Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 08:46 AM

8,420 posts, read 7,422,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I still haven't heard any rational explanation for vote tallies for Trump declining on live TV.
You have heard the explanations...it appears that you choose to deem them not rational for your own reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 09:07 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
There's an Associated Press news article out in the past 24 hours, discussing the "Grassroots Canvass Report" from Liz Harris.

It quotes Stanford University political science professor Justin Grimmer, who points out that the large numbers published by the report are projected from a non-random sampling from only 4,750 voters in a few voting precincts. "From the description in the report, it is clear that this was not a random sample". Grimmer also said that even if it was random, certain areas were oversampled, and the authors didn’t take into account that the people who responded to the canvassers were likely different than those who didn’t respond.

Tammy Patrick, a senior advisor at the Democracy Fund and a former Maricopa County elections official, pointed out that the sampling also didn't adjust for people who didn't actually vote but who would claim so when asked. Per Patrick, "Voters will over-report their participation in light of social pressure to demonstrate actions that they perceive as socially desirable."

In addition Patrick pointed out that some of the so-called "ghost votes" failed to take into account that people on active military duty overseas are allowed to vote using their last domiciled place of residence in the US.

Bottom line - partisan people using scientific methods inaccurately leads to inaccurate results.

Louder for the people in the back.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:54 AM

8,630 posts, read 10,157,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If you are able to say how any of that red herring is tied to the audit, I might answer you.

As for your claims toward me, I never "badgered" AZ politicians, just that I cannot consider any that voted to overturn the election because they didn't agree with the result. Mind you, it nearly happened in 2018 over the Sinema win for U.S. Senate. Any political that doesn't accept the results of an election without probable cause, I'm sorry but I cannot vote for them in good conscience. That isn't badgering them.
Again, I never said I was speaking about the audit, so I'm not sure why I have to negotiate with you in order to have a discussion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I was simply replying to your post about calling AZ Republican politicians partisan hacks. You don't get to lecture me on what I should be discussing. At least I show up for discussions instead of going MIA when caught in a lie. And since when would you vote for a Republican anyway?

Old 09-10-2021, 11:18 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Again, I never said I was speaking about the audit, so I'm not sure why I have to negotiate with you in order to have a discussion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I was simply replying to your post about calling AZ Republican politicians partisan hacks....
Well, what he said was "...Only right wing partisan hacks like all five of the AZ Governor candidates for 2022 believe the election was stolen..."

There are lots of folks on the right, I have to assume some politicians in Arizona included, that don't think the election was stolen. No?

Old 09-10-2021, 12:31 PM

9,376 posts, read 6,984,194 times
All Trump had to do was not tap dance on McCain’s grave and he would have won the state.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:39 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The GOP are a bunch of kids

“Only way I lose is if they cheat”

Something a kid who “had their girlfriends stolen in HS before they moved onto the next one” would say
I don't know what was behind that statement, and I'm not going to claim anything about it.

What I do know is that Republican internal polling has been hyper-accurate for the last few elections, and that the President of the United States has access to information that we don't, and which he can't share. For those reasons, I can't make the assumption that he was just blustering there.

We'll likely never know why he said that, but I don't think we can honestly dismiss it out of hand. Yes, it's an extraordinary claim, and it'd require extraordinary evidence to prove, but that doesn't mean that it's false. Just unlikely.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:04 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Again, I never said I was speaking about the audit, so I'm not sure why I have to negotiate with you in order to have a discussion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I was simply replying to your post about calling AZ Republican politicians partisan hacks. You don't get to lecture me on what I should be discussing. At least I show up for discussions instead of going MIA when caught in a lie. And since when would you vote for a Republican anyway?
Refer to the below post. Hooligan replied better than I can while I am on lunch break at work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Well, what he said was "...Only right wing partisan hacks like all five of the AZ Governor candidates for 2022 believe the election was stolen..."

There are lots of folks on the right, I have to assume some politicians in Arizona included, that don't think the election was stolen. No?
Mind you I said that former Gov. Jan Brewer said Biden IS President and she is a Republican in my original post. Guess you missed me putting over a Republican in your partisan rant.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:12 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,455,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I don't know what was behind that statement, and I'm not going to claim anything about it.

What I do know is that Republican internal polling has been hyper-accurate for the last few elections, and that the President of the United States has access to information that we don't, and which he can't share. For those reasons, I can't make the assumption that he was just blustering there.

We'll likely never know why he said that, but I don't think we can honestly dismiss it out of hand. Yes, it's an extraordinary claim, and it'd require extraordinary evidence to prove, but that doesn't mean that it's false. Just unlikely.
If Miss Ohio says that Miss USA is rigged if Miss Utah wins, before the pageant (or really at all), Miss Ohio is going to be in hot water and people will call for her removal from the pageant. Dont see how this is any different than a presidential election, regardless of what polls hes looking at. This is not something you should say to begin with.

Notice again he said IF he loses, it was because it was rigged and taken from him, which translates to "this will only be considered rigged if it goes against me. If it ends up going in my favor then there is nothing to see here."

Old 09-10-2021, 01:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Weasel words. There is no way we can say "I don't know what was behind that statement, and I'm not going to claim anything about it." We have all known Trump especially if you lived in New York or New Jersey. We all know he is an egotistical maniac going back to the 1980's. The US should have learned it during his first run as Republican candidate in 2015/6 when he said Iowa was rigged after losing the Caucus to Sen. Cruz and using the same claims of fraud with how Clinton had 3m votes on him through the popular vote. I'm sorry but we know this was a way to attack the results and create doubt to overcome his shortcomings as a man.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:21 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,157,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Refer to the below post. Hooligan replied better than I can while I am on lunch break at work.

Mind you I said that former Gov. Jan Brewer said Biden IS President and she is a Republican in my original post. Guess you missed me putting over a Republican in your partisan rant.
So you don't believe Jan Brewer is/was a partisan hack? Good to know.

Furthermore, I'm an independent. I've never claimed to be a Republican nor a Democrat. Now, I'll let you get back to your issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies