Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you quit your job over vaccine mandates, or indent do quit if your employer mandates the vaccin
Yes I will quit my job over vaccine mandates 53 41.73%
No I will get the vaccine and comply with the mandate 74 58.27%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 11:14 AM

7,785 posts, read 6,402,464 times

Advertisements

Non-issue, got the vaccine months ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 11:27 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,120,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I always find it funny that pro vaccine leftists champion “private business right” after a year of forcing businesses to shut down and mask mandate
I love it when one has no standing except to claim (in this case falsely) a political left vs right argument.

I am not left.... lol

You add to it a deflection to the mask mandate/store closing on top of that. If you want to continue with the deflection... How about the bakery and the gay couple wedding cake? I supported the bakery's decision... how about you?

It is a fact that nurses are required as part of their job to have certain vaccinations. . No one is telling them what to do with their lives.... like no one is telling hospitals how to run their business. Its choices and those choices either expand or limit opportunities for both the employees and employers. NO ONE is entitle to a job.

I guess you have a problem with facts, private business rights, and at-will employment? If anything you are leaning left on this issue.

It has always been this way.. aways.... at will... and vaccination requirements for certain jobs.

Old 09-08-2021, 11:40 AM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times
Some people were ready to volunteer to go back into the office but changed their minds when they added the mask wearing to it. Nope.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:40 PM

14,233 posts, read 4,605,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It would be nice if people stopped making stupid excuses. This is about the health and well being of our friends, family, and neighbors. Nothing political.

Anti-vaxxers need to grow up. Let's wear the masks (when appropriate), take the vaccine and protect the people we love.

~

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/
How do you protect people that you love when vax people can still spread the disease

Old 09-08-2021, 12:42 PM

25,841 posts, read 18,870,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I wonder how many are willing to put their politics over their lively hood.
Nothing to do with politics. I don't trust the "vaccines" for several reasons.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:43 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,391,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No one should quit. Make them fire you and then sue. Needs to happen en masse or we end up like Australia, concentration camps and all.
Sue for what?

You aren't entitled to a job, Karl.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:44 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,884,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
How do you protect people that you love when vax people can still spread the disease
If they spread it to other vaccinated people the odds are they won't get very sick, almost certainly not sick enough to require hospitalization. If they spread it to the unvaxxed, well, that's a whole different thing.

You protect the people you love by getting vaxxed and encouraging your loved ones to do so, too.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:47 PM

46,978 posts, read 26,041,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The funniest part about this is that the same people who are whining about employer mandates are the same ones who despise unions and who pushed through the odious policy of "at will" employment in nearly every state in the union.

Now, your employer is perfectly empowered--by the at will employment laws you all supported--to let you go from your job for refusing a condition of employment.

Reap as you sow.
The right-wingers are discovering that their love affair with the rich is rather one-sided? Long may it last.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:49 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,391,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The right-wingers are discovering that their love affair with the rich is rather one-sided? Long may it last.
Yep.

Free market when it suits them but further left than your side when the circumstances don't suit 'em.

Hypocrites.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:50 PM

14,233 posts, read 4,605,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
If they spread it to other vaccinated people the odds are they won't get very sick, almost certainly not sick enough to require hospitalization. If they spread it to the unvaxxed, well, that's a whole different thing.

You protect the people you love by getting vaxxed and encouraging your loved ones to do so, too.
All immediate families are vaxed. Now what?

I guess I can skip on getting the vax, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies