Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 08:10 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The vaccines are not 100% effective

It took years but you finally said something I agree with.

15 days to flatten the curve
This is nothing but more FUD for a continued government power grab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 08:18 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
And about 1,700 Americans will die from heart disease today. About 8,000 die every day - something is going to kill all of us.

And by the way, something is going to kill you sooner rather than later ... average life expectancy is 78.8.
So you admit your "dying in an auto accident" comment was hog wash, right! And since you can't defend it, you've moved the goal posts in a wussified attempt to deflect from the BS in your post.

And your 78.8 number is also BS in my case, in that once you get to be 75, for men, we can expect to live another 11.32 years, and for women it is 13.10. Those numbers are from Social Security web site, and you can confirm if you like. Plus Mom just turned 98.

Thanks for making this easy.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:19 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Just do the exact opposite of what we're told to do and things will be fine. Don't wear masks, don't lockdown, don't get vaxxed and don't listen to the BS stories about hospitals being overrun.
We have Jim Jones and Dr. Mengele leading us on Covid. I'll just tune them out and live life like a normal sane person.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:21 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Is it really ebbing.

So the big surge came when schools that go back early to mid August returned to in class learning.

So will we see a bit of a spike in the north east in the next two weeks?

Who knows.

I hope that the hospitals that are under stress get some relief soon.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:24 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You want to take the vaccine, go ahead and be my guest. I got my two shots, but am definitely on the fence and 'waiting to see' about a booster shot. Not trusting the politicians or Fauci any longer, not that I ever really did.

In the meantime..... NO . MORE . LOCKDOWNS. The vulnerable need to quarantine themselves.
I'll get the booster when and as often as needed. I've lost a cousin and her husband plus a trusted doctor to covid, and have a grandson that survived it.

As for the quarantine idea, we know that it largely doesn't work. Example: My elderly mother has not been outside of her (very well run) senior living facility in about 2 years, but was given Covid by an infected worker. The good news is that she (my mother) was fully vaxxed and has asymptomatic.

I hope you don't die while you're setting on that fence.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:24 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Is it really ebbing.

So the big surge came when schools that go back early to mid August returned to in class learning.

So will we see a bit of a spike in the north east in the next two weeks?

Who knows.

I hope that the hospitals that are under stress get some relief soon.

No, it’s more like the natural pattern of covid. Southern states didn’t surge in the summer due to kids returning to school, they surged because there is a pattern and it was their time to surge, just like they surged the previous summer. Northern states surged last fall and winter and will again in spite of higher vaccination rates in those states. The virus is doing what it was meant viruses do, rise and fall, for covid, roughly every six months, peak and fall over and over again.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:26 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The 744th wave is going to be so much worse.... it'll require outright communism to save you.
Mandates are here already.. communist rule for the little people... not the ruling class.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:28 AM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
So you admit your "dying in an auto accident" comment was hog wash, right! And since you can't defend it, you've moved the goal posts in a wussified attempt to deflect from the BS in your post.

And your 78.8 number is also BS in my case, in that once you get to be 75, for men, we can expect to live another 11.32 years, and for women it is 13.10. Those numbers are from Social Security web site, and you can confirm if you like. Plus Mom just turned 98.

Thanks for making this easy.
No, the auto accident comment is 100% accurate and easily provable. In other news, water is wet.

And no, average life expectancy is 78.8. So it's been nice knowing you I guess.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:30 AM

15,848 posts, read 6,551,421 times
It depends on how the virus mutates going forward. Nobody knows for certain, although there are likelihoods. COVID-19 is still evolving to adapt to our physiology; it could get worse, or it could grow milder.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No, it’s more like the natural pattern of covid. Southern states didn’t surge in the summer due to kids returning to school, they surged because there is a pattern and it was their time to surge, just like they surged the previous summer. Northern states surged last fall and winter and will again in spite of higher vaccination rates in those states. The virus is doing what it was meant viruses do, rise and fall, for covid, roughly every six months, peak and fall over and over again.
How is it their time?

It is less about physical geography and more to it.

Last summer the southern states that defied the COVID guidelines saw a surge in the spread after the lockdowns were lifted. Had nothing to do about being in the south.

The south had a surge in the winter just like the north.....why -- because defying social mandates, holiday times, increased travel.

The south had a surge this summer -- not in June when school broke out and the vacations hit but in August when kids went back to school.

And other factors impact the cycles.

Wisconsin never had the preliminary surge -- they didn't see significant outbreaks until fall/winter. Not because it is a northern state -- but more about the lifestyle. Wisconsin is not inclined to get as many visitors, the population density, etc.

Similar in North Dakota. They really have only one big surge....while Florida has clearly had four significant surges. It isn't just the lack of guidelines but also the time of living -- higher density, more visitors from all over.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies