Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 10:50 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,092,438 times

Advertisements

Heard on CBS there was a push to continue forward with the impeachment of Cuomo, even after he resigns in 14 days. How long might this take?

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates...ay-2021-08-09/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 10:57 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Democrats do crazy things. impeachment is a political act. it is to REMOVE a person from office.

but the Kabuki Theater world we live in today, it would not shock me at all if the democrats in NY held a trial to remove the FORMER governor.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:03 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
But why? You first need an objective. What's the objective? He's not in office, so it's not to remove him. Why do it?

Old 08-10-2021, 11:04 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Democrats do crazy things. impeachment is a political act. it is to REMOVE a person from office.

but the Kabuki Theater world we live in today, it would not shock me at all if the democrats in NY held a trial to remove the FORMER governor.
1. You are wrong, Impeachment in the United States is the process by which a legislature's lower house brings charges against a civil federal officer, the vice president, or the president for misconduct alleged to have been committed. Impeachment DOES NOT remove anyone. Don't believe me, ask Donald Trump or Bill Clinton.

2. I don't know the answer, but are you sure it's the Dems pushing this? I realize the Dems led the charge to hold their own accountable. That's what they do. But I clicked on the link in the OP, and it was not clear to me that this is a Dem-led initiative.

3. Since he just announced his resignation less than an hour ago, I'm going to go out on the limb and say this story is 'out of date', in light of new info. I wonder if ANYONE is still pushing for impeachment?

Funny, he was ousted, as he probably should have been. But the people cheering the loudest are the same people who protected people on their "team" from allegations of doing much much worse.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:24 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,844,219 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAEg6Y65RJU

Trump 2024.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:39 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
1. You are wrong, Impeachment in the United States is the process by which a legislature's lower house brings charges against a civil federal officer, the vice president, or the president for misconduct alleged to have been committed. Impeachment DOES NOT remove anyone. Don't believe me, ask Donald Trump or Bill Clinton.

2. I don't know the answer, but are you sure it's the Dems pushing this? I realize the Dems led the charge to hold their own accountable. That's what they do. But I clicked on the link in the OP, and it was not clear to me that this is a Dem-led initiative.

3. Since he just announced his resignation less than an hour ago, I'm going to go out on the limb and say this story is 'out of date', in light of new info. I wonder if ANYONE is still pushing for impeachment?

Funny, he was ousted, as he probably should have been. But the people cheering the loudest are the same people who protected people on their "team" from allegations of doing much much worse.
Ding Ding Ding

Old 08-10-2021, 12:47 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,462,850 times
Haha…

Where are the devout republicans who said Cuomo will not be kicked out “cause democrats are immune”….(I predicted with certainty Cuomo leaving office a month ago)…
It may be inconceivable but:

1) there will be no storming of Albany…
2) No conspiracy theories. None….
3) Nobody will bring the ridiculous argument that since Cuomo was elected (by large majority) kicking him out is “war on democracy”!
4) No investigation into “who started the investigation?”….These must be his political enemies (probably)….It simply doesn’t matter (unless you’re a Trump believer).
5) There will be no doubt that he’s moving out. No chance that he entertains the thought of barricading himself and refusing to leave.

On a side note - if evidence is brought against Biden for committing inappropriate acts, he will be kicked out as well and someone else will step in. (I know it’s inconceivable…but still true).

Old 08-10-2021, 12:59 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,094,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Haha…

Where are the devout republicans who said Cuomo will not be kicked out “cause democrats are immune”….(I predicted with certainty Cuomo leaving office a month ago)…<snip>

On a side note - if evidence is brought against Biden for committing inappropriate acts, he will be kicked out as well and someone else will step in. (I know it’s inconceivable…but still true).
Although I am not a devout republican but I have been under an impression that Democrats seem to be immune, so . . .

He hasn't been kicked out, he resigned. Something he said just the other day he wouldn't do. I know, tomato, tomato. But I am a bit surprised. Do you have the link to the post where you made said claim? Just curious if you know off the top of your head, if not, no biggie. It isn't important, I'm just curious.

As far as the current President, I don't know about you, but there are several youtube videos out there that show the current President doing some very strange and close things to women and young girls. And most I have seen, that was not at all the subject of the video. So, I would call that overwhelming evidence, yet here we are, and there he is.

Old 08-10-2021, 02:58 PM

29,826 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Impeached? He needs to be locked up, with the rest of the murderers. How many seniors have died because of his actions? He absolutely has blood on his hands, as do many other democrat governors.

Old 08-10-2021, 04:19 PM

24,418 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Hopefully. Wait, did you say impeached or impaled?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies