Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2021, 07:46 AM

8,213 posts, read 3,760,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You can’t have a safe evacuation by freeing thousands of ISIS prisoners and forcing 6,000 troops to be sitting ducks surrounded by terrorists. End of story.

But you’re more than welcome to tell 26 parents that their child’s death was “inevitable” and this was the “only plan.”
It is a war. A war that should have ended long time ago.

https://www.defense.gov/casualty.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 08:25 AM

18,336 posts, read 26,596,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
It is a war. A war that should have ended long time ago.

https://www.defense.gov/casualty.pdf
They died because we have an idiot making decisions right now. Their deaths were avoidable.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:37 AM

24,680 posts, read 13,105,234 times
Quote:
No, I don't believe that. However it is beyond me why any non essential stayed past May (actually should have left prior to that) putting everybody else in danger afterwards. The deal was made February 2020. The end.
Why do you keep referring to the "deal" that Biden* had broken?
Per that agreement that was made in 2020, everyone was supposed to be out by May 1, 2021. Biden* decided to break that agreement and to stay until later this year or maybe even into next year. Biden* admin had even signed new contracts for contractors to be working there up through to 2026. Since Biden* had planned on staying for another 6+ months then the contractors, and others, stayed to continue with the jobs they'd been contracted to do. People there relied on the government to give them the heads up on when they absolutely need to get out..seems Biden* failed in that respect too.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/29/polit...tan/index.html

Old 09-02-2021, 09:07 AM

28,731 posts, read 18,971,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Why do you keep referring to the "deal" that Biden* had broken?
Per that agreement that was made in 2020, everyone was supposed to be out by May 1, 2021. Biden* decided to break that agreement and to stay until later this year or maybe even into next year. Biden* admin had even signed new contracts for contractors to be working there up through to 2026. Since Biden* had planned on staying for another 6+ months then the contractors, and others, stayed to continue with the jobs they'd been contracted to do. People there relied on the government to give them the heads up on when they absolutely need to get out..seems Biden* failed in that respect too.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/29/polit...tan/index.html
The single worst thing Biden did was to wait until September for the withdrawal instead of getting it accomplished during the winter, when the Taliban would have been hampered. The May 1 date took that factor into account.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:38 AM

8,166 posts, read 3,153,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEv7BoqaM6g

I would rather see this kind of protest by the owner of a business then we saw when leftists followed conservatives yelling at them while they had their dinner. That was disgusting when they followed Maxine Water's instructions.
It's about time we give them a taste of their own medicine. I saw this going on for a solid 4 years in and around San Francisco (where I live) between 2016 and 2020 against the Republican's / President Trump supporters. Funny how it really didn't make news when they were doing it, but now all of a sudden someone decides to give them a taste of their own medicine and it makes national news.

I hope I see a great deal more of this moving forward because I hold this current administration, it's voter base, supporters & sympathizers completely responsible for the Afghanistan withdrawal catastrophe among a list of other serious issues.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:09 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,716,909 times
Quote:
No, I don't believe that. However it is beyond me why any non essential stayed past May (actually should have left prior to that) putting everybody else in danger afterwards. The deal was made February 2020. The end.
If you really think all military personnel made it out, think again. I would assume that you would think that they're essential, correct? Folks visiting family aside, many of the people there were contractors who were kept in place to continue doing their jobs. As another poster said, they depended on the Government (their customer) to tell them when to get out.

By the time that information made it over, there was no easy way to get out. You got to watch that play out on TV.

If you don't work with these folks you won't understand that almost nothing you've seen on TV has been complete truth. Sure, there have been some half-truths, some partial facts (I say partial because important information was omitted), etc... make their way to TV but you just don't know the half of it. If you did, I would almost guarantee that you would see this as a complete failure of our leadership.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:13 PM

8,213 posts, read 3,760,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
If you really think all military personnel made it out, think again. I would assume that you would think that they're essential, correct?
Sorry, what?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/afghani...oops-pentagon/

Old 09-02-2021, 12:26 PM

2,124 posts, read 746,763 times
Quote:
I am no doubt that those who returned back to afgh for the Americans withdrawal effort were out. However, are all military personnel are troops?

Old 09-02-2021, 12:37 PM

28,731 posts, read 18,971,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
If you really think all military personnel made it out, think again. I would assume that you would think that they're essential, correct? Folks visiting family aside, many of the people there were contractors who were kept in place to continue doing their jobs. As another poster said, they depended on the Government (their customer) to tell them when to get out.

By the time that information made it over, there was no easy way to get out. You got to watch that play out on TV.

If you don't work with these folks you won't understand that almost nothing you've seen on TV has been complete truth. Sure, there have been some half-truths, some partial facts (I say partial because important information was omitted), etc... make their way to TV but you just don't know the half of it. If you did, I would almost guarantee that you would see this as a complete failure of our leadership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
I am no doubt that those who returned back to afgh for the Americans withdrawal effort were out. However, are all military personnel are troops?
Do you have any actual evidence to the contrary?

I see no reason why all troops and American contractors are not out of the country.

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 09-02-2021 at 12:48 PM..

Old 09-02-2021, 01:50 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,716,909 times
Quote:
There you go again.... If you believe the news they made it out. If you work in that realm for a living you know very differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies