Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 12:30 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
The free market allows for private enterprises to make such decisions. The market will decide, will we see a huge downturn in profits for this chain?
Probably not because the people in NZ are used to being dominated by their nanny state government. They accept it as normal now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 12:56 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Since you know so much about me, when is my birthday? What color socks do I have on right now? Do I even have on socks?
I don't ever want to know. The internet is full of freaks and we're all better off not knowing anything real about one another and you should keep your laundry choices closely guarded. I for one make damn sure that nobody here knows anything factual about me. Knowing that, I have always treated people based on nothing more than what they gave me in print ... and garden variety, unoriginal collectivist elitist is what you put out in your posts. If you don't know that and it isn't what you want to convey then rethink the message. If you're playing devil's advocate or just a fabricated persona then I'm a supporter but don't whine when people respond to what you put out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5
I never said I agreed with them shutting down McDonalds, I simply stated what they went through and how they felt, from what I've seen and was told by people who live there. Try reading comprehension.
Yay you have "I know New Zealander" points. So do I. And Australians. And I get the commie crackdown reports pretty regularly. So what? So I know that some are pacified and take it and others think it's ... well, a commie crackdown. You kind of simplified the NZ public's sentiment and its inaccurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5
I called the US a me culture yes, because we are. If that makes you upset, there's nothing I can do about it. It's my opinion.
Your opinion is wrong. Putting aside for the time being your telling derogatory label for an individualistic culture ... We are no longer that. We have devolved into a herd-think culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew
The same way yall can call New Zealanders nannies and sheeples, I can call my country selfish.
You're so behind the times or you're so young you have nothing to compare them to. Catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew
Your second paragraph makes absolutely no sense and seems like you just googled "random big smart dictionary words I can use" and threw them all in a paragraph generator.
Oh vocabulary-up and don't make a virtue out of a vice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5
My opinion really should not bother you that much, and I am in awe that yall are still sitting here typing at me about it lol. Big snowflake attitude here.
LOL! What do you think happens here? Every single person here is here for the same reasons. To opine and/or to shoot down bozos whose opinions they think are dumb. There is no other reason. Nobody, NOBODY is here to learn and be educated. If you're trying then you are seriously wasting your time because the only people that will ever agree with you are those whose pre-existing world view you just validated.

Old 09-07-2021, 12:58 PM

4,299 posts, read 1,556,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Probably not because the people in NZ are used to being dominated by their nanny state government. They accept it as normal now.
It's not a nanny state if the supermarkets are the ones making the decision.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:16 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Good luck with the US invading India.
That’s not the point and you know it.
The point was to illustrate and disprove your point that bigger somehow meant stronger.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:19 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
That’s not the point and you know it.
The point was to illustrate and disprove your point that bigger somehow meant stronger.
India is strong - I doubt the US would want to tangle with India on it's home turf.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:29 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
India is strong - I doubt the US would want to tangle with India on it's home turf.
Again, deflection. India is no match for the U.S. home turf or not. Again, we’re not talking about these countries realistically going to war because they are allies. We are hypothetically assuming that if they did have to fight one another, who would win and that was only to illustrate how your claim that “size matters” was wrong.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:30 PM

1,702 posts, read 783,390 times
What are they going to do when people start using cars as weapons? I guess they'll ALL be on public transit.

What about when people use hammers, screwdrivers, or hatchets... Then what?

Old 09-07-2021, 01:41 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,358,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
What are they going to do when people start using cars as weapons? I guess they'll ALL be on public transit.

What about when people use hammers, screwdrivers, or hatchets... Then what?
Not the best solution given the transmissible nature of COVID-19 coupled with human behavior (not everyone will/can be properly masked, social distanced, etc). Not to mention now you have a target-rich potential terrorist situation(see London and Japan).

Old 09-07-2021, 01:42 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Why are you so upset? You can disagree with me sure, but if you want to personally insult me then you should at least know something about me. You're still calling me a "collectivist" without knowing the slightest thing about me. I personally do not practice "collectivism." That being said, i'm not sure that is the insult you keep trying to push it as.

Why are you so upset? Are you okay?

Isn't this topic about knives? You didn't mention a knife one time during this whole rant. Youre really raising your blood pressure over this and its quite remarkable. You should not be so upset?
I couldn't care less about knives. I'm here for the entertainment.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:43 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Again, deflection. India is no match for the U.S. home turf or not. Again, we’re not talking about these countries realistically going to war because they are allies. We are hypothetically assuming that if they did have to fight one another, who would win and that was only to illustrate how your claim that “size matters” was wrong.
Not really seeing your logic here - are you saying that America's might isn't related to it's size and resources?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies