particular transgender person is overreacting.

I'd probably be called a conformist by trans activists who are the in your face type, not that I care what they think about me. But I learned a long time ago that it's best to not rock the boat you are sitting in. She could have ignored the sign. I would have. Other people's opinions of me are really none of my business.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:45 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
or, one could ask for factual information, of which your 2 links are lacking.

Except the 2017 webmd link says 700K are openly transgender. Doesn't really define it (meaning do they "feel a different gender", do they wish to "dress a different gender", or are they "going all the way").

But if the # was 700K in 2017, that's 0.3% of 250MM adults. According to more recent surveys, when "non-hetero" has become more popular, the T in LGBTQ hasn't really changed. In fact, there appears to be significant backlash within the community against trans people. Alternatively, we're anecdotally seeing all kinds of multiples of that % of people < 25 identifying as trans.

The best and simplest explanation (I think professional arguers call it Occam's Razor) is that younger people like to rebel against parents/authority. To shock and surprise them. And "gay" is completely mainstream now, so they have to ratchet it up a level to try and get a reaction.

20 years ago, it was pink hair or "non-traditional" piercings. A decade ago, it was gay or numerous/visible tattoos. Now, the only bullet left is even further afield. Truly, 10 years from now, perhaps it will be "I am a dog".

Does anyone REALLY believe someone that even says "I'm non-binary" or "I'm asexual" or any of the other 40 things they can say to get a reaction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies