Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 04:55 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,861,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You do understand that the higher proportion of vaccinated people there are, the higher the proportion of breakthrough cases will be, right?
So many breakthrough cases that 59% of those in Israel hospitalized are fully-vaccinated.

Interesting, how the general public is not able to get a 3rd vaccine upon request if they want either.

Even though there are a tremendous amounts of breakthrough infections and hospitalizations even with the vaccine, I called about a 3rd vaccine and they said I can't get a 3rd yet.

There is something fishy going on when people they have a tremendous amount of vaccine but those who want choices including a 3rd are only approved for certain conditions.

People should have a choice. People should be able to get a 3rd vaccine if they want or if they don't want it none at all.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...udy-finds.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 04:57 PM

13,064 posts, read 7,500,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The vaccine is so amazing that 59% hospitalized in Israel are fully vaccinated.

Are you the OP?

Your statistic could may mean also, 41% of the remaining hospitalized were unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated or antibodies have not been sufficient since the last vaccination. And since the unvaccinated are now a very much a minority of Israel's population, its a higher probability of being unvaccinated And in the hospital.

thanks for the statistic.
Maybe this MSM article, can say what you want to say? {executive summary: Nothing, is fully effective. It may get bad. No one knows.} https://news.yahoo.com/could-israel-...hssrp_catchall

Last edited by leastprime; 09-07-2021 at 05:11 PM..

Old 09-07-2021, 04:59 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces;61859790[B
]I think, all these Doctors and Nurses should lose their Jobs. [/b]All of them. Yup and I'm a Nurse.

Oh? Even suspected murderers get a day in court to state their case.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:01 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,915,963 times
If this is accurate, talk to a lawyer, not a random forum online.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:06 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
So many breakthrough cases that 59% of those in Israel hospitalized are fully-vaccinated.

Interesting, how the general public is not able to get a 3rd vaccine upon request if they want either.

Even though there are a tremendous amounts of breakthrough infections and hospitalizations even with the vaccine, I called about a 3rd vaccine and they said I can't get a 3rd yet.

There is something fishy going on when people they have a tremendous amount of vaccine but those who want choices including a 3rd are only approved for certain conditions.

People should have a choice. People should be able to get a 3rd vaccine if they want or if they don't want it none at all.

Neighbors of mine in the NW suburbs of Chicago walked into Walgreens and got a third shot. They didn't even make an appointment.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:09 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,099,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
here comes your cousin, who had the opportunity to reduce his risk but chose not to, instead taking up valuable staff, space, and medical resources. I can't blame the nurses for being frustrated at the waste.
Do you know why he chose not to take the vaccine? I don't. It wasn't in the OP, as I recall.

A lot of people - a LOT - are advised against it by their doctors due to conditions they have which make the vaccine a higher risk than the virus.

Why are people approaching this thing in an "all or nothing" fashion, with complete disregard for individual situations and choices? We've always had diseases and vaccines. They've always killed people every year. We've always lived with the risks associated with those things, and didn't jump down everyone's throat for not getting the flu shot every year - their choice. But for some reason, it's the zombie apocalypse this time, despite the fact that it's not.

Y'all have lost your heads.

I understand the resource issues, and some good points can be made about that, but nothing which justifies the attitude people are dishing out over this. Not at all. This is something else. Some kind of mass psychosis.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Neighbors of mine in the NW suburbs of Chicago walked into Walgreens and got a third shot. They didn't even make an appointment.
Everyone in Chicago gets shot multiple times.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:15 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,099,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
We need to make lists.
That is SUCH a bad idea.

We don't want enemy lists.

We really don't.

That's a very bad road to go down.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:19 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Everyone in Chicago gets shot multiple times.

LMAO!!! Touché, my friend!

Your time at camp hasn't slowed you down. We just have to watch what we say to one another or we'll both be sent to camp.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:19 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,882,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Do you know why he chose not to take the vaccine? I don't. It wasn't in the OP, as I recall.

A lot of people - a LOT - are advised against it by their doctors due to conditions they have which make the vaccine a higher risk than the virus.

Why are people approaching this thing in an "all or nothing" fashion, with complete disregard for individual situations and choices? We've always had diseases and vaccines. They've always killed people every year. We've always lived with the risks associated with those things, and didn't jump down everyone's throat for not getting the flu shot every year - their choice. But for some reason, it's the zombie apocalypse this time, despite the fact that it's not.

Y'all have lost your heads.

I understand the resource issues, and some good points can be made about that, but nothing which justifies the attitude people are dishing out over this. Not at all. This is something else. Some kind of mass psychosis.
There is a difference between "I cannot get vaccinated" and "I didn't want to get vaccinated"

And COVID is not the Flu. Stop comparing the two. 10x the kill rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies