Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 08:29 PM

17,370 posts, read 14,613,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
And yes, once you've actually reached the age of 70+, you can be expected to live longer than the average life expectancy due to the fact that you've made it that far.

The 78.8 figure is life expectancy from birth. It goes up the longer you live past middle age.

Soz.

Again, something is going to kill him sooner rather than later as the average life expectancy is 78.8 and he’s pretty close to it or surpassed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 08:32 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Oh my goodness. There is a cold and flu season every year.

What is with this tendency to catastrophize normal, natural occurrences?

Old 09-12-2021, 08:33 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Florida- 233% increase in visitors this year. I hear the northern folks n Canadians are packing up their bags, they not missing snow bird season this year. Sigh

Old 09-12-2021, 08:43 PM

13,417 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Again, something is going to kill him sooner rather than later as the average life expectancy is 78.8 and he’s pretty close to it or surpassed it.
No, again, that's life expectancy from birth.

Life expectancy once you've reached your 70's is longer that 78.8 number.

Life expentancy goes up the older you get, past a certain age. I understand that's a hard concept to grasp.

Yes he's closer to the end of his life than a baby, obviously, and he's not got the majority of his life left to live.

But his life expectancy as expressed as a number of years has increased beyond the average.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:54 PM

17,370 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
No, again, that's life expectancy from birth.

Life expectancy once you've reached your 70's is longer that 78.8 number.

Life expentancy goes up the older you get, past a certain age. I understand that's a hard concept to grasp.

Yes he's closer to the end of his life than a baby, obviously, and he's not got the majority of his life left to live.

But his life expectancy as expressed as a number of years has increased beyond the average.
Sigh.

I understand exactly what I've been saying and why I've been saying it.

I honestly don't care because he's close to the end of his life and something is going to take him out sooner rather than later. Maybe tonight. Who knows.

Don't you have a kangaroo to wrestle or a koala to rescue or something?

Old 09-14-2021, 08:43 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The massive migration across the border began in January though.
But Delta came in the late spring or early summer, and it’s more contagious.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:05 PM

1,137 posts, read 447,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The politicians want more power. They need this virus, terrorism, illegal immigration and high crime rates. That is why nothing they do actually fixes any of those problems. Look at the solution to any major issue in America and it always involves more power and control by government. Most problems could be fixed or at least mitigated with some laws that do not transfer power to the government. Here is an example or two:

Crime

Execute 100% of violent offenders. No if's, and's or butt's and no long delays. I agree there may be a tragic mistake resulting in an innocent person being executed, but there will be many more lives saved, many less rapes and tons less violent assaults. The results will be immediate and there will be zero repeat offenders. The prisons will have much more space for non violent offenders to complete longer sentences that will in turn reduce non violent crime. There will be much less fear among the citizens resulting in much less tension between people of all ages, races and income levels.

Illegal Immigration

Put our military on the borders, finish the wall and detain 100% of illegals crossing. DNA test them, and return them to the other side of whatever border they crossed. Not in a month, week or even a few days. Let any nation know that their immigrants will not be accepted unless they go through all the proper immigration procedures and that any aid we give that nation will be reduced based on the cost of the illegal immigrants detained from that nation.

Terrorism and Covid are more complex. But what we are doing for covid is not working. Lockdowns don't seem to stop it, a cloth mask wont filter a virus, and the jab apparently is not stopping the virus either although it does appear it makes the symptoms more mild. We need to demand China come clean. I suspect they have an answer. It appears they made it, so they likely could fix it. The virus and the jab have become political tools used to turn one group against the other. That is no accident.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
So you admit your "dying in an auto accident" comment was hog wash, right! And since you can't defend it, you've moved the goal posts in a wussified attempt to deflect from the BS in your post.

And your 78.8 number is also BS in my case, in that once you get to be 75, for men, we can expect to live another 11.32 years, and for women it is 13.10. Those numbers are from Social Security web site, and you can confirm if you like. Plus Mom just turned 98.

Thanks for making this easy.
I don't believe 86 is average for men.

https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/RL32792.html

Old 09-14-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Every anti-vaxxer that subsequently is infected with Covid regrets not getting the jab. Hmmm.
Just because someone doesn't want the vax does not make them anti vax. I dont want the jab, but I am glad the vax is here and accessible for those that do want it. In fact I am vaccinated for many things, was in the Navy in the 70's and got more shots than you can imagine for all kinds of diseases. But I don't want a hastily rushed and unstudied vaccine put in me by mandate. I love people who sling labels that make little to no sense. Anti vaccine and cautious about the Covid vaccine are completely different.

Maybe you should be asking yourself why the government is pushing this so hard. Who is making big money off this? It isn't free no matter what they say, and someone or many someones are making massive fortunes off this experimental and untested vaccine. I'd love to see the names of the people in government that invested in the drug companies that made the vaccines and how many shares they own. I bet that would be an eye opener.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:34 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Personally I hope he lives for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies