Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 01:53 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Liberals are just about as selective when it comes to the value of human life as Conservatives are and it is really sad.

They both take stances and make a stink to push their own agenda's and to garner votes.

Of course a woman should have the Right to choose the very personal option of an abortion. It is ugly business and the politicians should stay out of it.

We would all be better off if the politicians stayed out of much of our daily life. Trump was trying to reduce the Federal footprint on our daily lives by handing responsibilities back to the individual states and the Left threw a nutty. Biden would have the Feds run our lives from the cradle to the grave and worse the Left would have us align ourselves with the world order.

It is easy to move to another state but try moving to another country to escape the tyranny of the Federal jack boot on your neck.

Politicians on both sides of the aisle are in it for themselves and I don't think they really care about anyone's life.
The only honest answer I've read in this ridiculous thread.

The topic was made just for more name calling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 01:55 PM

11,252 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahnMakyr View Post
So why do you think these factors are endemic in the community?
Because the democrats keep them in a cradle to grave victimhood mindset. All large ghettoes are in cities that are occupied heavily by democrats and ran by democrat politics. Handouts instead of hand-ups. Bad choices are a way of life. When you reward people for making poor decisions, guess what those people are gonna keep doing?

Old 09-02-2021, 01:55 PM

21,934 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
They don't believe in the nanny state, but support telling women that they can not have access to safe abortion (yes, women will have abortions regardless, as they have throughout history). That doesn't even touch the other points I brought up that you ignored about taking care of a child's welfare and safety after they are born.

You are pro birth, not pro life. I can't take anyone with this stance seriously when they have the audacity to say they believe in small or limited government
I really couldn't care less if YOU take me seriously or not.

Old 09-02-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
If liberals valued human life, Democratic cities wouldn’t be war zones.

Oh the irony of Afghan refugees fleeing the Taliban just to see the insane amount of violence in Americas own inner cities.
That might be correct if they weren't shipping to swing states.

Old 09-02-2021, 01:56 PM

828 posts, read 416,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahnMakyr View Post
How do you think many black households ended up fatherless?

Did they collectively decide to leave or is there something that affects the community that causes this issue to be endemic?
Just part of the culture. You will find the same thing in Africa countries that where always ruled by blacks.

Old 09-02-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Oh dang, you have a solution for inner city crime? Enlighten us all.
I do! I do! Prosecute criminals again. Done. Easy.

Old 09-02-2021, 01:57 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Don't seem to care about 13 servicemen/women killed in Afghanistan or the other people killed by that bomb.

Don't care about babies being aborted.

Don't care about hundreds of blacks in inner cities murdered every day.

Serious question. Do liberals value human life at all?
Soldiers die in conflict zones. Did we forget that was a dangerous profession?

How many unwanted children have you adopted? How often have you been against welfare for them?

Now you’re just being dramatic. It’s not hundreds every day.

Old 09-02-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modest View Post
I'm not a liberal by my own standards, but I'm sure many die hard conservatives would consider me as such.

I teared/choked up reading some of the writeups on the serviceman/women who were killed. It was an absolute tragedy.

Abortion, to me anyhow, is both a personal and economic decision. Many of these aborted fetuses would have otherwise grown up in unloving homes and in poverty. As a result, many will grow up depending on welfare and won't have great job prospects. Many will land in prison out of desperation and poor upbringing. We're already losing tons of rote, simple task jobs to automation; jobs that these types of people would rely on for sustenance. For me personally, that's not a life I would want to lead for 70+ years. If those were my options, I would hope that my parents would consider abortion for me out of sympathy to my circumstances. But I am also not very hung up or fearful of death, which drives a lot of these emotional, religious decisions. To me, it's just a part of the experience and it won't matter after I'm gone either way.

I care about blacks in inner cities being murdered every day. That's why I support taxes and LOTS of them, which conservatives tend to loathe. Taxes fund public services like schools, health facilities, recreation, police, fire, EMT, etc. These things attract educated workers, which gives way to a more lucrative business environment that attracts businesses. Businesses want the best workers, and they tend to set up shop where educated people live. Educated people live in cities, because cities tend to have well-funded public services available to them.

So yes, I care about human life a lot, as outlined above in the reasons I stated. At the other end, conservatives tend to hate taxes. They tend to resent people who rely on welfare. They tend to place profit motive above the value of humans in business--because it's business and profit is the only thing that matters. And while they sure love to protect fetuses, once you hit around the age of 12, you better pull yourself up by your own bootstraps. Conservatives tend to put on a facade that they care about human life, but I think their actions and words tend to speak much louder about how they really don't care much about anyone else but themselves.
You don't have a clue what conservatives think. Seriously. You don't.

Old 09-02-2021, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
That’s like asking Republicans if they value nationalism. The answer is yes. But such questions are becoming more immaterial by the day. It’s not what we the people want that is currently steering the boat. When will people, regardless of political affiliation, understand who is calling all the shots? It’s big money in charge. They are grabbing power at epic rates. You have to be blind not to see the totalitarian method of ruling.

The power and directives are not coming from the D or R parties!!! Those that think they are don’t understand how low global governments are on the pyramid of power.

Case and point. Look at Biden. A few of you have correctly figured out that Biden is a puppet and he’s being run by his handlers. Yes this is true! But who do the handlers answer to? Americans are almost incapable to look up and understand this pyramid of power. Instead they really think all power rests at the Democratic or Republican levels. WRONG! This is myopic thinking.

Yes I got off topic here, but we all need to be on the same page, before it’s too late and they take everything away from us because that’s where all of this is headed. It’s one massive power grab and we simple folks are the ones losing.
I don't disagree with you. I recognize that there are plenty of slimeball Republicans.

Old 09-02-2021, 02:03 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Same flawed one sided view as those that claim that those who are against gun control/ban are also not valuing life.

Discussions along these lines do nothing to add but to demonize the other side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies